Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) 21:32 - Oct 2 with 6755 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Poll: Best Football Song

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:56 - Oct 2 with 2059 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tonight was my turning point. We looked disorganised and Hurst has had time now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:57 - Oct 2 with 2053 viewsgtsb

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:55 - Oct 2 by blueconscience

No point sacking Hurst. You will all be demanding the new manager to be sacked after a month as well.

I'm assuming you think, rightly, the squad is poor.
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:57 - Oct 2 with 2051 viewsblueconscience

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:56 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Tonight was my turning point. We looked disorganised and Hurst has had time now.

Just like the teams under all the other managers under Evans

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:59 - Oct 2 with 2031 viewsDanTheMan

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:55 - Oct 2 by blueconscience

No point sacking Hurst. You will all be demanding the new manager to be sacked after a month as well.

I mean if they literally can't win a game, that seems fair.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 2 with 2023 viewsjeera

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:50 - Oct 2 by SamWhiteUK

Are you new to this forum? With the posters on here, it most definitely would. Most fickle group of people I've ever known

Don't be absurd.

You also post so you're part of some collective so you also must think the same way? No, of course not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 2 with 2023 viewsVic

I think I feel like I did in the last month of Micks time here. I really wanted it to work out, but could see it really wasn’t going to.

I so I’m not Hurst out, but can’t see it working.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 2 with 2014 viewsblueconscience

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:57 - Oct 2 by gtsb

I'm assuming you think, rightly, the squad is poor.

It is not brilliant, as Evans is living in dreamland thinking you can build a championship team on peanuts in todays game.

Other championship teams are spending more on one player than our whole squad is worth.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 2 with 2014 viewsgt81

I'm almost past caring at this point.

In, out, shake it all about.

I desperately want to see him turn it round, but I can't see it happening, and I'm not sure what anyone else could do with this squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:03 - Oct 2 with 1996 viewsjeera

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:01 - Oct 2 by blueconscience

It is not brilliant, as Evans is living in dreamland thinking you can build a championship team on peanuts in todays game.

Other championship teams are spending more on one player than our whole squad is worth.

A minute we didn't need an owner at all.

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:05 - Oct 2 with 1979 viewsblueconscience

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:03 - Oct 2 by jeera

A minute we didn't need an owner at all.

you are only reading it how you wanted to read it, I was just asking what he is gaining from owning the club he is not interested in improving.

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 1955 viewsJDB23

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:47 - Oct 2 by yorkshire

Think I would agree with this

Another game where we weren't outplayed - just beaten by a couple of better players and some poor defense

Dozzell and Sears looked a lot better - I would rest Nolan and Graham - playing Sears just in behind Jackson
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 21:49]

Lol Boro had the game won after 15 mins, they knew we wouldn't score all night so just sat back and let us do whatever we wanted.They could have stepped it up at any point if they felt threatened.

1 shot on target again was it? From 25 yards out, abysmal.
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:07 - Oct 2 with 1946 viewsjeera

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:05 - Oct 2 by blueconscience

you are only reading it how you wanted to read it, I was just asking what he is gaining from owning the club he is not interested in improving.

Evans has killed us. (n/t) by blueconscience 2 Oct 2018 21:47
and other Clubs aren't?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1933 viewsyorkshire

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:51 - Oct 2 by gtsb

We weren't outplayed? Boro had so many gears to go up but didn't need them. We had none.

Well if they didn't go up the gears then they didn't outplay us then did they

To be honest apart from that spell where they scored then I don't think they dominated us at all - they might well have done if they hadn't been 2-0 up but I guess we'll never know
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1923 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm prepared to give this experiment a lot longer. After 17 years of Championship football, most of which was pretty uninspiring, I don't even think that a spell in League 1 would be the end of the world. I haven't done the stats but my memory tells me that clubs with a significant history dropping down to L1 are more likely to be in the Premier League than still languishing in L1 after 3 or 4 years.

I accept the fact that without having seen a single moment of play this year I'm not in the best position to ascertain if Hurst is up to the job or not. But I really want Paul Hurst to be a success. I really want a young manager who makes his name at Town. I really want Marcus Evans to get it right this time.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1923 viewsTrequartista

It's all pretty academic if he stays or goes really, if we're limited to minus transfer budgets and lower league players it doesn't really matter if it's Mick McCarthy, Paul Hurst or Pep Guardiola, the club we all know is dead.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1921 viewsblueconscience

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:07 - Oct 2 by jeera

Evans has killed us. (n/t) by blueconscience 2 Oct 2018 21:47
and other Clubs aren't?

I was saying that other clubs balances aren't too great either.

Can't see how that is saying anything about being ownerless.

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1920 viewsDripFedFred

A quarter of the season gone and at this rate we're heading for a whopping 26 points.

New manager bounce? We've had a new manager plunge and it's difficult to see it changing. QPR is the point of no return for Hurst as far as I am concerned.
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 1908 viewsRadlett_blue

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 by yorkshire

Well if they didn't go up the gears then they didn't outplay us then did they

To be honest apart from that spell where they scored then I don't think they dominated us at all - they might well have done if they hadn't been 2-0 up but I guess we'll never know

First half we had a total of 1 shot on goal, while Boro scored twice & had a fair few shots. If that isn't being outplayed, I don't know what is.
At 2-0, they chose to sit back & hit us on the break so it was a different game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:13 - Oct 2 with 1876 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m past caring to be honest.

It doesn’t matter who the manager is when you’ve got Evans as the owner.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 1861 viewsblueconscience

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:13 - Oct 2 by Reuser_is_God

I’m past caring to be honest.

It doesn’t matter who the manager is when you’ve got Evans as the owner.

My thoughts exactly.

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:15 - Oct 2 with 1856 viewsCotty

Yes, but not because of anything he's done. It's a longterm project and you can't give up on it after this many games. If he goes we're definitely relegated, these are his players signed to play in his system. Our best chance is for him to turn it around. I would give him until Christmas. If we sack him then we're down anyway.
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:21 - Oct 2 with 1806 viewsDripFedFred

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:15 - Oct 2 by Cotty

Yes, but not because of anything he's done. It's a longterm project and you can't give up on it after this many games. If he goes we're definitely relegated, these are his players signed to play in his system. Our best chance is for him to turn it around. I would give him until Christmas. If we sack him then we're down anyway.

We've had a relatively gentle start to the season in terms of league positions of the teams we have played. But worse than that is the incoherence. If he's picking the team to counter the opposition then he's failed completely but neither is there any hint of us having a settled line up to play a certain way.

We're all over the place on so many levels.
Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:26 - Oct 2 with 1785 viewscaught-in-limbo

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:15 - Oct 2 by Cotty

I agree. If the plan is to make significant, lasting changes on a tight budget, we have to give it time to work. The patience of most Town fans seems to be pretty low, but I can't see how we can realise any progress if we replace Hurst now or even within 6 months.

Personally, I'd let PH see out his contract and I imagine that's what Evans will do.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:28]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:28 - Oct 2 with 1777 viewsitfcpaul

Yep

and positive we will stay up as well

3 wins in next 6

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 22:30 - Oct 2 with 1770 views44_not_out

Any Hurst inners left? (n/t) on 21:49 - Oct 2 by LeagueOne

Because the last one was a steaming success?

Great line 🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024