Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EVANS OUT! 16:38 - Dec 26 with 57337 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10 years of mismanagement. He’s killed us. He really has.

And the usual suspects that will reply with the usual bollox.. open your eyes. Look what we have become.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

EVANS OUT! on 22:22 - Dec 27 with 5608 viewsagentp

EVANS OUT! on 22:15 - Dec 27 by The_Romford_Blue

See.

Here we go again. It’s always exaggerations and ridiculousness with you lot. Where have I mentioned he has to spend ‘tens or hundreds of millions’. Never.

All I’ve ever said is we deserve an owner who can:
A) Be bothered to attend more matches than not.
B) Sort the team/squad/management/resources to a level that will give us a chance of promotion.

There’s not a single person here who can honestly say under his ownership, we have a realistic chance of promotion at any stage in the last 3/4 years. He’s backing us to the level of to survive and no more.

The way football is I cannot see that he can do much more. He could never put in an amount of money that would compete with relegated clubs. MM created a false sense of security in the VFM stakes and once he was gone it became relevant we were further adrift than everyone thought.

Sunderland had 46k in L1 the other day. They didn't attract a buyer in the form of rich oligarch either, instead a consortium.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 10:48]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

EVANS OUT! on 22:32 - Dec 27 with 5585 viewsDennyx4

EVANS OUT! on 19:47 - Dec 27 by Superfrans

Derby have consistently attracted between 30% and 50% bigger attendances than we have over the past 50 years. They do even better than that currently, but there has always been a huge gulf between us in terms of ticket sales. Full data below...

Do I think we could have speculated better? Yes. I’m on record on here saying that we could and should have taken a punt occasionally, on a player such as Tom Lawrence, who we could have found the money for and would have been a fairly safe investment given how well he did for us on loan.

But there is no way that that would have bridged the gap. We are a club sitting around 30th to 40th in the league rankings overall, in terms of finances. Occasionally all clubs will be able to outperform that kind of position, but it also follows that all clubs will be at risk of underperforming too.

Fact is, we have held our natural position for most of the McCarthy years. This year we are underperforming and will probably go down.

Sadly, and however much we may all object, that is the natural order.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/derc.htm
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/ipst.htm

Thanks Frans, maybe Derby is a poor comparison. Forest is closer from the link below. Also worth noting that the average attendance all the way through the 00's was over 20,000 each season - so not that long ago.

I still maintain though that the model that Evans has created has also led to loss of fans, which in turn has affected the revenue of the club, and also the likelihood of the club being successful.

Finally the neglect of letting contracts run down on valuable assets is worrying as a business model. Most clubs have worked that one out long ago.
EVANS OUT! on 23:11 - Dec 27 with 5549 viewssparks

See.

Here we go again. It’s always exaggerations and ridiculousness with you lot. Where have I mentioned he has to spend ‘tens or hundreds of millions’. Never.

B) Sort the team/squad/management/resources to a level that will give us a chance of promotion.

There’s not a single person here who can honestly say under his ownership, we have a realistic chance of promotion at any stage in the last 3/4 years. He’s backing us to the level of to survive and no more.

What difference does his attendance make?

What finances do you see you "deserve"? And why do you deserve it?

What annual injection of cash does an owner who you "deserve" give to your club to keep you happy?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

EVANS OUT! on 23:17 - Dec 27 with 5539 viewsLord_Lucan

See.

With regards to A

You are obviously not ITK
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 10:01]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EVANS OUT! on 03:39 - Dec 28 with 5467 viewsMoriarty

EVANS OUT! on 23:11 - Dec 27 by sparks

What difference does his attendance make?

What finances do you see you "deserve"? And why do you deserve it?

What annual injection of cash does an owner who you "deserve" give to your club to keep you happy?

The OP has a view on our owner. I think his views are self entitled and unfair and yet when next we lose, suit will be followed.

I departed this site some time ago when some utter idiot on here defamed an Irish mother whose baby died tragically. That utter idiot (not the OP) and a couple of others took it upon themselves to accuse her in a most unfair and idiotic way of negligence. Said idiots did not resile from their stupidity even when the facts came to light. Judgemental idiots bereft of decency, common sense and humanity.

The OP suggested to me on that aforementioned thread that I was taking the internet too seriously. So it should be relatively easy to surmise what I think of his incessant repetitive guff each time we lose.

