Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I voted remain 22:18 - Sep 20 with 18998 viewsclive_baker

But now I’m getting to the point where I think feck them all. Macron’s annoyed me. Crash out with no deal and pick up the pieces after I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I voted remain on 14:44 - Sep 21 with 1772 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 14:39 - Sep 21 by J2BLUE

Remember when you were a scum supporting remainer?

You've come a long way.

Arf.

I'm still a remainer and would love another vote, but it would be nice if our 'friends' were friendly. That doesn't mean giving us everything we want and I get they have to protect their own interests - just act in good faith please.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I voted remain on 14:45 - Sep 21 with 1763 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 14:38 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

Quite few tweets saying the exact opposite - The New Statesman for instance. I can see how it would play well to supporters, it's certainly uncompromising.

What are your thoughts on the actual content?

SB

I think she was left with little choice after the EU failed to even consider Chequers as having any merit.

It's all well and good the EU saying they won't compromise but can they afford not to with the second largest net contributor to their budget leaving in a few months.

May has pretty much put forward a proposal that is the softest of soft Brexit's. To not even acknowledge that and to say "no no no" with their fingers in their ears is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

People may say that it is us who are leaving so why should the EU compromise. Fine, then it's no deal, no security co-operation, no settlement.

As I said earlier, she should have the balls to say any negotiations are off and you can forget about the divorce settlement.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I voted remain on 14:46 - Sep 21 with 1760 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:44 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

Arf.

I'm still a remainer and would love another vote, but it would be nice if our 'friends' were friendly. That doesn't mean giving us everything we want and I get they have to protect their own interests - just act in good faith please.

We are in the 'hate each other's guts' stage of the divorce.

In a few years we will be in the 'grit our teeth and just, for the love of God, get along' stage - for the sake of Ireland.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I voted remain on 14:47 - Sep 21 with 1753 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 14:40 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

Why would they want to act in our best interests. Out means out right? They may have been taking the p!ss. We deserved it.

Because we are the second largest of only three net contributing members. No deal means no settlement. No settlement means the EU is insolvent.

The Uk out of the EU is also the EU's largest export market. They have as much to lose as we do. A deal is in both parties interests. But we will only get a dewal if we are serious about walking away. So far the EU has thought we were bluffing.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 14:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I voted remain on 14:48 - Sep 21 with 1747 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 14:46 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

We are in the 'hate each other's guts' stage of the divorce.

In a few years we will be in the 'grit our teeth and just, for the love of God, get along' stage - for the sake of Ireland.

chuckle - played.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I voted remain on 14:49 - Sep 21 with 1742 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:47 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

Because we are the second largest of only three net contributing members. No deal means no settlement. No settlement means the EU is insolvent.

The Uk out of the EU is also the EU's largest export market. They have as much to lose as we do. A deal is in both parties interests. But we will only get a dewal if we are serious about walking away. So far the EU has thought we were bluffing.

Sounds like not leaving is probably in both party's interests too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I voted remain on 14:49 - Sep 21 with 1743 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 14:37 - Sep 21 by WeWereZombies

So it's all about the Tory party, their internal divisions and leadership struggle and damn the rest of us. Unconscionable.

It has only *ever* been about the Tory Party.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I voted remain on 14:49 - Sep 21 with 1733 viewsNo9

I voted remain on 14:11 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

Well she's just stuck the boot in and blamed the EU.

Seemed pretty much like a no deal brexit speech to me, telling people to get used to that idea and blaming the EU entirely for not negotiating.

That's going to increase calls for a no-deal vs remain vote hugely. She's basically told the EU to sod off.

SB

Edit: Just seen Tusk's tweets. What a tool, unhelpful and unprofessional for someone in his position - very Trumpian.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 14:14]

She's as daft as a brush- she has been told by numerous MP's etc. the Chequers deal is a not starter, even had cabinet members resign over it but she still takes the piss out of the EU by asking thme to accpet something that won't fly in Westminster = only an idiot would do that.

