Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... 17:13 - Aug 23 with 5479 viewsSitfcB

...on derby day.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/23-08-2018/response-tweets-today-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:25 - Aug 23 with 4891 viewstextbackup

I really don’t know why anyone is so worried about this. Let them get wrecked, be even more funnier seeing them smash the place up after they lose (then get fined and banned)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:27 - Aug 23 with 4872 viewsfooters

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:25 - Aug 23 by textbackup

I really don’t know why anyone is so worried about this. Let them get wrecked, be even more funnier seeing them smash the place up after they lose (then get fined and banned)

Same. It's a good place to contain them really, pub owner gets a nice payday and even budgies deserve to get pished- we're not monsters.

But why the hoo-ha about 6am? Are they bussing them in? Don't make any sense.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:30 - Aug 23 with 4847 viewstextbackup

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:27 - Aug 23 by footers

Same. It's a good place to contain them really, pub owner gets a nice payday and even budgies deserve to get pished- we're not monsters.

Earliest train arrives at 0740....

So even if 20 stay over night before can you honestly see them waking up at 5.30 to shower and be there for 6?

The licence will start from 6 but 100% they won’t open until 7, and first people arrive at 0745

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:34 - Aug 23 with 4823 viewsfooters

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:30 - Aug 23 by textbackup

So even if 20 stay over night before can you honestly see them waking up at 5.30 to shower and be there for 6?

The licence will start from 6 but 100% they won’t open until 7, and first people arrive at 0745

That's what I don't get! Bizarre.

There may be some Ipswich-based budgies returning from a rave or a week on the trawlers we haven't considered here though.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:35 - Aug 23 with 4823 viewsBlue_Order

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:27 - Aug 23 by footers

Isn’t the point that we have to suffer a midday kick off to limit people’s drinking time? Therefore pubs opening at 6am completely defeats the object.

I’ve no problem with the pub thing, just the stupid kick off time.
Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:38 - Aug 23 with 4790 viewsBlue_Order

“The date and time that the match takes place is a matter for the local Safety Advisory Group (which the police attend along with numerous other relevant bodies and the event organiser) and there have been no representations made to the SAG for the kick-off to be moved from the now established time of midday on a Sunday.”

Someone needs to get a representation made to the SAG for the kick-off time to be moved from the now established bollox of midday on a Sunday.
Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:41 - Aug 23 with 4765 viewsSitfcB

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:35 - Aug 23 by Blue_Order

Isn’t the point that we have to suffer a midday kick off to limit people’s drinking time? Therefore pubs opening at 6am completely defeats the object.

Yep, exactly this. If we had a 3pm KO and pubs opened at 9am there’s no difference.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:48 - Aug 23 with 4720 viewsGarv

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:30 - Aug 23 by textbackup

Live in Norwich.

They don't shower.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:48 - Aug 23 with 4715 viewsEastTownBlue

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:35 - Aug 23 by Blue_Order

Yep. When our kick offs were first moved to the lunchtime the licensing laws at the time were when the pubs were restricted to 11am opening.

Not sure I see the point of a Sunday match instead of Saturday. Good overtime for the plod to be there before 6am.
Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 4703 viewsPinewoodblue

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:48 - Aug 23 by Garv

Live in Norwich.

They don't shower.

Text backup spoils a good post by getting carried away!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 18:04 - Aug 23 with 4617 viewsfigo72

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:34 - Aug 23 by footers

That's what I don't get! Bizarre.

There may be some Ipswich-based budgies returning from a rave or a week on the trawlers we haven't considered here though.

Maybe the Station pub will do us a massive favour and their getting around the licensing laws will mark the end of the midday ko on a Sunday??

Chopper Hammond

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 18:13 - Aug 23 with 4578 viewsitfcjoe

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:25 - Aug 23 by textbackup

It's more that of they can open it 6 hours before game, why not just let the game kick off at a normal time like 3pm so everyone else can have a normal day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 18:19 - Aug 23 with 4554 viewstextbackup

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 18:13 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

It's more that of they can open it 6 hours before game, why not just let the game kick off at a normal time like 3pm so everyone else can have a normal day

Personally I’d say that if it were a sat at 3pm then it would open up other possibilities, fans travelling in numbers without tiks, ha gong around town centres etc.