I started posting again intermittently, partly, I think in the hope that our club would bravely reconnect with its past and appoint GB. I think the club missed a trick but in some ways I’m not that upset. I support Lambert and think if he had succeeded Mick (or even if GB had done), we’d be in a better place.

I’ve heard a few interesting rumors lately at a bash here in Dublin. It’s funny how news goes. Or doesn’t.

Evans has pumped in a huge sums since he took the club. To me, Evans has backed his managers and those clamouring for young and hungry pre Hurst still relentlessly blame Evans. They got what they wanted. The head of a genuine and decent manager on a plate (MMcC). He endured disgusting abuse towards the end of his tenure.

We’re fu@ked because of Hurst. And the empty vessels who made incessant noise during MM because of notions of what we should be. Incessant noise like the OP treats us to each time we
lose.

I’d have been in multiple organism terrain if GB got the gig. I’m backing Lambert. Even if we go down.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 3:41]

fka omuircheartaigh

EVANS OUT! on 05:32 - Dec 28 with 5436 viewsBenters2

See.

I make you right Rommy.

But look back when me and the Top Gear crew said town lacked ambition in the transfer market,we were ridiculed and mocked.So finally it has caught us up,we sold our besties and didn’t replace them like for like.

What concerns me now is,even if Evans did pump in a load of money in January (I don’t think he will tbh) is there enough time for the players to gel to get us out of the bottom 3 ? Not only that who wants to come to the team propping up the rest of the league?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 5:44]
EVANS OUT! on 08:07 - Dec 28 with 5399 viewsRoyKeanesDog

EVANS OUT! on 20:05 - Dec 27 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s not insulting.

Any anti Evans post is met with the same old, same old.

What are you proposing? You haven't answered this once, which is why I keep asking it.

By the way- it is insulting.

Poll: Best Football Song

EVANS OUT! on 08:41 - Dec 28 with 5362 viewsSwansea_Blue

EVANS OUT! on 22:22 - Dec 27 by agentp

The way football is I cannot see that he can do much more. He could never put in an amount of money that would compete with relegated clubs. MM created a false sense of security in the VFM stakes and once he was gone it became relevant we were further adrift than everyone thought.

Sunderland had 46k in L1 the other day. They didn't attract a buyer in the form of rich oligarch either, instead a consortium.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 10:48]

He can stop fecking up the main decisions for a start. And if that's beyond him, he could put in a different structure that makes those decisions, one based locally and that works for us full time, or he could try harder to find a new owner.

Rommers is spot on. We're in the worst state we've been in for many decades and people are giving Evans a free pass. He's been a disaster for us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

EVANS OUT! on 08:44 - Dec 28 with 5349 viewsBenters2

EVANS OUT! on 08:41 - Dec 28 by Swansea_Blue

He can stop fecking up the main decisions for a start. And if that's beyond him, he could put in a different structure that makes those decisions, one based locally and that works for us full time, or he could try harder to find a new owner.

Rommers is spot on. We're in the worst state we've been in for many decades and people are giving Evans a free pass. He's been a disaster for us.

Evans out then !

Well not out.

Evans Evans sort it out.
EVANS OUT! on 08:45 - Dec 28 with 5353 viewsBrixtonBlue

Which decisions did you disagree with at the time?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

EVANS OUT! on 08:49 - Dec 28 with 5346 viewsSwansea_Blue

EVANS OUT! on 08:45 - Dec 28 by BrixtonBlue

Which decisions did you disagree with at the time?

Keane for a start. But you're missing the point. He continually gets things wrong. He's running our club, not me. Whether fans agree is neither here nor there.

EVANS OUT! on 08:52 - Dec 28 with 5346 viewschicoazul

He should do what I have been saying he should do for a while now. Sell up, take the loss, go away. It's not like he can't afford it. He has been a disaster for us pretty much from the word go. The idea that he somehow "saved" us from admin or whatever is fair but ultimately questionable and even if it is true that doesn't absolve him from the catastrophe he has visited on us since then.
But I have a strong feeling the Banter Era will be ending soon and that he will indeed be selling.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EVANS OUT! on 08:54 - Dec 28 with 5340 viewschicoazul

EVANS OUT! on 08:49 - Dec 28 by Swansea_Blue

Keane for a start. But you're missing the point. He continually gets things wrong. He's running our club, not me. Whether fans agree is neither here nor there.

