Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players 21:50 - Nov 28 with 5617 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bart gifting them two goals yet he has cheek to be crying about Hurst.

Third goal , where were central backs and skipper of all skippers?

No ability to come back into the game but this is due to the dreadful lack of quality and years of underinvestment.

We more than deserve relegation for the disastrous ownership and policy of this club.

The only question is if Lambert is prepared to lead us out at Accrington, Rochdale and Fleetwood next season.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:09 - Nov 28 with 1786 viewsGuthrum

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 21:59 - Nov 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

We have an Irish gem in Cotter signed last season haven't we?

He's 19 and has not played much more than half a game. Can he be relied upon for the rest of the season at first team level?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:11 - Nov 28 with 1771 viewsBluesquid

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 21:59 - Nov 28 by Mullet

It would help massively had Hurst not ruined Bart's confidence by berating him and mocking him for weeks in front of his colleagues.

To give Hurst any credit whatsoever just doesn't add up. He has entirely buried us with his actions.

My god, you make it sound like Barts a toddler.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 1769 viewssundaze

To be fair to senior players, Skuse and Sears both worked hard tonight and deserved better.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 1765 viewsm14_blue

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:09 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

He's 19 and has not played much more than half a game. Can he be relied upon for the rest of the season at first team level?

I’m not sure he could do much worse than what we saw tonight.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 1754 viewsRozz

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:09 - Nov 28 by cbower

I more often than not agree with you Mullet and it would seem from all information that the manner in which Bart was dropped was bad man management. However, he is a big boy, must have known his early season form was poor and his place was uncertain. It is all water under the bridge, Lambert has shown faith and Bart really isn't delivering. I've said elsewhere, he is almost a liability at the moment. Gerken is not any better, but Bart is all over the place.

Gerken far better form keeper right now, and anyone that denies this is frankly, mental.

Bart needs to shake whatever he's held on to from the previous regime. He was badly treated, but rightly dropped IMO. His distribution has always been poor and this system is not treating him too kindly - but mistakes like today, against the run of play, out of nothing, swing games.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:14 - Nov 28 with 1754 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:09 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

We have nothing to lose, we already have one foot in league 1, why not get young Crowe in.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:16 - Nov 28 with 1727 viewsGuthrum

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:12 - Nov 28 by m14_blue

I’m not sure he could do much worse than what we saw tonight.

Yes, he's probably worth a try. Or put Donacien back in there. But until January, the options are rather limited.

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 1724 viewsWicklowBlue

Who cares can't be much worse. Spent most of the game tonight wishing we had the yoof playing in the back line. If it ain't working then change it at least they'll get game time and experience.

On that showing tonight we're on a one way ticket out of this division. Let's start planning for that, could the defending be any worse?
Login to get fewer ads

I actually think Skuse has had a relatively good season... on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 1720 viewsunstableblue

... but if you add up Bart, Chambo and Knudsens errors it’s a lot of points or a lot of lost momentum, bringing pressure back on ourselves

We need a fresh start, those pining for Mick are so wrong it’s laughable, he’s part of the demise. Woeful football, disconnect from youth teams style, terrible form at the end

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 1700 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Would he do worse than Spence?
Skuse (and Sears, if he counts) were excellent tonight on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 1702 viewsDyland

Hurst isn't dead right about anything, he hasn't earned any right to be so.

If we're no more than six points off come January AND we can reinforce, we aren't dead yet.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I actually think Skuse has had a relatively good season... on 22:25 - Nov 28 with 1683 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I actually think Skuse has had a relatively good season... on 22:18 - Nov 28 by unstableblue

... but if you add up Bart, Chambo and Knudsens errors it’s a lot of points or a lot of lost momentum, bringing pressure back on ourselves

We need a fresh start, those pining for Mick are so wrong it’s laughable, he’s part of the demise. Woeful football, disconnect from youth teams style, terrible form at the end

Have always been Skuse's critic but he and Sears are the only senior players that can come out with credit after tonight.

People have been saying that this level of football is too big for the number of lower league players we have signed up but the 'established' Championship players are the major problem this season.