Wouldn’t bother me, but I’d guess that’s why.

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 20:56 - Aug 23 with 4234 viewsstonojnr

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:48 - Aug 23 by EastTownBlue

Yep. When our kick offs were first moved to the lunchtime the licensing laws at the time were when the pubs were restricted to 11am opening.

Not sure I see the point of a Sunday match instead of Saturday. Good overtime for the plod to be there before 6am.

Actually they were worse than that,back when we had a kind of Ipswich landlords association all the central town pubs agreed not to open at all for these games on a Sunday, as most of them still followed the open at midday,shut at 3pm reopen at 6pm model they weren't going to be open till 6pm, So i do remember several years post midday kick off nowhere in town was open, though what is now the Dove,was then the Tap & Spile being the only pub in Ipswich open for those games post match only
Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 21:57 - Aug 23 with 4066 viewsArnieM

Not sure why scum should even be given a bloody pub in Ipswich anyway. They certainly don’t reciprocate when we play at their place!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:05 - Aug 24 with 3691 viewshoppy

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 21:57 - Aug 23 by ArnieM

Not sure why scum should even be given a bloody pub in Ipswich anyway. They certainly don’t reciprocate when we play at their place!

So that they can claim to ‘take it’.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:36 - Aug 24 with 3617 viewsPlums

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 21:57 - Aug 23 by ArnieM

I think that’s down to the landlords rather than anyone else.
At least it gives us the moral high ground.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:37 - Aug 24 with 3615 viewsPinewoodblue

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 17:38 - Aug 23 by Blue_Order

“The date and time that the match takes place is a matter for the local Safety Advisory Group (which the police attend along with numerous other relevant bodies and the event organiser) and there have been no representations made to the SAG for the kick-off to be moved from the now established time of midday on a Sunday.”

Someone needs to get a representation made to the SAG for the kick-off time to be moved from the now established bollox of midday on a Sunday.

Contact details for Safety Advisory Group

Events@ipswich.gov.uk

Suppose it is really a contact point for those arranging an event but if Suffolk Police are using a lack of representation as an excuse for games being played Sunday lunchtime perhaps we all need to make representation.

Alternatively the supporters trust might like to do it.

2023 year of destiny

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:54 - Aug 24 with 3556 viewsSteve_M

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:37 - Aug 24 by Pinewoodblue

Contact details for Safety Advisory Group

Events@ipswich.gov.uk

Suppose it is really a contact point for those arranging an event but if Suffolk Police are using a lack of representation as an excuse for games being played Sunday lunchtime perhaps we all need to make representation.

Alternatively the supporters trust might like to do it.

Ah, yes the Supporter's Trust. Have they done anything other than hold one meeting in the last year?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:59 - Aug 24 with 3523 viewsRadlett_blue

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 20:56 - Aug 23 by stonojnr

Actually they were worse than that,back when we had a kind of Ipswich landlords association all the central town pubs agreed not to open at all for these games on a Sunday, as most of them still followed the open at midday,shut at 3pm reopen at 6pm model they weren't going to be open till 6pm, So i do remember several years post midday kick off nowhere in town was open, though what is now the Dove,was then the Tap & Spile being the only pub in Ipswich open for those games post match only

The Brewer's Arms used to open if you came in through the back door.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:03 - Aug 24 with 3505 viewsPinewoodblue

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 08:54 - Aug 24 by Steve_M

Ah, yes the Supporter's Trust. Have they done anything other than hold one meeting in the last year?

Subs paid this month?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 9:04]

2023 year of destiny

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:12 - Aug 24 with 3477 viewsSteve_M

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:03 - Aug 24 by Pinewoodblue

Subs paid this month?

Probably, don't think I ever cancelled the standing order.