As if it even matters what you or anyone else thought at the time anyway? As you rightly say, Evans has been a disaster.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EVANS OUT! on 09:00 - Dec 28 with 5325 viewsBenters2

EVANS OUT! on 08:54 - Dec 28 by chicoazul

As if it even matters what you or anyone else thought at the time anyway? As you rightly say, Evans has been a disaster.

This.
EVANS OUT! on 09:51 - Dec 28 with 5294 viewsRoyKeanesDog

What do you suggest then?

Poll: Best Football Song

EVANS OUT! on 09:58 - Dec 28 with 5283 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 09:51 - Dec 28 by RoyKeanesDog

None of them suggest anything. They wont even suggest what amount of money a "good owner" is required to spend each year to keep them happy.

Effectively, all of these posts translate to "Its not fair. Someone must be to blame. Im entitled to a club which wins things and someone is obliged to pay for it".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

EVANS OUT! on 10:04 - Dec 28 with 5278 viewsLord_Lucan

EVANS OUT! on 09:58 - Dec 28 by sparks

None of them suggest anything. They wont even suggest what amount of money a "good owner" is required to spend each year to keep them happy.

Effectively, all of these posts translate to "Its not fair. Someone must be to blame. Im entitled to a club which wins things and someone is obliged to pay for it".

Yes, this is pretty much how it comes across to me. They haven't got a plan, if they had one I would sit up and take note but it's just playground posturing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EVANS OUT! on 10:24 - Dec 28 with 5248 viewsBluebell

Well said!

Not once in all this thread has anyone suggested an alternative despite being asked by several posters.
EVANS OUT! on 10:28 - Dec 28 with 5245 viewsSwansea_Blue

EVANS OUT! on 09:51 - Dec 28 by RoyKeanesDog

We could try any one of the following.
1. Installing a new management structure - senior football person & board/chairman to run things in ME's absence & dropping his current 'advisors'
2. Having a recruitment 'group' comprising person, the manager, and other football heads at the club, e.g. Clegg & head of scouting (we can't let managers waste what little money there is, like Hurst did)
3. Trippling efforts to find a buyer. Probably needs a bit of a campaign around marketing the club, playing on our history as that's all we've got left.

Or we could carry on with more of the same... do you think the current set up is working?

EVANS OUT! on 10:29 - Dec 28 with 5228 viewsBenters2

M'Lord,for the record me and the Top Gear crew could see this happeniing years ago.

How we were mocked yet its all gone tits.

We said LACK OF SPENDINGZ DA MONEYZ showed a lack of ambition from Evans.

Fancy supporting a team that is actually trying to go up a league,rather than down..

Living the dream.
EVANS OUT! on 10:36 - Dec 28 with 5209 viewsartsbossbeard

EVANS OUT! on 10:29 - Dec 28 by Benters2

M'Lord,for the record me and the Top Gear crew could see this happeniing years ago.

Fancy supporting a team that is actually trying to go up a league,rather than down..

Living the dream.

Let's be honest here benters, nobody took you lot seriously as you spent you're collective time following a young lad around on here whilst also posting hate filled tripe in his downtime.

You're welcome.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

EVANS OUT! on 10:36 - Dec 28 with 5204 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 10:29 - Dec 28 by Benters2

Living the dream.

How much money should an owner be spending each year to keep you happy?

EVANS OUT! on 10:36 - Dec 28 with 5201 viewsartsbossbeard

EVANS OUT! on 10:04 - Dec 28 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, this is pretty much how it comes across to me. They haven't got a plan, if they had one I would sit up and take note but it's just playground posturing.

I make you right.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

EVANS OUT! on 10:38 - Dec 28 with 5194 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rubbish. The disgruntlement isn't about spending money, it's about us being in a terminal decline ever since ME took over. As others have said, your position plays the man not the ball. If you ignore other posters for a bit and ask yourself if we have prospered under ME, what answer do you come up with? Do you want us to carry on in a downward spiral?

EVANS OUT! on 10:38 - Dec 28 with 5193 viewsartsbossbeard

EVANS OUT! on 10:36 - Dec 28 by sparks

How much money should an owner be spending each year to keep you happy?

Gazillions x 1000

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024