Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich 21:00 - Oct 25 with 4265 viewsGuthrum

He's (apparently) going to be Ipswich Town's manager. Our club. Nothing to do with them up the road any more. Not relevant.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:48 - Oct 25 with 772 viewsfooters

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:25 - Oct 25 by trev1991

How far have we fallen...taking Norwichs sloppy seconds....years after he had any kind of relative success. Oh well.

Bye, trev!

Remember to win something before gloating on here again :)

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:50 - Oct 25 with 768 viewsNo9

That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:44 - Oct 25 by Mullet

Given he sued them for £2m and they're all talking like hes marrying outside the family, I'm already warming to the dour little Scotsman a bit more already.

Imagine his first derby at FPR next season and he smashes them 7-1.

AND, can you imagine what happens if he gets no new staff and takes Town down?
You need to go online to EDP24 and read some of the stuff that lot publish

When Town went into Admin the paper was full of it for days no sympathy just serious gloating
That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:50 - Oct 25 with 765 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:42 - Oct 25 by Dyland

It feels a bit Jewellesque. I'm thinking similar sh1t to PJ's appointment, i.e. it could be worse. Which is not great!

I think the Nodge connection is overblown though.

A three year contract suggests that Lambert was in a better bargaining position than Evans.

It should have been to the end of the season with a massive Mick sized bonus for keeping us up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 735 viewsm14_blue

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:48 - Oct 25 by footers

Bye, trev!

Remember to win something before gloating on here again :)

These are their glory days.

In 2043 they'll probably be having an open top flying bus parade to commemorate the 25th anniversary of their 2-1 win at Forest.
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 23:19 - Oct 25 with 665 views3_5_2

Trying not to get too far ahead here but can you imagine us winning at
Carrot Road with him in charge !

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 23:53 - Oct 25 with 642 viewsRyorry

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:38 - Oct 25 by Moriarty

Chairman - management- players - supporters/fans. I don’t think the fibers that all run through the club are as one.

I agree the vast majority saw the need for change and if that was uniting the fans, now the door is open for division. Wide open.

I hope you’re right and that he can do it, but I’m skeptical for more reasons than one. I’ll back the club out of loyalty, but this is certainly not the appointment I was hoping for. He deserves due process and I’ll try and start with a clean slate. But he won’t get that from all and I equally get that.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 21:43]

Completely agree, and for once have to disagree with Guthers.

For me, appointing Lambert just highlights how little ME gets about football generally and us in particular. It's such a hugely divisive appointment and one which would again quickly go pear-shaped if he doesn't chalk up wins in short order - which could exponentially compound the disastrous Hurst flop.

Don't think there'll be any middle ground here - it's an absolutely massive gamble which will either catapult Lambert up into saviour status, or wound our soul.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That's the niggling thing with me too on 00:00 - Oct 26 with 635 viewsBlueBadger

That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:50 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

A three year contract suggests that Lambert was in a better bargaining position than Evans.

It should have been to the end of the season with a massive Mick sized bonus for keeping us up.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my one and only TWTD blog...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 00:03 - Oct 26 with 632 viewsbournemouthblue

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:35 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

I was keen on Lambert joining when Jewell was sacked but am less so now.

He seems to have gone on the same career path as Jewell. Good early success and promotion followed by a gradual decline at each successive club.

It's a hard one to say with Blackburn and Wolves both in full basketcase mode when he was there

Stoke were already in big trouble when he essentially came in as caretaker

Whether we are any more stable ourselves is debatable itself

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024