Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EVANS OUT! 16:38 - Dec 26 with 56926 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10 years of mismanagement. He’s killed us. He really has.

And the usual suspects that will reply with the usual bollox.. open your eyes. Look what we have become.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

EVANS OUT! on 16:11 - Dec 28 with 2266 viewspennblue

EVANS OUT! on 16:02 - Dec 28 by agentp

What exactly are you thinking about protesting for?

To get owners that can make us competitive. That can be Evans of course, but he will not or cannot invest more than current levels, I think he should be looking for other investors to come in for a share of the club.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

EVANS OUT! on 16:13 - Dec 28 with 2252 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 16:11 - Dec 28 by pennblue

To get owners that can make us competitive. That can be Evans of course, but he will not or cannot invest more than current levels, I think he should be looking for other investors to come in for a share of the club.

What different investors to the ones he has been looking for for years?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

EVANS OUT! on 16:13 - Dec 28 with 2252 viewsfooters

EVANS OUT! on 16:11 - Dec 28 by pennblue

I'm sure selling the club has never crossed his mind. You lot should write him a letter. Probably didn't realise he could not be losing millions a year.

Jesus, glad I've stayed off here over Christmas.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

EVANS OUT! on 16:18 - Dec 28 with 2240 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 15:58 - Dec 28 by The_Romford_Blue

If people hadn’t started responding with ‘buy the club then’ in the first place, I wouldn’t have kept reinforcing my point after every game.

Do you really not understand what that comment is shorthand for?

Its an inane position on your part. "Evans out" is absurd, because he owns the thing, and there is no one lurking in the sidelines desparate to double or triple the investment he is already making (and losing) each year.

No amount of whining by you will change that. It just creates a toxic atmosphere to the detriment of the club.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

EVANS OUT! on 16:18 - Dec 28 with 2240 viewsPJH

EVANS OUT! on 16:13 - Dec 28 by agentp

Well the adverts for a new Owner in the EADT and the Ipswich Jobcentre do not seem to be working so maybe a different approach is needed?
EVANS OUT! on 16:22 - Dec 28 with 2231 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 16:18 - Dec 28 by PJH

Well the adverts for a new Owner in the EADT and the Ipswich Jobcentre do not seem to be working so maybe a different approach is needed?

Good thinking - i'll do my bit. I've just painted a bedsheet and put a notice in the post office window,

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

EVANS OUT! on 16:26 - Dec 28 with 2226 viewsPJH

EVANS OUT! on 16:22 - Dec 28 by agentp

Good thinking - i'll do my bit. I've just painted a bedsheet and put a notice in the post office window,

Leaflets through neighbours doors perhaps?
EVANS OUT! on 16:32 - Dec 28 with 2217 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 16:26 - Dec 28 by PJH

Leaflets through neighbours doors perhaps?

Doing it now. Sh1t Ed's got a long driveway.

Login to get fewer ads

EVANS OUT! on 16:39 - Dec 28 with 2203 viewsm14_blue

EVANS OUT! on 15:28 - Dec 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I post ‘Evans Out’ after every defeat. Just to highlight that all anger about the sh1t we are in should be aimed at Hurst and him.

The way in that evans receiving criticism goes on here just shows that I need to carry on. Think of it as TWTD charity work from myself. I’m raising awareness to the way our owner has killed the club.

And every reply to wind me up or telling me to buy the club just motivates me to wind them up a bit more after the next inevitable loss.

Maybe I should grow up. Or maybe I should stop just caring. But I blame Evans for our demise.

Could you please explain to me how you think he has 'killed the club'.

Under Evans we have essentially moved from a top half Championship club to a bottom half Championship club. That's not great, it's frustrating, boring, and not what we expected but it's hardly 'killing the club'. You also have to take into account that the whole landscape of English football has changed irreversibly in this time due to the huge sums of money flooding into the PL.

Obviously things have deteriorated on the pitch this season but I thought Hurst looked like a decent bet at the time so it would be absurd for me to criticise the appointment too harshly now.

I'm not trying to be a mouthpiece for Evans, I'm just as frustrated by our lack of progress as anyone else, but he really isn't the devil incarnate that you paint him to be.

