Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations 14:55 - Sep 10 with 19208 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been sober for 6.5 months now, and as much as I do still like fresh lime and soda water it would be nice to change it up a bit other than coke or lemonade. Particularly at home (so anything goes rather than being limited to what pubs have).

I've been hitting the energy drinks quite hard, which I know is not a good idea. Not especially a fan of tea, although Green Macha is alright. Heineken 0% was ok but not massively keen. Anything else I might've forgotten? Any weird and wonderful mocktails you'd recommend? Anything else I can put in water to liven it up?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:25 - Sep 11 with 1517 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:18 - Sep 11 by _

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:25 - Sep 11 with 1515 viewsgiant_stow

on 14:15 - Sep 11 by _

Just to be a little prick about it, I heard drinking too much water in a short period of time can be damaging too. Didn;t Antony Andrews get very ill off a water habit? I'm off for a google...

Edit: don;t ask me what I had for breakfast, but long term memory's fine: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/actor-tells-of-water-overdose-6352571.html
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:26]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:26 - Sep 11 with 1515 viewsBenters2

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 10:29 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

To be honest mate, I get so many up votes that it's nice to experience what it's like to be you for a bit.

Do you come a little bit every time you get a uppie?
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:26 - Sep 11 with 1509 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:26 - Sep 11 by Benters2

You're so weird.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:28 - Sep 11 with 1503 viewsfooters

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:26 - Sep 11 by Benters2

I nearly did when you gave me an uppie the other day, Benters!

Knew we'd find some shared ground somewhere. Turns out we both hate children.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:28 - Sep 11 with 1501 viewsBenters2

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:26 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

You're so weird.

Pipe down wnk I mean yank I wasn’t asking you.
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:29 - Sep 11 with 1499 viewsBenters2

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 08:03 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Why did 6.5 months make you cringe? It's a well known way of writing "and a half", and much shorter.

Because it’s what a child would say?
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:31 - Sep 11 with 1483 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:28 - Sep 11 by Benters2

Pipe down wnk I mean yank I wasn’t asking you.

Christ, you really are a prick

You accuse Dolly of talking like a child then come out with 'wnk I mean yank'?

Loltastic.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:38 - Sep 11 with 1447 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 14:15 - Sep 11 by _

You're coming across as rather patronising again, although appreciate you're only trying to help.

Please remember I'm almost double your age (I think). I know that caffeine is addictive. I know that energy drinks are bad for you.

But we were talking about as bad as alcohol (long term as well as after a 12 can bender). Alcohol addiction and all it's associated problems (which we all know so I won't patronise you by listing) is far worse than energy drink addiction. It just is.

Please remember I'm not just talking physically here.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:40 - Sep 11 with 1442 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:16 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Oh I agree, I was just making light of how I can see this thread progressing over the next hundred pages.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:16]

I made a simple quest for recommendations. I can't see how this thread can possibly descend into arguments.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:41 - Sep 11 with 1434 viewsgiant_stow

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:38 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

You're coming across as rather patronising again, although appreciate you're only trying to help.

Please remember I'm almost double your age (I think). I know that caffeine is addictive. I know that energy drinks are bad for you.

But we were talking about as bad as alcohol (long term as well as after a 12 can bender). Alcohol addiction and all it's associated problems (which we all know so I won't patronise you by listing) is far worse than energy drink addiction. It just is.

just don't drink 12 cans of water fella.

Edit: until someone pats me on the head for my oh so interesting contribution to this thread, I'll carry on mentioning it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:42]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:42 - Sep 11 with 1432 viewsfooters

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:40 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

I made a simple quest for recommendations. I can't see how this thread can possibly descend into arguments.

Yet here we are.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:42 - Sep 11 with 1431 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:29 - Sep 11 by Benters2

Because it’s what a child would say?

It's not remotely what a child would say. If you're not going to add anything to the thread, please leave.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 1422 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:41 - Sep 11 by giant_stow

just don't drink 12 cans of water fella.

Edit: until someone pats me on the head for my oh so interesting contribution to this thread, I'll carry on mentioning it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:42]

I won't be drinking 12 cans of ANYTHING on one day. I wouldn't have the time!

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 1418 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:42 - Sep 11 by footers

Yet here we are.

This isn't an argument.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 1417 viewsfooters

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:44 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

This isn't an argument.

Yes it is.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:45 - Sep 11 with 1413 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:40 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Oh you gon' learn today!

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:45 - Sep 11 with 1413 viewsgiant_stow

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:44 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

I won't be drinking 12 cans of ANYTHING on one day. I wouldn't have the time!

very wise

(i'll take that)

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:46 - Sep 11 with 1409 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:45 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Oh you gon' learn today!

My tongue was placed firmly in my cheek when I posted that.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:47 - Sep 11 with 1407 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:44 - Sep 11 by footers

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

on 14:47 - Sep 11 with 1406 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:38 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:54 - Sep 11 with 1384 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 14:47 - Sep 11 by _

Maths was never my strong point.

I know from my own exhaustive studies that alcohol is much worse - for me at least - mentally.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:59 - Sep 11 with 1375 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:47 - Sep 11 by _

In twenty years I think we will look at energy drinks the way we look at microwaves today. Once they were a charming and efficient way to bring down the cooking time of a jacket potato. Now most of us see them for the teste shrinking brain destroyers we know them to be.

on 14:59 - Sep 11 with 1375 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:54 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Maths was never my strong point.

I know from my own exhaustive studies that alcohol is much worse - for me at least - mentally.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:01 - Sep 11 with 1370 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:59 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

In twenty years I think we will look at energy drinks the way we look at microwaves today. Once they were a charming and efficient way to bring down the cooking time of a jacket potato. Now most of us see them for the teste shrinking brain destroyers we know them to be.

I thought we'd moved back to modern microwaves being fine and safe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024