Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All going down in HoC after PMQs 13:04 - Dec 19 with 10985 viewsPinewoodblue

Seems Corbyn uttered, as he sat down, stupid woman. Speaker getting a lot of stick.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:57 - Dec 19 with 3104 viewsBrixtonBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:51 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Why is it about playing the man?

Are you defending the comment? Do you think it should be ignored?

What exactly is wrong with that exchange? Nobody was insulted and surely you agree Labour wasted everyone's time with their pathetic non-no-confidence vote this week?

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 13:52]

It was an ill-judged comment - if he did say "woman" which so far has been denied - but yes, I think it should be ignored. It was under his breath and most likely a slip of the tongue.

But I can see why you Corbyn bashers would be all over it of course.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:59 - Dec 19 with 3092 viewsStokieBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:57 - Dec 19 by BrixtonBlue

It was an ill-judged comment - if he did say "woman" which so far has been denied - but yes, I think it should be ignored. It was under his breath and most likely a slip of the tongue.

But I can see why you Corbyn bashers would be all over it of course.

OK, so the conclusion is that sexist comments should be ignored if they come from someone you like and admire.

Each to their own I guess.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:00 - Dec 19 with 3074 viewsGlasgowBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:59 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

OK, so the conclusion is that sexist comments should be ignored if they come from someone you like and admire.

SB

If this had been Boris then Dolly, Sprucey et al would have been all over it like a rash.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:02 - Dec 19 with 3073 viewsNo9

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:09 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Regardless of whether it's correct you can't do that in the HoC.

Also surely it should be "stupid person"? Bit naughty from JC. Been a bad week with his own party accusing him of wasting time over the "confidence in the PM" stunt.

SB

Edit: Bercow getting pelters from the Tories now for alleged bias. Anna Soubry really getting stuck in.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 13:18]

It's all over, the Speaker said he didn't do it. That shpuld be enough - until they replace the speaker or change the rules.
All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:04 - Dec 19 with 3063 viewsSpruceMoose

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:00 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

If this had been Boris then Dolly, Sprucey et al would have been all over it like a rash.

I regret taking you off ignore. Yet again you're calling out posters based on the fantasies that go on in your head, despite clutching your pearls at other posters doing that previously. Care to explain that hypocrisy?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:05]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 3054 viewsGlasgowBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:04 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

I regret taking you off ignore. Yet again you're calling out posters based on the fantasies that go on in your head, despite clutching your pearls at other posters doing that previously. Care to explain that hypocrisy?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:05]

You didn't put me on ignore you fool.

Iron Lion Zion

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:07 - Dec 19 with 3056 viewsSpruceMoose

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:05 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

You didn't put me on ignore you fool.

Care to explain your hypocrisy?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:07 - Dec 19 with 3055 viewslowhouseblue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:36 - Dec 19 by Steve_M

FFS.

Just admit it, apologise and move on.

Now the entire political news agenda will be taken up with this instead of the rather more urgent mess we're about to make of the economy.

If he had more political nous, it might even have been considered deliberate but he hasn't.

this is corbyn - he'll dig in. there'll shortly be a new political group formed - 'lip readers for corbyn' who will carry out a careful and independent study and announce that he actually said "merry christmas one and all".

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:08 - Dec 19 with 3045 viewsNo9

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:49 - Dec 19 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus Christ. Once again it's about playing the man and no-one's interested in what's really going on.

Pathetic politics.

I notice how no-one in this thread or the other one on the subject has mentioned this;

"I know it's the... pantomime season," she told MPs, "is he going to put a confidence vote? Oh yes he is," she said, prompting backbench Tories MPs to chant "oh no he isn't".

These people are running our country!!!

The tory war & in fighting continues BUT, the tories are never at fault, it is always someone else - bit like the children at a Christmas party = who farted - only muc more serious.

De Gaul said Non in 1963 & the children still haven't got over it

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Charles-de-Gaulle-veto-British-membership-in-1963
All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:09 - Dec 19 with 3045 viewsStokieBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:02 - Dec 19 by No9

It's all over, the Speaker said he didn't do it. That shpuld be enough - until they replace the speaker or change the rules.

That's total nonsense.

For a start the speaker has said he will watch the video after the session and since when did we dismiss sources of evidence because someone else didn't see something?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:09 - Dec 19 with 3042 viewsVic

I love the way he just denies it. It's like his comrades in Russia, who when accused simply deny involvement regardless of the evidence. Trump seems like that as well.

Pathetic.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 3025 viewsDanTheMan

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:46 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

To be fair though Dan, should it be ignored because there are more pressing matters?

Totally agree Brexit is the most important but this week he’s done this and also wasted everyones time with a pathetic attempt at a no confidence vote.

It’s appalling opposition when what we need is real opposition.

SB

Not ignored, but we know this is going to trundle on for a while. Nobody is going to give in.