If he gets a decent offer that he thinks is in the best interests of the club he will sell, I literally don't know what else you want him to do?
EVANS OUT! on 16:52 - Dec 28 with 2184 viewspennblue

EVANS OUT! on 16:13 - Dec 28 by agentp

It all depends on what the club can be bought for. Whilst Evans is under no pressure to sell, ie. it is not harming his brand, and he is not losing loads of money, there is no incentive for him to sell and write off the debts.

If you have mass protests from the fans and demonstrations, he is far more likely to want to just get shot of the club.

The chances of that happening are fairly slim of course, as most people seem to be fairly apathetic about the whole situation, the fans and the players.

EVANS OUT! on 17:02 - Dec 28 with 2172 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 16:52 - Dec 28 by pennblue

It all depends on what the club can be bought for. Whilst Evans is under no pressure to sell, ie. it is not harming his brand, and he is not losing loads of money, there is no incentive for him to sell and write off the debts.

If you have mass protests from the fans and demonstrations, he is far more likely to want to just get shot of the club.

The chances of that happening are fairly slim of course, as most people seem to be fairly apathetic about the whole situation, the fans and the players.

He IS losing lots of money.

Protests will not make the club more attractive, but will reduce the prospects of its recovery by creating a toxic atmosphere which will inevitably impact the players.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

EVANS OUT! on 17:04 - Dec 28 with 2169 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 17:02 - Dec 28 by sparks

He IS losing lots of money.

Protests will not make the club more attractive, but will reduce the prospects of its recovery by creating a toxic atmosphere which will inevitably impact the players.

You know what? Evans' biggest error, imo, was dumping Magilton too early, as a result of pressure exerted by entitled idiots, creating a toxic atmosphere in and out of hte stadium, who thought that top half of the table was not good enough for them.

The same sort of entitlement we are seeing now.

EVANS OUT! on 17:09 - Dec 28 with 2165 viewsBluedandy

EVANS OUT! on 19:47 - Dec 27 by Superfrans

Derby have consistently attracted between 30% and 50% bigger attendances than we have over the past 50 years. They do even better than that currently, but there has always been a huge gulf between us in terms of ticket sales. Full data below...

Do I think we could have speculated better? Yes. I’m on record on here saying that we could and should have taken a punt occasionally, on a player such as Tom Lawrence, who we could have found the money for and would have been a fairly safe investment given how well he did for us on loan.

But there is no way that that would have bridged the gap. We are a club sitting around 30th to 40th in the league rankings overall, in terms of finances. Occasionally all clubs will be able to outperform that kind of position, but it also follows that all clubs will be at risk of underperforming too.

Fact is, we have held our natural position for most of the McCarthy years. This year we are underperforming and will probably go down.

Sadly, and however much we may all object, that is the natural order.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/derc.htm
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/ipst.htm

Wait a minute ... you state ''there has always been a huge gulf '' between us and Derby in terms of ticket sales ... really?

In 2005 - 2006 Town averaged 24.25K Derby 24.16K ... (so a year before Evans rocked up we were getting bigger crowds in the same division than the Rams) ...

and the season before? Town averaged 25.6K and Derby got 25.2K .... and the season before ... Town averaged 24.2K and Derby 22.2K .....

The current disparity in attendances between Town and Derby does not track some immutable law of nature but instead more accurately reflects the actions and decisions of our respective owners.

If Mel Morris supported and owned Ipswich and if Evans had instead gambled on Derby then I suspect our current attendances and league positions might be a little different ...

Still here's hoping the Godolphin story is not total pie in the sky ...
EVANS OUT! on 17:30 - Dec 28 with 2127 viewsRoyKeanesDog

EVANS OUT! on 14:18 - Dec 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Fair play to you.

I gave up arguing with Sparks a few pages ago. He simply refuses to see our point of view on this.

You haven't given a point of view other than that you want a billionaire to be in charge of the club.

How's Pandora?

Poll: Best Football Song

EVANS OUT! on 17:32 - Dec 28 with 2124 viewsRoyKeanesDog

EVANS OUT! on 15:58 - Dec 28 by The_Romford_Blue

If people hadn’t started responding with ‘buy the club then’ in the first place, I wouldn’t have kept reinforcing my point after every game.

