Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations 14:55 - Sep 10 with 19209 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been sober for 6.5 months now, and as much as I do still like fresh lime and soda water it would be nice to change it up a bit other than coke or lemonade. Particularly at home (so anything goes rather than being limited to what pubs have).

I've been hitting the energy drinks quite hard, which I know is not a good idea. Not especially a fan of tea, although Green Macha is alright. Heineken 0% was ok but not massively keen. Anything else I might've forgotten? Any weird and wonderful mocktails you'd recommend? Anything else I can put in water to liven it up?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:29 - Sep 10 with 3020 viewsjeera

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:27 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

Not seen those.

Oh they come in sorts of forms now.

They used to be just little squares of cardboard that had you off your face for up to 12 hours at a time.

You wouldn't want a handful of those.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:32 - Sep 10 with 3023 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:27 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

Not seen those.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/fruit-infuser-water-bottle-700ml/390-8645.prd?sourc

This kind of thing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:32 - Sep 10 with 3016 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:32 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

https://www.tesco.com/direct/fruit-infuser-water-bottle-700ml/390-8645.prd?sourc

This kind of thing.

You could probably even stick a hand full of Haribo, or Skittles in there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:34 - Sep 10 with 3012 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:57 - Sep 10 by connorscontract

I adore this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VAHDAM-Turmeric-Original-Anti-OXIDANTS-NUTRIENTS/dp/B07

It's coming up as a Prime Early Access Deal for me at £10.75, so if you don't have Prime it should be at that price for you within an hour.

I can get two good mugs out of one and a half teaspoons in a pot, and then refill the pot and get two more which have a lessened ginger taste with no real turmeric taste , but which I still like a lot.

Caffeine, sugar and fat free, and Turmeric is reportedly anti-carcinogenic and ginger speeds up the metabolism.

Sounds nice that one!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:36 - Sep 10 with 3008 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 16:13 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

Rio Light

Do you like coffee? Beanies do 'flavoured instant coffee' for 2 calories a cup. I have ordered some samples to try. You can get 10 different samples for about £3.50 on ebay if that's your thing.

I'm not much of a coffee man to be honest, but I'm not against it.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:39 - Sep 10 with 2998 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:06 - Sep 10 by Cotty

In my estimation, energy drinks are not any better for you than moderate to heavy alcohol consumption, definitely lay off them if you can!

They're not great but to say they're not any better than moderate to heavy alcohol consumption is not right. Hangovers? Anxiety? Nausea? Impaired judgement? Liver damage? The list goes on for why alcohol's much worse.

But you're right, I should lay off the caffeine.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:40 - Sep 10 with 2996 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 17:23 - Sep 10 by lowhouseblue

tonic water with a few drops of bitters. ice, slice of lemon, tastes like a grown up drink.

the low alcohol ghost ship is a class above other low alcohol beer. tastes like beer.

What's bitters?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 2991 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:40 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

What's bitters?

Login to get fewer ads

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:51 - Sep 10 with 2977 viewsFunge

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:43 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Peynauds pretty decent too.
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:54 - Sep 10 with 2975 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 18:25 - Sep 10 by brogansnose

Here Dolly,

this is quite interesting. Personnally, I only really drink these days on football related occaisions and I quite like getting pissed.

I blame Evans.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/sep/09/adrian-chiles-top-10-alcohol-free-b

Excellent article, thanks.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:56 - Sep 10 with 2972 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:32 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

This kind of thing.

Very interesting, cheers.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:05 - Sep 10 with 2963 viewsJ2BLUE

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:22 - Sep 10 by jeera

Skimmed is pretty much water though isn't it?

I'm all about the semi - can't stomach the other stuff.

Except when making paneer. Obviously that has to be full fat but that's different.

Well, obviously!

...*goes off to google paneer*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:07 - Sep 10 with 2962 viewsJ2BLUE

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:23 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Jesus man. Just when I think my contempt for you can not possible be any greater you find new and creative ways to raise the bar.

Tea should be strong, unsweetened and with very little milk.

Truly impaired.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:24 - Sep 10 with 2949 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 17:34 - Sep 10 by jeera

I don't 'get' non-alcoholic beers and wines but that's me.

Do you like regular fruit juices? mean, we're spoilt nowadays with orange and pineapples and mangoes and a billion others we'd not even heard of just a few years ago.

Well done on the 6 months though.

You feeling good for it? Missed it much? Clearly not enough to sway from your goal.

