Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EVANS OUT! 16:38 - Dec 26 with 57344 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10 years of mismanagement. He’s killed us. He really has.

And the usual suspects that will reply with the usual bollox.. open your eyes. Look what we have become.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

EVANS OUT! on 14:14 - Dec 27 with 3482 viewsRoyKeanesDog

EVANS OUT! on 10:36 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

Fair point, but the “If you don’t like Evans, find a buyer yourself” narrative that people use as a response to criticism of Evans is plain stupid. The fans need to be putting pressure on Evans to sell in the only way we can - banners, chants, protests etc. You can still support the team and tell the owner you want him out. They are not mutually exclusive.

That's a great idea, I'm sure it would do the relegation fighting team the world of good in confidence.

It's not as if he is standing in our way of becoming Man City. Nobody wants to buy us because we're not an attractive option at the moment, and part of that is due to fans like yourself.

You should be ashamed of yourself if I'm honest.

Poll: Best Football Song

EVANS OUT! on 14:22 - Dec 27 with 3471 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

EVANS OUT! on 14:14 - Dec 27 by RoyKeanesDog

That's a great idea, I'm sure it would do the relegation fighting team the world of good in confidence.

It's not as if he is standing in our way of becoming Man City. Nobody wants to buy us because we're not an attractive option at the moment, and part of that is due to fans like yourself.

It's proper numbskullery.

Annoy Evans, currently keeping the club afloat and potentially put off a buyer who could think the fans are a bunch of utter clowns.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

EVANS OUT! on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 3441 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

EVANS OUT! on 14:00 - Dec 27 by Dennyx4

Not sure we speculated in the summer either though.

New signings I will give you, and we needed a few with the loss of players at the end of last season. The recruitment was poor - no arguments with that, but again we made more money than we spent.

I will ask a similar question, who was the last permanent signing you thought "that shows ambition" - For me that was probably Chopra.

Fair point re speculating, we did sell to buy, but Nsiala, Nolan, Harrison and Jackson were all signings for decent fees but theoretically with potential to grow in value

They’ve all been largely crap

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

EVANS OUT! on 14:43 - Dec 27 with 3443 viewspatrickswell

EVANS OUT! on 14:14 - Dec 27 by RoyKeanesDog

Baa baa,carry on little sheep - you and all the other little forelock tuggers who are content to watch this club die under the current regime.

And as for the poster who said that fan protests might put off prospective buyers, remember that any protest comes after 10 years of Evans’s reign, not 6 months. I think people have been more than patient with Evans - in fact it seems that there’s plenty on here who would be happy for it to go on for another 10 years and when we drop to League Two in a few years time, we’ll hear, “Well, he puts £1 million a year in...”
EVANS OUT! on 15:25 - Dec 27 with 3415 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 14:43 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

Baa baa,carry on little sheep - you and all the other little forelock tuggers who are content to watch this club die under the current regime.

And as for the poster who said that fan protests might put off prospective buyers, remember that any protest comes after 10 years of Evans’s reign, not 6 months. I think people have been more than patient with Evans - in fact it seems that there’s plenty on here who would be happy for it to go on for another 10 years and when we drop to League Two in a few years time, we’ll hear, “Well, he puts £1 million a year in...”

This is one of the most pigheadedly ignorant posts I have seen on TWTD- whcih is saying something.

People have taken the trouble to explain articulately adn carefully precisely why they take issue with what you are saying. Your response is to call them sheep and "forelock tuggers" despite it being abundantly clear to anyone capable of reading that their reasons and arguments are nothing to do with being sheep or being deferential.

In this post- Trump world, it seems to have become fashionabel to actively revel in one's own blinkered ignorance and stupidity.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

EVANS OUT! on 15:43 - Dec 27 with 3408 viewstomo

I think he’s alright.
EVANS OUT! on 16:02 - Dec 27 with 3387 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I'm convinced!

Poll: Best Football Song

EVANS OUT! on 18:43 - Dec 27 with 3313 viewssundaze

So what are you actually going to do about the situation? What is your plan? How are you going to lead us into this uprising?
It's all well and good spitting out the dummy and wanting some mythical billionaire to come to the rescue, but meanwhile in the real world you are just as much a little sheep as the next person.
Login to get fewer ads

EVANS OUT! on 18:48 - Dec 27 with 3305 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 18:43 - Dec 27 by sundaze

So what are you actually going to do about the situation? What is your plan? How are you going to lead us into this uprising?
It's all well and good spitting out the dummy and wanting some mythical billionaire to come to the rescue, but meanwhile in the real world you are just as much a little sheep as the next person.

Not even a sheep. Just some sort of primitive who is unable to think or reason, but is dominated by instinctive agression and wanting to lash out at a target because football makes him sad. Even when reason and discussion is offered, he appears unable to engage because his emotive reaction is to blame someone- and he can't reason beyond that.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

EVANS OUT! on 19:07 - Dec 27 with 3285 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'it seems that there’s plenty on here who would be happy for it to go on for another 10 years and when we drop to League Two in a few years time, we’ll hear, “Well, he puts £1 million a year in...”