First she )or someone else) has to get somethign that will get a positive vote in Westminster. Then it has to be presented to the EU winthin the rules 27 have signed up to

& it ust be remembered the UK is leaving NOT being kicked out?????
Login to get fewer ads

I voted remain on 15:13 - Sep 21 with 1706 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 12:50 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

So we have gone from "nothing has happened to move the UK away from EU control" to "lets see what happens"

That's not a contradictory stance or a diluting of opinion in any way. "Nothing has happened" is present perfect, or in layman's terms the past until the present, while "let's see what happens" refers to the future.

What's your point, caller?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I voted remain on 15:25 - Sep 21 with 1689 viewsDarth_Koont

I voted remain on 14:47 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

"They have as much to lose as we do."

Still trotting out that false equivalence?

Any government that walks away completely will be skewered in the next election, which may end up being within a year. Our government knows it and so does the EU.

Pronouns: He/Him

I voted remain on 15:32 - Sep 21 with 1679 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 14:45 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

I think she was left with little choice after the EU failed to even consider Chequers as having any merit.

It's all well and good the EU saying they won't compromise but can they afford not to with the second largest net contributor to their budget leaving in a few months.

May has pretty much put forward a proposal that is the softest of soft Brexit's. To not even acknowledge that and to say "no no no" with their fingers in their ears is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

People may say that it is us who are leaving so why should the EU compromise. Fine, then it's no deal, no security co-operation, no settlement.

As I said earlier, she should have the balls to say any negotiations are off and you can forget about the divorce settlement.

"People may say that it is us who are leaving so why should the EU compromise. Fine, then it's no deal, no security co-operation, no settlement. "

Don't you worry, the security co-operation is well worked out. We're on course for full EU army-cum-NATO protection.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 15:41]

#toxic

I voted remain on 15:47 - Sep 21 with 1664 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 14:44 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

Arf.

Self-important and self loathing footnote: I see Rees-Mogg has just stolen my good faith line. ouch

I voted remain on 15:52 - Sep 21 with 1655 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 15:13 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

That's not a contradictory stance or a diluting of opinion in any way. "Nothing has happened" is present perfect, or in layman's terms the past until the present, while "let's see what happens" refers to the future.

What's your point, caller?

Nothing has happened, apart from we have invoked Article 50 which you believe counts as nothing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I voted remain on 15:57 - Sep 21 with 1642 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 15:32 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

"People may say that it is us who are leaving so why should the EU compromise. Fine, then it's no deal, no security co-operation, no settlement. "

Don't you worry, the security co-operation is well worked out. We're on course for full EU army-cum-NATO protection.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 15:41]

What's wrong with a full EU army or NATO protection?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I voted remain on 15:59 - Sep 21 with 1637 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 15:57 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

SB

Never mind that, when did we *not* have EU or NATO protection?

I voted remain on 17:00 - Sep 21 with 1580 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 15:57 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

SB

If I remember rightly, there were promises and assurances than at EU army would never happen:

take your pick:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/673463/Britain-forced-EU-ARMY-leave-Armed-F
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3612257/Plans-EU-army-kept-SECRET-Briti
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/27/is-there-a-secret-plan-to-creat

#toxic

I voted remain on 17:16 - Sep 21 with 1566 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 15:59 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

Never mind that, when did we *not* have EU or NATO protection?

"full EU army-cum-NATO protection" means we become a protectorate rather than an independent sovereign state - especially as our own military has been depleted consistently over the last 15 years to the point of being totally useless and therefore necessitating the help of foreign forces.

It's not really in line with the ideals of Brexit and greater independence, is it?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 17:17]

#toxic

I voted remain on 17:24 - Sep 21 with 1555 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 17:00 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

If I remember rightly, there were promises and assurances than at EU army would never happen:

take your pick:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/673463/Britain-forced-EU-ARMY-leave-Armed-F
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3612257/Plans-EU-army-kept-SECRET-Briti
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/27/is-there-a-secret-plan-to-creat

That's not what I asked.

