Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redeem Sterling 17:02 - Aug 15 with 1687 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I criticise him because of his continued poor performances for England. Nothing more. This racism stuff is just rubbish. Every one too sensitive these days.
Redeem Sterling on 17:06 - Aug 15 with 1663 viewsfooters

Problem is a large proportion of articles on Sterling are about his lifestyle rather than his football.

Agree though. Too many sensitive snowflakes about rather than proper blokes like you and me.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 17:11 - Aug 15 with 1640 views_

Redeem Sterling on 17:12 - Aug 15 with 1645 viewssparks

most of it is rubbish. With some I have no doubt there is an undercurrent- as there was in the past with a number of Town players who were immediately labelled arrogant or lazy in a way which is rarely applied to white players.

That said, Sterling has consistently underperformed and frustrated in an England shirt, upset many liverpool fans by the manner of his departure, has shown himself up with the laughing gas incident, and has then effectively demanded publcially attention by having himself tatooed with an assault rifle, at a time when people are worried about gun crime and glorification of gang violence and guns, especially in urban black communities.

I struggle to find an equivalent player for purposes of comparison, to see if similar criticism or comment is meted out.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Redeem Sterling on 17:44 - Aug 15 with 1555 viewsbadadski

Redeem Sterling on 17:12 - Aug 15 by sparks

most of it is rubbish. With some I have no doubt there is an undercurrent- as there was in the past with a number of Town players who were immediately labelled arrogant or lazy in a way which is rarely applied to white players.

That said, Sterling has consistently underperformed and frustrated in an England shirt, upset many liverpool fans by the manner of his departure, has shown himself up with the laughing gas incident, and has then effectively demanded publcially attention by having himself tatooed with an assault rifle, at a time when people are worried about gun crime and glorification of gang violence and guns, especially in urban black communities.

I struggle to find an equivalent player for purposes of comparison, to see if similar criticism or comment is meted out.

I thought he was poor and Ali was poor but i thought Tripper was class so would that make me 66.6666% racist?

Lazy journalism kicked off by the Mouth of Wright who i don't understand why he cant just admit that Sterling is not very good for England however good he is for the mighty Citeh.
Redeem Sterling on 18:18 - Aug 15 with 1494 viewschristiand

This is society today. They want us to see people not because of the colour of their skin and rightly so, but then once their is an element of crisiticism it becomes a race issue.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 18:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Redeem Sterling on 18:20 - Aug 15 with 1482 viewsIllinoisblue

ahem: https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-raheem-sterling-the-sun-and-

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Redeem Sterling on 18:20 - Aug 15 with 1477 viewsSpruceMoose

Redeem Sterling on 18:18 - Aug 15 by christiand

This is society today. They want us to see people not because of the colour of their skin and rightly so, but then once their is an element of crisiticism it becomes a race issue.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 18:21]

Who is 'They'?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Redeem Sterling on 18:22 - Aug 15 with 1465 viewschristiand

Redeem Sterling on 18:20 - Aug 15 by SpruceMoose

Who is 'They'?

Generally

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Redeem Sterling on 18:39 - Aug 15 with 1433 viewsFtnfwest

Well I for one am sorry for being racist to him at the World Cup as I wanted him replaced after the first game with err... rashford
Redeem Sterling on 18:54 - Aug 15 with 1401 viewsJakeITFC

Firstly, he is far from poor for England.

Secondly, there is an undoubted racial element to the absolute lowest of the low coverage that follows his career in the gutter press.

Not rating him as a footballer is fine (but difficult for me to believe because he is exceptional) but it is the scapegoating, the use of shiitty media slurs (about his money, his holidays or whatever else) to slight him as a player, and the outright genuine racism that I’ve heard about him whilst watching England games that simply can’t be tolerated.
Redeem Sterling on 18:57 - Aug 15 with 1385 viewsfooters

Redeem Sterling on 18:54 - Aug 15 by JakeITFC

Firstly, he is far from poor for England.

Secondly, there is an undoubted racial element to the absolute lowest of the low coverage that follows his career in the gutter press.

Not rating him as a footballer is fine (but difficult for me to believe because he is exceptional) but it is the scapegoating, the use of shiitty media slurs (about his money, his holidays or whatever else) to slight him as a player, and the outright genuine racism that I’ve heard about him whilst watching England games that simply can’t be tolerated.

Paying off your mum's mortgage is disgusting behaviour. Glad the press has brought it to light.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Redeem Sterling on 19:03 - Aug 15 with 1367 viewsJakeITFC

Can you explain the Liverpool point please?
Redeem Sterling on 20:24 - Aug 15 with 1253 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Redeem Sterling on 19:03 - Aug 15 by JakeITFC

Can you explain the Liverpool point please?

He had the gall to want to leave what was at the time the 6th best team in the country where he was being played often at wing back, for the best one where he has since developed further as a player and won trophies

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Redeem Sterling on 20:24 - Aug 15 with 1247 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You do realise he didn’t get the tattoo done just before the World Cup, right?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Redeem Sterling on 21:43 - Aug 15 with 1144 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I honestly dont think its rubbish at all. What you are describing as a fan is completely different. The tabloid media (in the main) have been relentless on him. Its always time and calculated for maximum impact on the lad and its wrong.

I'm not sure its racially motivated but it is motivated by something. It sometimes seems to be when a player puts a foot wrong and it sells some papers thats open season for that player. Ashley Cole got it bad. Beckham however had a stint before he became golden boy.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024