Bialkowski - awful
Spence - one fooking big laugh
Chambers - great off the pitch but the calamity on it
Knudsen - he can fook off tomorrow for me. Sulking ever since McCarthys departure
Ward - utter turd. Not even considered by Lambert.
Skuse - mix of poor and decent games. Good tonight.
Sears - probably the best of this bunch.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:27 - Nov 28 with 1663 viewsnshearman1

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:21 - Nov 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

Would he do worse than Spence?

Personally I'd like to see Emmanuel recalled. He spent a season in the Championship - more experience than a number in our squad - and was Rotherham's Young Player Of The Year as a result. He's wasted at Shrewsbury. I know others think he's only League 1, but at his age he'd improve under Lambert and would be a club investment in the future rather than these cheap short-term deals on inadequate older players.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 1651 viewsMullet

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:09 - Nov 28 by cbower

I more often than not agree with you Mullet and it would seem from all information that the manner in which Bart was dropped was bad man management. However, he is a big boy, must have known his early season form was poor and his place was uncertain. It is all water under the bridge, Lambert has shown faith and Bart really isn't delivering. I've said elsewhere, he is almost a liability at the moment. Gerken is not any better, but Bart is all over the place.

I wasn't suggesting Bart was playing well tonight. Far from it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 1633 viewsMullet

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:11 - Nov 28 by Bluesquid

My god, you make it sound like Barts a toddler.

Does he post on here too?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:32 - Nov 28 with 1634 viewsBluesquid

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 21:57 - Nov 28 by Crock

Our defence is our biggest problem. It is just not good enough.

It has been for years, we were letting in sloppy goals left, right and centre under Mick and his way of dealing with it was to state - "They have been outstanding!"

lol
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:39 - Nov 28 with 1605 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:32 - Nov 28 by Bluesquid

It has been for years, we were letting in sloppy goals left, right and centre under Mick and his way of dealing with it was to state - "They have been outstanding!"

lol

Exactly this.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:52 - Nov 28 with 1583 viewsGuthrum

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:27 - Nov 28 by nshearman1

Personally I'd like to see Emmanuel recalled. He spent a season in the Championship - more experience than a number in our squad - and was Rotherham's Young Player Of The Year as a result. He's wasted at Shrewsbury. I know others think he's only League 1, but at his age he'd improve under Lambert and would be a club investment in the future rather than these cheap short-term deals on inadequate older players.

Agree, but unfortunately that can't happen until January at the earliest (and only then if we have a break clause).

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 23:11 - Nov 28 with 1549 viewsRadlett_blue

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 22:08 - Nov 28 by m14_blue

Not giving Hurst any credit but I think that’s letting Bart off a bit lightly.

He’s been fantastic for us since joining but has been awful this year, and has cost us dearly tonight.

And Bart has the 3rd highest average rating from our supporters this year. One of the players ahead of him is Woolfenden, who played 1 game.
In the eyes of some, he can do no wrong.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 23:24 - Nov 28 with 1522 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 23:11 - Nov 28 by Radlett_blue

And Bart has the 3rd highest average rating from our supporters this year. One of the players ahead of him is Woolfenden, who played 1 game.
In the eyes of some, he can do no wrong.

The same applies to Chambers. Great off the pitch but on it he's been poor this season. But him and other 'established' Championship players will still be pampered by large number of our fans.

Our senior players are the bigger problem for us than all those lower leagues' ones that we have signed up last summer.
Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 1511 viewsStNeotsBlue

Hurst though a disaster was dead right about senior players on 23:24 - Nov 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

The same applies to Chambers. Great off the pitch but on it he's been poor this season. But him and other 'established' Championship players will still be pampered by large number of our fans.

Our senior players are the bigger problem for us than all those lower leagues' ones that we have signed up last summer.

Both full backs defended abjectly tonight, Knudsen waved a foot at their first goal with his back half turned and Spence doesn't do enough.

In their defence they don't get the same level of protection from the players in front of them that they did under MMc but they should both be doing better.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 23:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024