Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I allowed to be worried yet? 16:51 - Sep 15 with 7594 viewsDanTheMan

Or do we all still have to wait 10 games?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:07 - Sep 15 with 1622 viewsSpruceMoose

Fook it. A binge on Bojack Horseman will make me feel marginally better.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:08 - Sep 15 with 1612 viewsHennikerBlu

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:01 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

I asked this in the chat room but, as disappointing as the result is, is anyone remotely surprised?

Whilst on paper Hull have some descent players, like Norwich they have had to sell and lower their payroll dramatically, After the Norwich game, yes I did expect us to at least compete and threaten, but one shot against a side low on confidence is poor regardless of the result.
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:08 - Sep 15 with 1612 viewsLankHenners

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 16:57 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

The fact that Hurst doesn't appear to have a settled 11 in mind is very worrying.

At an early look it seems as though he wasn't expecting the step up to this division to be this big and he's blinked quickly now we've started badly. In any situation chopping the team (a team almost entirely made up of players who haven't played together before at that) about so much isn't going to help us in the short or long term.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:09 - Sep 15 with 1599 viewsSpruceMoose

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:08 - Sep 15 by LankHenners

At an early look it seems as though he wasn't expecting the step up to this division to be this big and he's blinked quickly now we've started badly. In any situation chopping the team (a team almost entirely made up of players who haven't played together before at that) about so much isn't going to help us in the short or long term.

Never mind the question of if the fans are panicking, is Hurst panicking?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:10 - Sep 15 with 1596 viewskozmik

we are going down!

Supporter since 1965

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:11 - Sep 15 with 1588 viewsLankHenners

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:09 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

Never mind the question of if the fans are panicking, is Hurst panicking?

Can we go as far to say that? I'm not convinced he's as calm and comfortable as he comes across when he speaks, that's for sure.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:12 - Sep 15 with 1578 viewsportmanking

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:04 - Sep 15 by Reuser_is_God

No I’m worried too.

Today was poor by all accounts & I didn’t like the line up.

Needs to be something of a settled team now & get some bloody wins.

Hurst arrogantly thought he could rip up the Championship rule book and do it his way. Turns out he underestimated the value of experience and know-how and is now caught between a rock and a hard place. Naive.
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:14 - Sep 15 with 1551 viewsBloomBlue

What's wrong with relegation if it did happen ?
Login to get fewer ads

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:14 - Sep 15 with 1548 viewsnoggin

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:12 - Sep 15 by portmanking

Hurst arrogantly thought he could rip up the Championship rule book and do it his way. Turns out he underestimated the value of experience and know-how and is now caught between a rock and a hard place. Naive.

Which bit of 'The Championship Rule Book'?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:15 - Sep 15 with 1539 viewsBinner

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 16:57 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

The fact that Hurst doesn't appear to have a settled 11 in mind is very worrying.

Do you mean "settled 11 in mind" or do you mean "clue"?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:17 - Sep 15 with 1508 viewsSpruceMoose

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:14 - Sep 15 by BloomBlue

Everyday I'm more convinced you're dullard Budgie.

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:23 - Sep 15 with 1451 viewsJ2BLUE

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:14 - Sep 15 by BloomBlue

It's sort of the opposite of what every team is hoping for at the start of the season...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:23 - Sep 15 with 1450 viewsCurrie10

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 16:58 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

I think Hurst has made several mistakes with the line up today.

TODAY?

6 changes v Norwich.

Etc etc etc.
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:31 - Sep 15 with 1386 viewseireblue

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 16:55 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

I'm officially gravely concerned. For reference, that's SpruceCon 2.

Crikey. SpruceCon 2.

Do you have enough Baileys in?
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:38 - Sep 15 with 1351 viewsCurrie10

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:23 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

It's sort of the opposite of what every team is hoping for at the start of the season...

Agreed. Mad statement that!

Would you like a double relegation while you're at it haha!
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:39 - Sep 15 with 1347 viewsSpruceMoose

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:31 - Sep 15 by eireblue

Crikey. SpruceCon 2.

Do you have enough Baileys in?

Under SpruceCon 2 Bailey's is upgraded to Archer's.