What do you propose?

EVANS OUT! on 17:37 - Dec 28 with 2107 viewsRoyKeanesDog

EVANS OUT! on 17:09 - Dec 28 by Bluedandy

Wait a minute ... you state ''there has always been a huge gulf '' between us and Derby in terms of ticket sales ... really?

In 2005 - 2006 Town averaged 24.25K Derby 24.16K ... (so a year before Evans rocked up we were getting bigger crowds in the same division than the Rams) ...

and the season before? Town averaged 25.6K and Derby got 25.2K .... and the season before ... Town averaged 24.2K and Derby 22.2K .....

The current disparity in attendances between Town and Derby does not track some immutable law of nature but instead more accurately reflects the actions and decisions of our respective owners.

If Mel Morris supported and owned Ipswich and if Evans had instead gambled on Derby then I suspect our current attendances and league positions might be a little different ...

Still here's hoping the Godolphin story is not total pie in the sky ...

I'd rather Evans than Godolphin.

At least ME's money isn't generated from animal cruelty.

EVANS OUT! on 18:34 - Dec 28 with 2056 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 16:52 - Dec 28 by pennblue

No, not really. What the club can be bought for would be largely irrelevant in the great scheme of things. And yeah, he only lost peanuts last year £8m or so.

Oh, and it is damaging his brand and reputation I am sure. We are bottom of the Championship FFS it's hardly enhancing ME's profile is it. He is happy to get shot, but no one wants us.

Yeah, have a protest, unsettle the players when they need our support and encourage ME to sell to anyone rather than the progressive owner he is looking for - great idea.

I don't think anyone is apathetic of the situation. They maybe - just maybe, know a little more about it, than those that clearly cannot see that ME isn't exactly fighting off offers.

EVANS OUT! on 18:36 - Dec 28 with 2052 viewsfooters

EVANS OUT! on 18:34 - Dec 28 by agentp

No, not really. What the club can be bought for would be largely irrelevant in the great scheme of things. And yeah, he only lost peanuts last year £8m or so.

Oh, and it is damaging his brand and reputation I am sure. We are bottom of the Championship FFS it's hardly enhancing ME's profile is it. He is happy to get shot, but no one wants us.

Yeah, have a protest, unsettle the players when they need our support and encourage ME to sell to anyone rather than the progressive owner he is looking for - great idea.

I don't think anyone is apathetic of the situation. They maybe - just maybe, know a little more about it, than those that clearly cannot see that ME isn't exactly fighting off offers.

No calls from the Post Office window ad yet?

Mind you, it is dark out.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

EVANS OUT! on 18:45 - Dec 28 with 2037 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 18:36 - Dec 28 by footers

No calls from the Post Office window ad yet?

Mind you, it is dark out.

Only one from Rommers who is still trying to get his head around the figures.

EVANS OUT! on 20:39 - Dec 28 with 1981 viewspennblue

EVANS OUT! on 18:34 - Dec 28 by agentp

£8m is peanuts in football, that IS the point. That IS why Derby have our player of the year sitting on their bench, we cannot compete.

So I think the difference between having an owner which invests nothing, zero, zilch, and one that pumps in £8m per season if pretty insignificant.

In fact at those levels, we are pretty close to the Supporters being able to cobble enough together to run the club.

EVANS OUT! on 22:34 - Dec 28 with 1935 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 20:39 - Dec 28 by pennblue

£8m is peanuts in football, that IS the point. That IS why Derby have our player of the year sitting on their bench, we cannot compete.

So I think the difference between having an owner which invests nothing, zero, zilch, and one that pumps in £8m per season if pretty insignificant.

In fact at those levels, we are pretty close to the Supporters being able to cobble enough together to run the club.

I agree £8m is peanuts in football, but we are only allowed to lose £13m a year. that extra £5m is also insignificant in the currency of peanuts and the relevance of football.

As for paragraph two, I think the difference between an owner that invests £8m to one that invests zero is very significant. Without the £8m we wouldn't have a club, and i don't see ITFC as insignificant.

As for paragraph 3, yeah go for it - sort it out,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024