Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations 14:55 - Sep 10 with 19193 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been sober for 6.5 months now, and as much as I do still like fresh lime and soda water it would be nice to change it up a bit other than coke or lemonade. Particularly at home (so anything goes rather than being limited to what pubs have).

I've been hitting the energy drinks quite hard, which I know is not a good idea. Not especially a fan of tea, although Green Macha is alright. Heineken 0% was ok but not massively keen. Anything else I might've forgotten? Any weird and wonderful mocktails you'd recommend? Anything else I can put in water to liven it up?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 22:10 - Sep 10 with 3289 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:53 - Sep 10 by catch74

Seedlip is a good option but as already stated costs - about the same as a decent gin!
If you’re asking for at home I reckon it’d be easy to make your own version to add with tonic. Boil down some flavours - juniper, coriander seeds etc, whatever you fancy, must be some recipes online.
I’ve done 3 months this year no alcohol, which as a landlord takes some grit!
I’m not really into drinking no alcohol beers but Bud Prohibition sells well here and as already mentioned Nanny State and Becks Blue are good options.
I reckon just pimp your fresh lime and soda with a dash of elderflower cordial.
The other option is a gunners (someone’s already mentioned angostura bitters - actually alcoholic but only need a dash:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunner_(cocktail)

I've tried a bit of elderflower cordial in my lime and soda. It was alright but nothing to write home about.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 23:13 - Sep 10 with 3258 viewsMVBlue

The Aussies do Lemon Lime bitters as a good alternative.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 04:47 - Sep 11 with 3223 viewsBenters2

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 17:48 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

Newcastle.

Budweiser for lager.

Pepsi Max for soft drinks

Twinings everyday for tea.

That went down well..
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 04:54 - Sep 11 with 3224 viewsBenters2

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:26 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

Thanks all for your very interesting replies (not you Benters).

Lots of stuff for me to try! Apologies to those I didn't reply to but all noted.

Your use of the term 6.5 months made me cringe.

Just watching Sky news we are all drinking too much anyway, and we should ALL have atleast two days a week off the bottle.

That will please some of my drinking friends,they head for the pub everyday!
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 05:07 - Sep 11 with 3219 viewsBenters2

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:16 - Sep 10 by textbackup

Asking for advice on what to drink... is this worth reading the replies?

It will be what colour socks shall i wear today?
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 08:03 - Sep 11 with 3183 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 04:54 - Sep 11 by Benters2

Your use of the term 6.5 months made me cringe.

Just watching Sky news we are all drinking too much anyway, and we should ALL have atleast two days a week off the bottle.

That will please some of my drinking friends,they head for the pub everyday!

Why did 6.5 months make you cringe? It's a well known way of writing "and a half", and much shorter.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 10:27 - Sep 11 with 3153 viewsNo9

Sainsburys own brand, Czech lager in 500ml bottles is excellent
I've given it to ale & lager drinkers who admit it is difficult to distinguish from real lager- try it
only a quid a bottle
Becks blue is also very good
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 10:29 - Sep 11 with 3153 viewsJ2BLUE

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 04:47 - Sep 11 by Benters2

That went down well..

To be honest mate, I get so many up votes that it's nice to experience what it's like to be you for a bit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 11:48 - Sep 11 with 3132 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 10:27 - Sep 11 by No9

Sainsburys own brand, Czech lager in 500ml bottles is excellent
I've given it to ale & lager drinkers who admit it is difficult to distinguish from real lager- try it
only a quid a bottle
Becks blue is also very good

Yes Adrian Chiles gave the Sainsbury's Czech one 5/5 in the review linked earlier.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 11:49 - Sep 11 with 3131 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 10:29 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

To be honest mate, I get so many up votes that it's nice to experience what it's like to be you for a bit.

Ha.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 12:46 - Sep 11 with 3115 viewsconnorscontract

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:02 - Sep 10 by DanTheMan

Agreed. Could do with some alternatives.

Kind of hoping one of the supermarkets brings out their own brand, that usually kicks off a price war.

Just buy a range of Bottle Green or Belvoir's (pre-mixed or cordials) and experiment with mixing them up!
on 13:51 - Sep 11 with 3081 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:39 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

They're not great but to say they're not any better than moderate to heavy alcohol consumption is not right. Hangovers? Anxiety? Nausea? Impaired judgement? Liver damage? The list goes on for why alcohol's much worse.

But you're right, I should lay off the caffeine.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 13:55 - Sep 11 with 3073 viewsElephantintheRoom

You can drink alcohol and be sober. Just don't drink too much.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 13:55 - Sep 11 with 3069 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:51 - Sep 11 by _

Poison!? Come now. I know you're trying to prod the Dollybear here, but you've gone in too hard man! You need to be subtler in your baiting! You should have gone with 'toxic' or 'damaging' in my humble opinion, built up to dropping the 'P' bomb in a few posts time.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 13:55 - Sep 11 with 3069 viewsfooters

Indeed. The taurine and other nonsense they put in there is nasty stuff. Glad they're banning it for kids. Turns my stomach to see people drinking it in the morning!

By then I'm already on the third Kestrel Super.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 14:02 - Sep 11 with 3059 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 13:55 - Sep 11 by footers

Indeed. The taurine and other nonsense they put in there is nasty stuff. Glad they're banning it for kids. Turns my stomach to see people drinking it in the morning!

By then I'm already on the third Kestrel Super.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:04 - Sep 11 with 3051 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:02 - Sep 11 by _

12 cans in one day? I mean, whhhhhhhhhhy?!?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:04 - Sep 11 with 3048 viewsfooters

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:04 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

GET AMPED

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:06 - Sep 11 with 3042 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm not being naive, I know exactly what they're about and I think he's over-egging it somewhat by saying they're the same as alcohol, for the reasons I've given.

on 14:07 - Sep 11 with 3035 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:04 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:08 - Sep 11 with 3029 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 13:55 - Sep 11 by ElephantintheRoom

You can drink alcohol and be sober. Just don't drink too much.

Technically, I guess. But I think you're rather missing the point.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:11 - Sep 11 with 3018 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 14:02 - Sep 11 by _

12 cans of ANYTHING in one day is liable to put you in a bad way. Most people don't drink 12 cans of energy drink in one day, and when I said I drink too much I didn't mean anything like that!

on 14:15 - Sep 11 with 3003 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:11 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

12 cans of ANYTHING in one day is liable to put you in a bad way. Most people don't drink 12 cans of energy drink in one day, and when I said I drink too much I didn't mean anything like that!

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:16 - Sep 11 with 3002 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:07 - Sep 11 by _

Oh I agree, I was just making light of how I can see this thread progressing over the next hundred pages.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:16]

on 14:18 - Sep 11 with 2993 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:16 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Oh I agree, I was just making light of how I can see this thread progressing over the next hundred pages.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024