Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs 12:06 - Oct 7 with 2141 viewsSuperfrans

I guarantee you, this is total and utter guesswork. Not even worth worrying about for a second.

Look at the wording of the final sentence of the story...
It says that Dozzell has played in two matches this week and then adds:
“And Dozzell’s comeback is sure to send top-flight scouts flocking back to Portman Road.”

“Is sure”... in other words a total guess by the reporter. Spurs and Arsenal have done and said nothing.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:09 - Oct 7 with 2131 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah, but Spurs are partial to decent Dozzell.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:18 - Oct 7 with 2106 viewsblueislander

I am sure he is on the radar of lots of top clubs, but untl he has really proven his fitness none will show any serious interest. If he plays most of the season, and shows his real ability, I can see bids coming in in the summer.
This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 2092 viewsbournemouthblue

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:18 - Oct 7 by blueislander

I am sure he is on the radar of lots of top clubs, but untl he has really proven his fitness none will show any serious interest. If he plays most of the season, and shows his real ability, I can see bids coming in in the summer.

He's obviously highly thought of but he has got some way to go to prove himself

Not that this stops the big clubs nowadays, we have already lost Knight, Brown and that other lad before they have proven anything?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:41 - Oct 7 with 2041 viewsNorthern_Blue81

If Andre plays 30+ games this season, they will want him next season logically and we would struggle to keep him, if he wanted to stay even, the bright lights of London will be too strong for Andre and the monies too shiny for Mr Evans.

Would think keeping hold of Gwion Edwards for this season would be our primary concern as a club at this stage.
This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 13:20 - Oct 7 with 1944 viewsPinewoodblue

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:18 - Oct 7 by blueislander

Reasonable to assume at some point he is going to want to play at the highest level. Meanwhile he needs to get as many first games under his belt as possible it is in Evans financial interest.

If his appearances are limited he is more likely to want away and for a much lower fee than if he impressed in Championship games, the more he impresses the higher the bids will be from the top clubs

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 13:51 - Oct 7 with 1864 viewsBlue_Order

When the time comes, we shouldn’t be accepting any less than norwich did for Maddison.
This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 13:51 - Oct 7 with 1866 viewsBent_double

On the otherhand, IF a PL club was willing to pay £25m for him, AND ME gave the bulk of that (ie £20m) to PH/the current manager for transfers/wages, surely that would be the only way we could realistically mount a promotion push - be it for the PL or Championship?

It's all just speculation atm, so we might as well speculate how it could help us in the long run.

His dad will, quite rightly, advise him to stay and play here short term, but unless by some miracle we get into the PL in the next 2-3 seasons, he knows he will have to move on.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 14:41 - Oct 7 with 1782 viewschicoazul

"Spurs and Arsenal have done...nothing"

Incorrect, both clubs had scouts at the Birmingham game last season. As did one or two others. Dozzell is very much on the radar of every big club in the country and will be scouted extensively now he is fit again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 14:58 - Oct 7 with 1761 viewsAce_High1

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 13:51 - Oct 7 by Bent_double

On the otherhand, IF a PL club was willing to pay £25m for him, AND ME gave the bulk of that (ie £20m) to PH/the current manager for transfers/wages, surely that would be the only way we could realistically mount a promotion push - be it for the PL or Championship?

It's all just speculation atm, so we might as well speculate how it could help us in the long run.

His dad will, quite rightly, advise him to stay and play here short term, but unless by some miracle we get into the PL in the next 2-3 seasons, he knows he will have to move on.

Come on we all know we will end up selling on the "cheaper" side of things compared to other clubs.

It will be something like initial £6m + future top ups. We will never, ever sell a player for £20m+.
This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 15:11 - Oct 7 with 1727 viewsBLUEBEAT

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 12:23 - Oct 7 by bournemouthblue

He's obviously highly thought of but he has got some way to go to prove himself

Not that this stops the big clubs nowadays, we have already lost Knight, Brown and that other lad before they have proven anything?

and how are those kids getting on these days?

Poll: W or W

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 17:07 - Oct 7 with 1580 viewsbournemouthblue

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 15:11 - Oct 7 by BLUEBEAT

and how are those kids getting on these days?

Good question, still a few seasons away from performing at any notable level?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 19:13 - Oct 7 with 1456 viewsSuperfrans

This story linking Dozzell with Arsenal//Spurs on 14:41 - Oct 7 by chicoazul

"Spurs and Arsenal have done...nothing"

Incorrect, both clubs had scouts at the Birmingham game last season. As did one or two others. Dozzell is very much on the radar of every big club in the country and will be scouted extensively now he is fit again.

The implication of the story is that they are interested in him now. There is no evidence that they have done anything.

My point is that I could write a story about any player in the division based on some rumours from over 12 months ago.

Perhaps I should have said, “Arsenal and Spurs have done nothing” in the past week, but I thought that was self evident.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024