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:36 - Aug 24 with 3427 viewsSteve_M

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:03 - Aug 24 by Pinewoodblue

Subs paid this month?

I've just had a look at their Twitter, last tweet May 2017.

https://twitter.com/ITFCtrust

And there is this thread from well over a year ago:
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust by SomethingBlue 27 Mar 2017 9:56
Firstly, this is not intending to criticise anyone — demands on people's time change over the years, for example, and there may be something fundamental I am missing beside that.

I note that the website of Ipswich Town First has not been updated for nearly two years. To me it seems that, at a time when the club faces considerable uncertainty in pretty much every area, the trust should be active or at least looking to revive. I'm not suggesting grand visions of taking the club over or suchlike — nice to dream but at this moment impossible — but more manageable targets such as engagement and holding the club to account in a persistent, coherent way. With most supporters of the same mind about ITFC's ownership and attitude at the moment, and the club in quite serious danger of continued slow decline, I think the trust should be taking the opportunity to focus on the first, third, fourth and fifth of the below points in particular:

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/aims-and-objectives/

This thought partly arises because I spent some time at the weekend with members of the trust at another club that could broadly be described as having similar issues: slow drift away of fanbase, minimal investment, disengaged ownership. The dynamism and vision of these people — who know what a long road they're on — struck me: I wondered whether the same was happening around Town and, if not, why it shouldn't be.

Again, I might be missing something obvious. But is it not time there was something people had the opportunity to unite behind?

I'm sure Joe posted afterwards to say it was very frustrating because certain people were not going to do anything but nor were they going to resign positions of influence.

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:48 - Aug 24 with 3396 viewsitfcjoe

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:36 - Aug 24 by Steve_M

I've just had a look at their Twitter, last tweet May 2017.

https://twitter.com/ITFCtrust

And there is this thread from well over a year ago:
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust by SomethingBlue 27 Mar 2017 9:56
Firstly, this is not intending to criticise anyone — demands on people's time change over the years, for example, and there may be something fundamental I am missing beside that.

I note that the website of Ipswich Town First has not been updated for nearly two years. To me it seems that, at a time when the club faces considerable uncertainty in pretty much every area, the trust should be active or at least looking to revive. I'm not suggesting grand visions of taking the club over or suchlike — nice to dream but at this moment impossible — but more manageable targets such as engagement and holding the club to account in a persistent, coherent way. With most supporters of the same mind about ITFC's ownership and attitude at the moment, and the club in quite serious danger of continued slow decline, I think the trust should be taking the opportunity to focus on the first, third, fourth and fifth of the below points in particular:

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/aims-and-objectives/

This thought partly arises because I spent some time at the weekend with members of the trust at another club that could broadly be described as having similar issues: slow drift away of fanbase, minimal investment, disengaged ownership. The dynamism and vision of these people — who know what a long road they're on — struck me: I wondered whether the same was happening around Town and, if not, why it shouldn't be.

Again, I might be missing something obvious. But is it not time there was something people had the opportunity to unite behind?

I'm sure Joe posted afterwards to say it was very frustrating because certain people were not going to do anything but nor were they going to resign positions of influence.

Without saying too much, I tried to get it moving and inject fresh life but came up against roadblocks at every junction.

My main suggestion was for, in effect, everyone to resign and seek re-election. Some were happy to do this, some weren't and frankly I gave up after seeing it go round in circles and get nowhere so just resigned and left it at that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 10:04 - Aug 24 with 3368 viewsSteve_M

Suffolk Constabulary have responded about the Station Hotel opening at 6am... on 09:48 - Aug 24 by itfcjoe

Without saying too much, I tried to get it moving and inject fresh life but came up against roadblocks at every junction.

My main suggestion was for, in effect, everyone to resign and seek re-election. Some were happy to do this, some weren't and frankly I gave up after seeing it go round in circles and get nowhere so just resigned and left it at that.

Cheers Joe, thought it was something like that.

Can't blame you or anyone else who tried last year but it's frustrating at a time when the club could use that particular voice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024