Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now 21:10 - Oct 3 with 5621 viewskizaitfc

Defence are absolute chambles, Tilt would have been strong in set pieces at both ends and because of a couple of hundred thousand we said no.

Other teams throwing millions about and we have shot ourselves in the foot for less than half a mil

That falls on ME

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 21:48 - Oct 3 with 5152 viewsGavTWTD

Another lower league player? I thought that was the cause of our problems?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 21:52 - Oct 3 with 5125 viewsSuperfrans

Another centre half would have made the difference? I beg to differ.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 22:07 - Oct 3 with 5085 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 21:48 - Oct 3 by GavTWTD

Unproven, and haven't seen anything that suggest he's pulling up trees in L1.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 22:14 - Oct 3 with 5054 views44_not_out

You’ve seen a 30 second clip on YouTube and now he’s the missing piece in the jigsaw. I feel a centre half pairing of Collins and MacAuly would’ve been much more solid.
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 22:20 - Oct 3 with 5014 viewsDubtractor

You're pushing the defence point tonight, but 10 teams have let in the the same or more goals as us.

No team has scored fewer.

I think I know where the problem lies.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 01:47 - Oct 4 with 4840 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 21:52 - Oct 3 by Superfrans

Another centre half would have made the difference? I beg to differ.

Tilt is a very good defender at the level he plays at, a Des Walker type, but he may find the Championship a tight proposition.

However if Hurst was going to base his transfer strategy on lower league signings Tilt should have been the number one target. He's more of a prospect than the ones we did get.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 01:59 - Oct 4 with 4834 viewskizaitfc

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 22:20 - Oct 3 by Dubtractor

You're pushing the defence point tonight, but 10 teams have let in the the same or more goals as us.

Look at the goals we have conceded!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 07:45 - Oct 4 with 4703 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

It’s a horrible mix of the two isn’t it?

Impotent up front against Bolton, Rotherham, Brentford and arguably a second goal against Norwich kills the game.

Lost points because of defensive errors against Wednesday, Middlesbrough, Blackburn.

Hull was a horror show at both ends and Derby was similar in that we didn’t look like getting a goal, inevitably conceded and then it was game over.
Login to get fewer ads

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 07:50 - Oct 4 with 4688 viewsCurrie10

Said this at the time and got pelters
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 07:58 - Oct 4 with 4668 viewsmaccyd9

It has to fall on Hurst.

Why didn't he spend the Nsiala money on Tilt? He identified who he went for. You can almost understand why Evans would be reluctant to but another centre half for decent money considering it would be likely that Nsiala or Tilt would have been on the bench.

I've been very critical of ME in the past but really the blame falls squarely on Hurst. He has recruited very poorly.
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:03 - Oct 4 with 4648 viewsBenters2

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 07:50 - Oct 4 by Currie10

Said this at the time and got pelters

Blub
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:07 - Oct 4 with 4634 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, what we need now is another lower league player struggling to make the step up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:08 - Oct 4 with 4633 viewstractorboy1978

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 07:45 - Oct 4 by King_ding_a_lin_g

It’s a horrible mix of the two isn’t it?

Impotent up front against Bolton, Rotherham, Brentford and arguably a second goal against Norwich kills the game.

Lost points because of defensive errors against Wednesday, Middlesbrough, Blackburn.

Hull was a horror show at both ends and Derby was similar in that we didn’t look like getting a goal, inevitably conceded and then it was game over.

That's correct. We've not had a game yet where the defence and attack have performed well in unison hence why we sit with 0 wins from 11 games. Above all else we look totally naive and wet behind the ears, that goes for the management team as well as the players.
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:19 - Oct 4 with 4596 viewsstewartm

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 21:48 - Oct 3 by GavTWTD

Can’t pass Skuse and hoof Chambers are a big problem. TBH there is value in the post but not just Tilt! Again lower league players can be successful (arguably Vardy started in the lower leagues and just progressed) a poor manager and some poor signings plus a lack of real investment will cost this club. Our demise is certain now and it is going to be painful!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:25 - Oct 4 with 4580 viewsCuffy81

A naturally left footed centre half would have added much more balance to the team. Chambers looks all at sea there.
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 09:06 - Oct 4 with 4506 viewsRadlett_blue

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:19 - Oct 4 by stewartm

Can’t pass Skuse and hoof Chambers are a big problem. TBH there is value in the post but not just Tilt! Again lower league players can be successful (arguably Vardy started in the lower leagues and just progressed) a poor manager and some poor signings plus a lack of real investment will cost this club. Our demise is certain now and it is going to be painful!

Yep, the next big call for Hurst is dropping Chambers (or Nsiala or, more likely, Donacien) to accommodate Pennington. After that, the unthinkable - dropping Skuse.
If he were to do those 2 things (both necessary from a longer term team development perspective IMO) there would be hardly any experience in the team & he may not wish to risk that given our current position.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 11:42 - Oct 4 with 4399 viewsronnyblue

Hurst threw millions at the rubbish we are now having to watch. If tilt was valued the same as them he would make no difference!
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 12:05 - Oct 4 with 4361 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:25 - Oct 4 by Cuffy81

A naturally left footed centre half would have added much more balance to the team. Chambers looks all at sea there.

totally agree

Chambers is a right sided player.

why move him there?
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 12:45 - Oct 4 with 4298 viewsPositivelyPortman

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 08:19 - Oct 4 by stewartm

2 of mm’s favourites plus Knudsen and there’s part of our ongoing problem.
Well spotted son.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 12:46 - Oct 4 with 4292 viewsSouperJim

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 01:59 - Oct 4 by kizaitfc

Look at the goals we have conceded!

Lots of individual errors, as a result of the pressure we're under. Carry more attacking threat and the defence will sort itself out. We don't cause teams enough problems, give the ball away cheaply and miss opportunities to win it back. If we start having more play in the opposition half, score a few goals and pick up points, confidence will go up and the errors will stop happening.

Defensively the personnel are ok, not world beaters, but ok at this level.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 13:03 - Oct 4 with 4262 viewsSuperfrans

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 01:47 - Oct 4 by The_Last_Baron

Tilt is a very good defender at the level he plays at, a Des Walker type, but he may find the Championship a tight proposition.

However if Hurst was going to base his transfer strategy on lower league signings Tilt should have been the number one target. He's more of a prospect than the ones we did get.

Totally. But that is a diferent point.

There is no evidence that buying Tilt would have benefitted us more this season than buying Nsiala, signing Pennington etc. A fourth CH would have no impact on our league position.

Signing a striker who can score goals might. That's where we have missed out. This is all the more galling given how many strikers some of the other teams in this division have.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 13:28 - Oct 4 with 4183 viewsTown_Blue17

If Tilt is that special then why didn't some of the other bigger clubs come in and offer the additional amount that Blackpool were after?
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 13:33 - Oct 4 with 4170 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 22:20 - Oct 3 by Dubtractor

Knudsen / Chambers / Pennington / Donacien - is a solid solid back four.

MacCauley would have been perfect cover instead 800,000 on Nsiala. Far to easy with tackles and goes long too often.

I think if Jon Nolan is your creative influence you know where your problems lie.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 13:40 - Oct 4 with 4150 viewsVaughan8

The defence is one area where I would say we are "OK" so if you think that's a shambles, what do you think of the midfield and upfront...…?
Not spending that extra on Tilt really does look stupid now on 13:43 - Oct 4 with 4146 viewsBinner

Looking at Hurst's signings so far I'm glad we didn't give him another £2m to squander.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024