I asked you what was wrong with an EU army or NATO defence pacts - you seem to have an issue with them, it would be interesting to know why.

SB

I voted remain on 17:26 - Sep 21 with 1551 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 17:16 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

"full EU army-cum-NATO protection" means we become a protectorate rather than an independent sovereign state - especially as our own military has been depleted consistently over the last 15 years to the point of being totally useless and therefore necessitating the help of foreign forces.

It's not really in line with the ideals of Brexit and greater independence, is it?

You can disregard my other post - you've answered it here.

So the easy response to that is that we have always been a protectorate of the US as has all of Western Europe. Conventionally we haven't been up there for ages, it's only technological advancement and nukes that keep us near the top.

Are you suggesting the UK army should be a match for a joint EU army?

SB

I voted remain on 17:26 - Sep 21 with 1551 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 17:16 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

We havent been an independent sovereign state for years and years and we wont be after Brexit either whatever form it takes. This is not news. If you are saying our current armed forces policy is mad then I agree, it's one of many mad things our country does. I rather suspect you and I agree on many more things than you might think.

I voted remain on 17:35 - Sep 21 with 1538 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 17:24 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

That's not what I asked.

I asked you what was wrong with an EU army or NATO defence pacts - you seem to have an issue with them, it would be interesting to know why.

SB

You've gone from:

"What's wrong with a full EU army or NATO protection? " to "what's wrong with an EU army or NATO defence pacts".

Full protection means we're nothing more than a protectorate of the US or a United States of Europe.

I like the rather romantic idea of Parliament deciding on foreign military intervention rather than an unelected EU government, or Trump/Obama/Clinton deciding on our behalf.

Yeah, I know I'm crazy.

#toxic

I voted remain on 17:38 - Sep 21 with 1532 viewsNo9

I voted remain on 17:26 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

You can disregard my other post - you've answered it here.

So the easy response to that is that we have always been a protectorate of the US as has all of Western Europe. Conventionally we haven't been up there for ages, it's only technological advancement and nukes that keep us near the top.

Are you suggesting the UK army should be a match for a joint EU army?

SB

But with attitude in the USA being what it is would it not be sensible for the EU to have it's own military forces supported by a NATO not necesssarily at Trumps beck & call?
Not easy I understand but it isn't worth relying on him and his mood dependencies is it?
I voted remain on 17:44 - Sep 21 with 1526 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 17:26 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

We havent been an independent sovereign state for years and years and we wont be after Brexit either whatever form it takes. This is not news. If you are saying our current armed forces policy is mad then I agree, it's one of many mad things our country does. I rather suspect you and I agree on many more things than you might think.

" I rather suspect you and I agree on many more things than you might think."

If you ever bother to look at who gives you upvotes the truth is more likely to be: I rather suspect you and I agree on many more things than YOU might think.

I'm made out to be some sort of bizarre, anti-Western freak on here. A lot of people have bought into that and don't actually read what I write.

#toxic

I voted remain on 17:55 - Sep 21 with 1517 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 17:35 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

You've gone from:

"What's wrong with a full EU army or NATO protection? " to "what's wrong with an EU army or NATO defence pacts".

Full protection means we're nothing more than a protectorate of the US or a United States of Europe.

I like the rather romantic idea of Parliament deciding on foreign military intervention rather than an unelected EU government, or Trump/Obama/Clinton deciding on our behalf.

Yeah, I know I'm crazy.

Many apologies for not going back and using the exact same words.

However they are essentially the same thing, you are just looking for an out.

For instance, what is the functional difference between "NATO protection" and "NATO defence pacts".

There isn't one.

Do you have evidence that UK troops will be able to be sent to war without UK government approval?

SB

I voted remain on 17:56 - Sep 21 with 1513 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 17:38 - Sep 21 by No9

But with attitude in the USA being what it is would it not be sensible for the EU to have it's own military forces supported by a NATO not necesssarily at Trumps beck & call?
Not easy I understand but it isn't worth relying on him and his mood dependencies is it?

I don't understand what this has to do with any of my posts I'm afraid.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024