Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? 13:07 - Nov 30 with 11774 viewsmarcus1642

Just a bit of conjecture on my behalf. I would say about the same really.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:13 - Nov 30 with 5971 viewsIpswichKnight

Around 25M. ME has had offers in the region of 20M and turned them down.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:17 - Nov 30 with 5964 viewsElephantintheRoom

1p or a notional £ is the going rate for a destitute club with no assets and huge debts. And that's if the debt is written off

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:19 - Nov 30 with 5943 viewsclive_baker

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:17 - Nov 30 by ElephantintheRoom

1p or a notional £ is the going rate for a destitute club with no assets and huge debts. And that's if the debt is written off

"no assets". Care to elaborate?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:21 - Nov 30 with 5944 viewsmarcus1642

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:13 - Nov 30 by IpswichKnight

I think Evans stated in a rare interview, that he has had offers, but they did not reflect the "true value" of the football club.

When we are relegated we will be worth evan less. On a financial level, Evans must be getting deeply concerned at our plight.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:26 - Nov 30 with 5934 viewsmarcus1642

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:19 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

We don't own our ground, rented from Ipswich borough council, our training facilities are owned by Evans, not the football club.

Our only assets are the players.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:29 - Nov 30 with 5906 viewsclive_baker

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:26 - Nov 30 by marcus1642

We don't own our ground, rented from Ipswich borough council, our training facilities are owned by Evans, not the football club.

Correct. So the intangible assets aren't worthless.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:30 - Nov 30 with 5898 viewsJimmyJazz

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:19 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Everything goes straight into MEs back pocket init??

Conspiracy Theory #1

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:31 - Nov 30 with 5893 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:26 - Nov 30 by marcus1642

The ground / stadium does have an asset value.

We have it on a long lease, and pay a relatively low ground rent.

I also suspect that any deal would include buying the training ground from ME.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 13:32]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:38 - Nov 30 with 5853 viewsmonytowbray

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:31 - Nov 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Quite. Plus the only time the land or a stadium a football club owns is going going to be considered as a sellable asset is the point the club's up sh1t creek. Owners buy clubs for football money, not land money in the event everything goes wrong.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:39 - Nov 30 with 5840 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:38 - Nov 30 by monytowbray

Quite. Plus the only time the land or a stadium a football club owns is going going to be considered as a sellable asset is the point the club's up sh1t creek. Owners buy clubs for football money, not land money in the event everything goes wrong.

So a potential buyer isn't going to be attributing too much value to a poxy lease then, are they?
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:40 - Nov 30 with 5839 viewsmarcus1642

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:29 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Correct. So the intangible assets aren't worthless.

That's the problem with intangible assets. The value is in the eyes of an accountant and 'worth' is open to interpretation.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:42 - Nov 30 with 5832 viewsmonytowbray

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:39 - Nov 30 by King_ding_a_lin_g

So a potential buyer isn't going to be attributing too much value to a poxy lease then, are they?

Owning a stadium isn't much of an asset though, that's the point I was making.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:45 - Nov 30 with 5825 viewsmarcus1642

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:39 - Nov 30 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Quite so. I think the biggest problem would be buying the clubs debt from Evans.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:47 - Nov 30 with 5815 viewsgiant_stow

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:13 - Nov 30 by IpswichKnight

your comrades have ignored the most interesting post on this thread (if you're genuinely in the know).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:49 - Nov 30 with 5805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:49 - Nov 30 with 5811 viewsPhilTWTD

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:31 - Nov 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Town do own the stadium, which as you say has a value, £10 million if I remember from a previous set of accounts, only the land is leased. Agree re training ground.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:49 - Nov 30 with 5806 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:42 - Nov 30 by monytowbray

I suspect the only "value" is in the market value of the playing squad (intangible assets) and the potential to get Premier League millions.

But the business can't sustain itself which would reduce it's value.

I genuinely don't think it's worth anywhere near the £30m mentioned by the OP.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:52 - Nov 30 with 5785 viewsPhilTWTD

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:45 - Nov 30 by marcus1642

Quite so. I think the biggest problem would be buying the clubs debt from Evans.

The debt would almost certainly be written off in order to facilitate a sale. The loans were never made with the expectation they would be paid back. There would probably be some aspect of the deal that further cash would be payable to ME if and when the club was promoted.
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:53 - Nov 30 with 5779 viewsIpswichKnight

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:49 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

Town do own the stadium, which as you say has a value, £10 million if I remember from a previous set of accounts, only the land is leased. Agree re training ground.

Do you know what offers have been turned down, am sure I either read or heard that ME has turned down offers of around 20M before but my mind might be going the same way as factuals the older I get!
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:53 - Nov 30 with 5777 viewsSpruceMoose

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:52 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

The debt would almost certainly be written off in order to facilitate a sale. The loans were never made with the expectation they would be paid back. There would probably be some aspect of the deal that further cash would be payable to ME if and when the club was promoted.

Are you aware if there has been any serious interest Phil, and if so, and idea as to who was interested? Local? Overseas?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:54 - Nov 30 with 5772 viewsPhilTWTD

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:42 - Nov 30 by monytowbray

Not sure I see that, the facility is somewhat important to running a club going forward!
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:54 - Nov 30 with 5772 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

They’re in a financial mess. Go and buy their Right Back Pawel Olkowski, from what I’ve read he’s been a revelation for them.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:55 - Nov 30 with 5768 viewsPhilTWTD

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:53 - Nov 30 by IpswichKnight

Do you know what offers have been turned down, am sure I either read or heard that ME has turned down offers of around 20M before but my mind might be going the same way as factuals the older I get!

I've not heard figures but ME said he had had offers a few years back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28791885
Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:55 - Nov 30 with 5761 viewsPhilTWTD

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:53 - Nov 30 by SpruceMoose

Are you aware if there has been any serious interest Phil, and if so, and idea as to who was interested? Local? Overseas?

ME said there had been but no idea where from or how much.

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:57 - Nov 30 with 5748 viewsSpruceMoose

Bolton Wanderers up for sale for £30 million. What price for Ipswich? on 13:55 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

ME said there had been but no idea where from or how much.

Balls.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024