The no confidence votes, the leadership votes, nobody gives a damn about the people of this country. Like when they say "oh, we need to work to make sure our country isn't divided again!" as if everyone is currently over the things that have happened over the last few years. They are so incredibly out of touch with reality it is unreal.

Whole system needs a complete overhaul. We can start by getting rid of PMQs which is a complete waste of time.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 3023 viewsBrixtonBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 13:59 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

SB

You really think he's a sexist?

Any little stick...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 3023 viewsbrazil1982

A kinder politics
All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:13 - Dec 19 with 3018 viewsBinner

To those who are determined to be offended by this 'incident' could you help me with some guidance...

1. Is it offensive for a man to call another man "stupid man"?

2. Is it offensive for a woman to call a man "stupid man"?

3. Would it be offensive for a woman to call another woman "stupid woman"?

4. Would it be offensive for Mr Corbyn, following an exchange with Mrs May, to remark, on taking his seat, "marvellous woman"?

5. Have I put too many commas in '4' above?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:15]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:14 - Dec 19 with 3000 viewsGlasgowBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:07 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

Care to explain your hypocrisy?

I'm sorry but I have you on ignore and can't see your post.

Arf!

Iron Lion Zion

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:15 - Dec 19 with 2995 viewsSpruceMoose

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:14 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sorry but I have you on ignore and can't see your post.

Arf!

Almost as funny as that gif you have bookmarked. Seriously Glassers, don't be such a hypocrite. You occasionally have a good point. Don't ruin it with all this other stuff.

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:17 - Dec 19 with 2966 viewsGlasgowBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:13 - Dec 19 by Binner

To those who are determined to be offended by this 'incident' could you help me with some guidance...

1. Is it offensive for a man to call another man "stupid man"?

2. Is it offensive for a woman to call a man "stupid man"?

3. Would it be offensive for a woman to call another woman "stupid woman"?

4. Would it be offensive for Mr Corbyn, following an exchange with Mrs May, to remark, on taking his seat, "marvellous woman"?

5. Have I put too many commas in '4' above?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:15]

The answer is that men haven't been discriminated against throughout history because of their sex.

Come on Binner you are better than this. It's the same reason why insults against a black person using their colour is racist whereas insults against a white person using their colour (ie gammon) isn't.

And with that I am done on the subject. Corbyn is an idiot and he'd be a bigger man if he would just own up and apologize.

Iron Lion Zion

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:19 - Dec 19 with 2958 viewsSpruceMoose

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:17 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

The answer is that men haven't been discriminated against throughout history because of their sex.

Come on Binner you are better than this. It's the same reason why insults against a black person using their colour is racist whereas insults against a white person using their colour (ie gammon) isn't.

And with that I am done on the subject. Corbyn is an idiot and he'd be a bigger man if he would just own up and apologize.

"Corbyn is an idiot and he'd be a bigger man if he would just own up and apologize."

I agree. I think it goes for many posters on here too.

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:21 - Dec 19 with 2939 viewsBrixtonBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:17 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

Unless, of course, he didn't say it.

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:22 - Dec 19 with 2936 viewsHARRY10

I was watching it live, and I saw him 'mutter' stupid woman.

That May nor others heard or saw it demonstrates what a bag of shy te those are who only after it was sent to them on twitter did they start to squeak.

It was actually in response to a rather idiotic reply she had just given. One that tried to deflect from MPs asking her to allow them to vote of the 'deal'. But as said, the Tories will make as much noise as they can to distract from the mess they have got the country into with this brexit nonsense.

Maybe if I set fire to my neighbour's house and the fireman calls me a stupid man that will be the real problem, not me setting fire to hs house.
All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:23 - Dec 19 with 2930 viewsnoggin

Haha! I love the outrage on here. Forget the brexit mess, let’s cry over a silly comment aimed at the people causing that mess.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:26 - Dec 19 with 2913 viewsGlasgowBlue

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:15 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

Almost as funny as that gif you have bookmarked. Seriously Glassers, don't be such a hypocrite. You occasionally have a good point. Don't ruin it with all this other stuff.

You're right. This is silly.

Can we have a cuddle and make up for Christmas*?

*Other religious festivals are available.

Iron Lion Zion

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:31 - Dec 19 with 2897 viewsbluelou

October:
..."Theresa May should “bring her own noose” to her next backbenchers’ meeting"

“The moment is coming when the knife gets heated, stuck in her front and twisted. She’ll be dead soon.”

Another said May was now entering “the killing zone”, and a third remarked: “Assassination is in the air.”

What hipocracy?

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:33 - Dec 19 with 2887 viewsSpruceMoose

All going down in HoC after PMQs on 14:26 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

You're right. This is silly.

Can we have a cuddle and make up for Christmas*?

*Other religious festivals are available.

SpruceMoose doesn't settle for cuddles. We are going all the way or we aren't leaving the station buddy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024