Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened between Hurst and Roberts 21:59 - Nov 3 with 3615 viewsBluedanW

I must admit I had forgotten about him. Great call for Lambert to put him back in there today. I was wondering What We had available up front, even though he never scored today he did look capable of creating/ scoring a goal. I was thinking Jackson was our best option, however we looked more toothless when they were swapped. Reading on here there's been mention of Hurst slating Roberts, I must of missed that report.
What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 22:07 - Nov 3 with 3543 viewsMaySixth

Hurst never ever slated Roberts.

Hurst just said that Roberts was slightly further away from first team selection than other players.

Lambert thought different.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 22:15 - Nov 3 with 3501 viewspatrickswell

In Stuart Watson’s report he referenced Hurst mentioning that Roberts was a long-term left wing project. So more Hurst gibberish basically.
What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 22:18 - Nov 3 with 3456 viewsJ2BLUE

It's probably just a case of everyone starting from zero and he has trained well. Lambert has no loyalty to anyone yet so he can play whoever is training best right now rather than who has perhaps performed best in games over the season so far.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 22:27 - Nov 3 with 3425 viewsbournemouthblue

Interesting to see both him and Rowe featuring immediately under Lambert

I'm not saying either are necessarily the answer but I was puzzled that neither were given a go under Hurst when no one else had really been pulling up trees
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 9:46]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 23:55 - Nov 3 with 3146 viewsGarv

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 22:27 - Nov 3 by bournemouthblue

I'm not saying either are necessarily the answer but I was puzzled that neither were given a go under Hurst when no one else had really been pulling up trees

Both?

Roberts and who?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 23:58 - Nov 3 with 3131 viewsGluedtoBlue

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 23:55 - Nov 3 by Garv

Both?

Roberts and who?

Complete guess but can only think of Rowe who hadn't featured before today?

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 00:29 - Nov 4 with 3054 viewsthatdamgood89

For me it’s the case of what can happen to managers surrounding certain players. Hurst brought Roberts in as winger pure and simple. It never even entered Paul Hursts mind that he may be anything but a winger. Lambert however has come in clean slate no pre conceived ideas and looo at his attributes and thought he would do a job up top. Good shout by lambert today.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 09:45 - Nov 4 with 2572 viewsbournemouthblue

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 23:55 - Nov 3 by Garv

Both?

Roberts and who?

Danny Rowe - I'll edit that in for clarity

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 09:56 - Nov 4 with 2503 viewsstrikalite

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 22:27 - Nov 3 by bournemouthblue

When he said that he wanted to play on the front foot then players like Roberts and Rowe will give you that above any others...two that are prepared to make runs with the ball, oh look we're up the bloody pitch now...!
What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 10:09 - Nov 4 with 2437 viewsPhilTWTD

He was viewed as a bit of a punt, so to speak. Available on a free, worth taking a chance on. Here's what PH said about him in August: “He was always one that was brought in, in truth, that we expected to be, not a project, I hate that word, he’s not an experiment as such, but we expected it to take probably longer for him to get to where we want, if he does at all."

Hurst: Teenager Chalobah Capable of Full Season, While Roberts Could Take Time to Find Feet 20th Aug 2018 17:46
Town manager Paul Hurst believes on-loan Chelsea youngster Trevoh Chalobah should be able to feature throughout the season despite his youth, while he says it might take Jordan Roberts, who signed on a free transfer after leaving League Two Crawley Town in the summer, a little while to find his Championship feet. 18

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 10:13 - Nov 4 with 2388 viewsurbanblue

I thought he looked quite useful in his brief cameo role against Derby if I remember rightly, then he just disappeared ... Thought that was strange!
What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 10:38 - Nov 4 with 2310 viewsLankHenners

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 00:29 - Nov 4 by thatdamgood89

For me it’s the case of what can happen to managers surrounding certain players. Hurst brought Roberts in as winger pure and simple. It never even entered Paul Hursts mind that he may be anything but a winger. Lambert however has come in clean slate no pre conceived ideas and looo at his attributes and thought he would do a job up top. Good shout by lambert today.

Not to defend the man who's given Lambert an almighty handicap but Hurst definitely saw that he could play up front - played him there in several of the early friendlies and said it's a position he can play.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 11:00 - Nov 4 with 2248 viewspatrickswell

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 10:09 - Nov 4 by PhilTWTD

He was viewed as a bit of a punt, so to speak. Available on a free, worth taking a chance on. Here's what PH said about him in August: “He was always one that was brought in, in truth, that we expected to be, not a project, I hate that word, he’s not an experiment as such, but we expected it to take probably longer for him to get to where we want, if he does at all."

Hurst: Teenager Chalobah Capable of Full Season, While Roberts Could Take Time to Find Feet 20th Aug 2018 17:46
Town manager Paul Hurst believes on-loan Chelsea youngster Trevoh Chalobah should be able to feature throughout the season despite his youth, while he says it might take Jordan Roberts, who signed on a free transfer after leaving League Two Crawley Town in the summer, a little while to find his Championship feet. 18

Reading that quote back makes me even more convinced that Hurst is an idiot. “Yeah, Jordan we’re taking a gamble with you but we think it’s going to take you a while to get up to standard and there’s every chance that you won’t make it either. Anyway, the U-23s are over there. See you later.”

I’m becoming convinced that both Hurst and Doig worked off the principle that every player already here was mediocre and every player they brought in had a point to prove - not least to Hurst and Doig.

We are well shot of him. Such a shame his legacy will probably relegation to a level we haven’t played at for 62 years.
What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 11:17 - Nov 4 with 2178 viewsCaptMickMills

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 00:29 - Nov 4 by thatdamgood89

To be fair to Hurst he played Roberts up front in pre season and he played there for under 23s so wasn't new in that respect. Obviously though Hurst didn't think he was good enough for first team.
What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 11:22 - Nov 4 with 2152 viewsMullet

What happened between Hurst and Roberts on 11:00 - Nov 4 by patrickswell

Reading that quote back makes me even more convinced that Hurst is an idiot. “Yeah, Jordan we’re taking a gamble with you but we think it’s going to take you a while to get up to standard and there’s every chance that you won’t make it either. Anyway, the U-23s are over there. See you later.”

I’m becoming convinced that both Hurst and Doig worked off the principle that every player already here was mediocre and every player they brought in had a point to prove - not least to Hurst and Doig.

We are well shot of him. Such a shame his legacy will probably relegation to a level we haven’t played at for 62 years.

I think there's some legs to that generally, but I wouldn't say it's fair to Hurst that handled Roberts any better or worse than the other 78 players he cycled through. The guy was simply a car crash out of his depth.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024