Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich 21:00 - Oct 25 with 4301 viewsGuthrum

He's (apparently) going to be Ipswich Town's manager. Our club. Nothing to do with them up the road any more. Not relevant.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:02 - Oct 25 with 3487 viewsbackwaywhen

Here here ...let’s get behind him .
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:04 - Oct 25 with 3444 viewsVic

I agree, but I suspect a lot won’t, unless he brings success.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:04 - Oct 25 with 3428 viewsJ2BLUE

He has represented 13 clubs. He's had 4 clubs since them.

Can't believe it's an issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:06 - Oct 25 with 3406 viewsfooters

If anything his Scottishness should count for more given our caledonian ex alumni... let's hope for another roaring success!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:07 - Oct 25 with 3385 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:04 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

lot of snowflakes wetting themselves on twitter about it

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:08 - Oct 25 with 3357 viewsJ2BLUE

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:07 - Oct 25 by Illinoisblue

I hate people

Truly impaired.

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:09 - Oct 25 with 3338 viewsfooters

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:08 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

I hate people

The feeling's mutual.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 3307 viewsstrikalite

I'm not exactly jumping up and down, but he wins at Millwall Saturday, nobody will mention Nodge connection next week...
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 3303 viewsNo9

Don't believe it sir.
If it goes wrong they will never let us forget it
There are a lot of them on the Nfk / Sfk border, they could make life unbearable
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 3304 viewsMoriarty

The club is somewhat fragmented. His appointment will alienate some supporters, rightly or wrongly. Equally, those who are more positive are unlikely to offer as much quarter as might otherwise be expected.

I’ll tag along, out of loyalty to the club. Que sera etc.

This is a big gamble for the club.

fka omuircheartaigh

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:13 - Oct 25 with 3273 viewsITFC_Forever

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:11 - Oct 25 by strikalite

I'm not exactly jumping up and down, but he wins at Millwall Saturday, nobody will mention Nodge connection next week...

Klug will be in charge at Millwall, not Lambert.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:13 - Oct 25 with 3265 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:07 - Oct 25 by Illinoisblue

These will also be the sort of people who claim that 'people get offended about anything these days' when faced with something worth actually getting angry about.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:19 - Oct 25 with 3212 viewsjimmyvet

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:13 - Oct 25 by BlueBadger

These will also be the sort of people who claim that 'people get offended about anything these days' when faced with something worth actually getting angry about.

Most on twitter are either daft or scummers good luck Paul the vast majority will be pleased the Hurst gamble was just that and sadly it failed give me Paul Lambert all day long in our current plight the players will respect him and want to play and he will attract players plus get some money from Evans .....happy days
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:22 - Oct 25 with 3181 viewsm14_blue

He's the Ipswich Town manager, we're Ipswich Town fans, he should get our unqualified support.

Good luck Paul, I hope you do a fantastic job and I'm sure you're already looking forward to the away derby.

Let's do this.
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:23 - Oct 25 with 3177 viewsGuthrum

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:11 - Oct 25 by Moriarty

The club is somewhat fragmented. His appointment will alienate some supporters, rightly or wrongly. Equally, those who are more positive are unlikely to offer as much quarter as might otherwise be expected.

I’ll tag along, out of loyalty to the club. Que sera etc.

This is a big gamble for the club.

The fanbase is remarkably united of late - that Hurst needed replacing. It needs pulling together in the sense of organisation and cohesion on the pitch. Lambert is as likely to be able to do that as most.

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:25 - Oct 25 with 3156 viewstrev1991

How far have we fallen...taking Norwichs sloppy seconds....years after he had any kind of relative success. Oh well.
Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:28 - Oct 25 with 3125 viewsGlasgowBlue

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:04 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

He'll get my 100% support if appointed but I can't help but think that the fans will turn on him very quickly if things don't get any better. Look how our numskulls tuned on a bloke who saved us from relegation and for us in the play offs.

We are in the sh1t and we need everyone behind the manager and the team from the off. I think any three from Burley/Butcher/Holland/Nash/Hogg/Klug would have done that.

Let's be honest, we may have escaped from this position in the past but we had better players at our disposal and I think that saving us is a pretty much impossible job.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:31 - Oct 25 with 3085 viewsGuthrum

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:25 - Oct 25 by trev1991

How far have we fallen...taking Norwichs sloppy seconds....years after he had any kind of relative success. Oh well.

Sir Bobby Robson was Fulham's failed cast-off. Virtually every manager comes from somewhere else, often having been in the opposition dugout at Town games.

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:31 - Oct 25 with 3078 viewsJ2BLUE

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:28 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

He'll get my 100% support if appointed but I can't help but think that the fans will turn on him very quickly if things don't get any better. Look how our numskulls tuned on a bloke who saved us from relegation and for us in the play offs.

We are in the sh1t and we need everyone behind the manager and the team from the off. I think any three from Burley/Butcher/Holland/Nash/Hogg/Klug would have done that.

Let's be honest, we may have escaped from this position in the past but we had better players at our disposal and I think that saving us is a pretty much impossible job.

I think we'll survive comfortably and the majority will make sure Lambert gets time and support.

Truly impaired.

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:35 - Oct 25 with 3048 viewsGlasgowBlue

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:31 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

I think we'll survive comfortably and the majority will make sure Lambert gets time and support.

I was keen on Lambert joining when Jewell was sacked but am less so now.

He seems to have gone on the same career path as Jewell. Good early success and promotion followed by a gradual decline at each successive club.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:38 - Oct 25 with 3016 viewsMoriarty

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:23 - Oct 25 by Guthrum

The fanbase is remarkably united of late - that Hurst needed replacing. It needs pulling together in the sense of organisation and cohesion on the pitch. Lambert is as likely to be able to do that as most.

Chairman - management- players - supporters/fans. I don’t think the fibers that all run through the club are as one.

I agree the vast majority saw the need for change and if that was uniting the fans, now the door is open for division. Wide open.

I hope you’re right and that he can do it, but I’m skeptical for more reasons than one. I’ll back the club out of loyalty, but this is certainly not the appointment I was hoping for. He deserves due process and I’ll try and start with a clean slate. But he won’t get that from all and I equally get that.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 21:43]

fka omuircheartaigh

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:39 - Oct 25 with 2982 viewsjimmyvet

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:25 - Oct 25 by trev1991

What you scummers need to understand you have never won anything and never will win anything so until you do wind your neck in and do one back up the A140 loser
That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:42 - Oct 25 with 2938 viewsDyland

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:35 - Oct 25 by GlasgowBlue

I was keen on Lambert joining when Jewell was sacked but am less so now.

He seems to have gone on the same career path as Jewell. Good early success and promotion followed by a gradual decline at each successive club.

It feels a bit Jewellesque. I'm thinking similar sh1t to PJ's appointment, i.e. it could be worse. Which is not great!

I think the Nodge connection is overblown though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:44 - Oct 25 with 2907 viewsMullet

That's the niggling thing with me too on 21:42 - Oct 25 by Dyland

It feels a bit Jewellesque. I'm thinking similar sh1t to PJ's appointment, i.e. it could be worse. Which is not great!

I think the Nodge connection is overblown though.

Given he sued them for £2m and they're all talking like hes marrying outside the family, I'm already warming to the dour little Scotsman a bit more already.

Imagine his first derby at FPR next season and he smashes them 7-1.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:48 - Oct 25 with 2840 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Paul Lambert is no longer connected with Norwich on 21:39 - Oct 25 by jimmyvet

What you scummers need to understand you have never won anything and never will win anything so until you do wind your neck in and do one back up the A140 loser

Was it the "relative success" that gave it away?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024