Still writing the blog/book?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 17:34]

Not missed it that much. Sometimes. Like work parties. And the simple pleasure of sitting outside a pub on a scorching summer's day with an ice cold pint.

Haven't noticed much change physically. My belly's gone down a bit. And a mate I hadn't seen in a while said my skin looks better, which is nice. The real gains have been mentally.

Still writing the book. Coming along nicely. TWTD even gets a mention or two

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:26 - Sep 10 with 2942 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thanks all for your very interesting replies (not you Benters).

Lots of stuff for me to try! Apologies to those I didn't reply to but all noted.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:27 - Sep 10 with 2942 viewsJ2BLUE

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:36 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not much of a coffee man to be honest, but I'm not against it.

Just tried two of them. Bloody awful. Not sure what I was expecting really.

Truly impaired.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:42 - Sep 10 with 2925 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:26 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

Thanks all for your very interesting replies (not you Benters).

Lots of stuff for me to try! Apologies to those I didn't reply to but all noted.

Well, maybe one day he'll be of use to somebody. Let's not give up on him just yet.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 2916 viewslowhouseblue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:43 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

yep literally one or two drops - you then get the range of flavours. more and all you get is the bitterness.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 2906 viewsclive_baker

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:05 - Sep 10 by giant_stow

Don't know if you've tried this, but its becoming very popular - my mum swears by it (arf):

https://www.seedlipdrinks.com/

Pretty website too.

I’ve tried Seedlip and it was nice in that it tasted like an alcoholic spirit. What I can’t let them get away with however is that price point. £28 a bottle is ludicrous, particularly when you consider there’s £10.50 tax on a standard 70cl 37.5% ABV bottle of gin, which this product obviously wouldn’t attract being non alcoholic. So they’ve price aligned it with a premium gin and must be pocketing a ludicrous margin.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:02 - Sep 10 with 2901 viewsDanTheMan

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:00 - Sep 10 by clive_baker

I’ve tried Seedlip and it was nice in that it tasted like an alcoholic spirit. What I can’t let them get away with however is that price point. £28 a bottle is ludicrous, particularly when you consider there’s £10.50 tax on a standard 70cl 37.5% ABV bottle of gin, which this product obviously wouldn’t attract being non alcoholic. So they’ve price aligned it with a premium gin and must be pocketing a ludicrous margin.

Agreed. Could do with some alternatives.

Kind of hoping one of the supermarkets brings out their own brand, that usually kicks off a price war.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:16 - Sep 10 with 2884 viewstextbackup

Asking for advice on what to drink... is this worth reading the replies?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:24 - Sep 10 with 2872 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:16 - Sep 10 by textbackup

Asking for advice on what to drink... is this worth reading the replies?

Depends if you're looking for non-alcoholic drink recommendations. The clue's are all there in the title.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:34 - Sep 10 with 2863 viewspeterleeblue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 16:23 - Sep 10 by WD19

Becks Blue. Half a notch better than Heineken 0%, but probably not enough for you to love it.

Green Tea is very different to tea and comes in a million flavours. Tesco Blueberry & Raspberry was great - so they discontinued it. Tetley green tea berry burst. PG tips even do a strawberry cupcake flavour!

TBF that Heineken 0 % is actually OK for a couple if driving and might even be better calorie wise than a Coke.
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:40 - Sep 10 with 2860 viewsfooters

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:18 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

Skimmed or GTFO

Jesus. The state of some of these replies...

If you want to drink milk, drink full fat. End of. If you want semi-skimmed, mix proper milk half and half with water- it's what my nanny and grandad used to do.

If you drink fully skimmed milk kys.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 21:53 - Sep 10 with 2849 viewscatch74

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 19:29 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

I got bought the garden one as a work leaving present! Not actually tried it yet. Sounds quite odd - says it's ideal with a handful of peas in it!

Seedlip is a good option but as already stated costs - about the same as a decent gin!
If you’re asking for at home I reckon it’d be easy to make your own version to add with tonic. Boil down some flavours - juniper, coriander seeds etc, whatever you fancy, must be some recipes online.
I’ve done 3 months this year no alcohol, which as a landlord takes some grit!
I’m not really into drinking no alcohol beers but Bud Prohibition sells well here and as already mentioned Nanny State and Becks Blue are good options.
I reckon just pimp your fresh lime and soda with a dash of elderflower cordial.
The other option is a gunners (someone’s already mentioned angostura bitters - actually alcoholic but only need a dash:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunner_(cocktail)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024