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:44 - Sep 15 with 1322 viewsBueller

I would like to think after playing some good football, coming off a break and playing a team who lost their last 4 home games we could have got a result.

Really disappointed to be honest and struggle to see where the win comes from looking at the games in the next few weeks. I look at the teams in and around the bottom and you can see them pushing on, us I do not.
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:46 - Sep 15 with 1308 viewsGlasgowBlue

we should have been worried the minute Evans sold Webster, Garner and Waghorn. You simply can’t take that sort of experience out of the team then replace them with lower league players and expect to compete.

A weeler dealer manager like Mick would have replaced those three with gems at low cost and we would have carried on as before.

However, a majority of fans made it perfectly clear that we didn’t want to carry in as before. That, as good a job as Mick had done, the team and the club were becoming stale. It was time for a change.

I, like a lot of fans, wanted to go for a younger manager from the Lowe leagues. Somebody who saw aipswich as a step up, not an old hand who saw is as a step down.

Now that as obviously comes at a risk. “Be careful what you wish for”. But I still believe it was a risk with taking and although we are all right to be concerned we must make knee jerk reactions. There’s a lot of football to be played between now and next May.

But if we are in the same position at Christmas then PH is going to have to compromise, put the long term project on hold for a few months, and get in some short term options so as to avoid relegation.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:48 - Sep 15 with 1304 viewssparks

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:46 - Sep 15 by GlasgowBlue

we should have been worried the minute Evans sold Webster, Garner and Waghorn. You simply can’t take that sort of experience out of the team then replace them with lower league players and expect to compete.

A weeler dealer manager like Mick would have replaced those three with gems at low cost and we would have carried on as before.

However, a majority of fans made it perfectly clear that we didn’t want to carry in as before. That, as good a job as Mick had done, the team and the club were becoming stale. It was time for a change.

I, like a lot of fans, wanted to go for a younger manager from the Lowe leagues. Somebody who saw aipswich as a step up, not an old hand who saw is as a step down.

Now that as obviously comes at a risk. “Be careful what you wish for”. But I still believe it was a risk with taking and although we are all right to be concerned we must make knee jerk reactions. There’s a lot of football to be played between now and next May.

But if we are in the same position at Christmas then PH is going to have to compromise, put the long term project on hold for a few months, and get in some short term options so as to avoid relegation.

Dont agree. What has happened is the moaners started too early, have caused PH to blink too soon, and for the players to start playing like they are under pressure.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:50 - Sep 15 with 1288 viewsGlasgowBlue

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:48 - Sep 15 by sparks

Dont agree. What has happened is the moaners started too early, have caused PH to blink too soon, and for the players to start playing like they are under pressure.

Just seen your thread Bully. That’s concerning if he’s chucked the plan out of the window so soon. You hadn’t looked at today’s starting line up as I’ve been a bit busy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:51 - Sep 15 with 1279 viewsJ2BLUE

If Hurst has been rattled by the fans at this stage then he isn't the manager I thought he might be.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:51 - Sep 15 with 1278 viewssparks

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:50 - Sep 15 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen your thread Bully. That’s concerning if he’s chucked the plan out of the window so soon. You hadn’t looked at today’s starting line up as I’ve been a bit busy.

Its a complete change in players and approach imo.

Edun has been excellent- but not a sniff today. Instead we were largely lumping it towards Walters.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:54 - Sep 15 with 1265 viewsbrogansnose

The thing is bully is that no one at games have been booing or not right behind the team which is in stark contrast from last season. People posting comments or making threads on here is really not indicative of whats happening at games. It seems, after today, that Hurst himself is wobbling about the need to get points on the board.
Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:55 - Sep 15 with 1255 viewssparks

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:54 - Sep 15 by brogansnose

The thing is bully is that no one at games have been booing or not right behind the team which is in stark contrast from last season. People posting comments or making threads on here is really not indicative of whats happening at games. It seems, after today, that Hurst himself is wobbling about the need to get points on the board.

I think he is- yes.

Notable that Chambers has just said that their strategy today was to spin it in behind and get them turned round. Percentage football- not the stuff we were playing pre norwich

Am I allowed to be worried yet? on 17:57 - Sep 15 with 1245 viewsBenters2

Ive read some crap in my time on here but that is rubbish
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024