Bang on !!! This is going to be the case indeed. That section of Town so called 'fans' will keep accepting whatever Evans does.

The owners like Mike Ashley, Karl Oyston, Roland Duchatelet, Ellis Short etc etc... would all love to be in Evans ' shoes. Ipswich hmmm such smashing, easy going and 'understandable' fanbase.
EVANS OUT! on 19:10 - Dec 27 with 3284 viewspatrickswell

EVANS OUT! on 18:43 - Dec 27 by sundaze

The tragedy is if anyone does try and stand up to change things, people like you, Sparks, RoyKeane’sDog and others will be there telling us that we’re destroying the club. “Sit down, shut up, eat your gruel and be grateful.”
EVANS OUT! on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 3263 viewssundaze

EVANS OUT! on 19:10 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

The tragedy is if anyone does try and stand up to change things, people like you, Sparks, RoyKeane’sDog and others will be there telling us that we’re destroying the club. “Sit down, shut up, eat your gruel and be grateful.”

Have I told you to shut up? I asked you to tell me your plan, I am still waiting for an answer.
EVANS OUT! on 19:19 - Dec 27 with 3262 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

EVANS OUT! on 18:48 - Dec 27 by sparks

Not even a sheep. Just some sort of primitive who is unable to think or reason, but is dominated by instinctive agression and wanting to lash out at a target because football makes him sad. Even when reason and discussion is offered, he appears unable to engage because his emotive reaction is to blame someone- and he can't reason beyond that.

Just because people don’t like the way Evans has handled our great club, you have to be rude and insulting.

Shame.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

EVANS OUT! on 19:21 - Dec 27 with 3251 viewspatrickswell

EVANS OUT! on 18:48 - Dec 27 by sparks

Reason and discussion so far in response to mine and others unhappiness at the direction that our club has gone in under this owner amounts to two lines of thinking:

1) Unless I or Romford or whoever has an investor ready to call Marcus tomorrow then our opinions are null and void.

2) Offending the owner is seen as far worse than the decline he has led us into.

Sorry Sparks but as far as this primitive is concerned, the articulate opinions that yourselves and others are apparently putting over are bunkum.
EVANS OUT! on 19:26 - Dec 27 with 3240 viewspatrickswell

EVANS OUT! on 19:18 - Dec 27 by sundaze

Have I told you to shut up? I asked you to tell me your plan, I am still waiting for an answer.

I set up a fan group to protest at the end of every home game for the rest of the season.
The group petitions to have a meeting with Marcus Evans to discuss concerns that fans have with the running of the club.
The group’s objective is to encourage Marcus Evans to look for a buyer.

Are you in?
EVANS OUT! on 19:33 - Dec 27 with 3234 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 19:19 - Dec 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Just because people don’t like the way Evans has handled our great club, you have to be rude and insulting.

Shame.

I suggest you read a little more carefully. Not liking the way Evans has handled our once great club is not the point made. The point made was the utterly arrogant refusal to even contemplate engaging with what people are actually saying, in preference for calling them all "sheep" and "forelock tuggers".

EVANS OUT! on 19:34 - Dec 27 with 3235 viewssundaze

EVANS OUT! on 19:07 - Dec 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

'it seems that there’s plenty on here who would be happy for it to go on for another 10 years and when we drop to League Two in a few years time, we’ll hear, “Well, he puts £1 million a year in...”

Bang on !!! This is going to be the case indeed. That section of Town so called 'fans' will keep accepting whatever Evans does.

The owners like Mike Ashley, Karl Oyston, Roland Duchatelet, Ellis Short etc etc... would all love to be in Evans ' shoes. Ipswich hmmm such smashing, easy going and 'understandable' fanbase.

As I have told you before, you really need to read up on Karl Oyston, he is a completely different case altogether. Just google any Blackpool FC fans sites, there is no comparison at all with Evans, thankfully.
It's also worth noting that at the start of this season there was a number of Norwich supporters wanting Delia to sell up, they weren't happy that they had to sell their best player to Leicester and she wasn't investing enough in the club.
EVANS OUT! on 19:34 - Dec 27 with 3230 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 19:21 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

Reason and discussion so far in response to mine and others unhappiness at the direction that our club has gone in under this owner amounts to two lines of thinking:

1) Unless I or Romford or whoever has an investor ready to call Marcus tomorrow then our opinions are null and void.

2) Offending the owner is seen as far worse than the decline he has led us into.

Sorry Sparks but as far as this primitive is concerned, the articulate opinions that yourselves and others are apparently putting over are bunkum.

You have not engaged with a single point made. You are wallowing and revelling in your own intellectual pit, refusing to even consider looking beyond your emotive reactions. Dont expect others to respect that.

EVANS OUT! on 19:36 - Dec 27 with 3226 viewssparks

EVANS OUT! on 19:26 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

I set up a fan group to protest at the end of every home game for the rest of the season.
The group petitions to have a meeting with Marcus Evans to discuss concerns that fans have with the running of the club.

Are you in?

Lets make this clear-

If you start protests at games, creating a poisonous atmosphere, like those utter morons did with Jim Magilton, you are complicit in relgation, if it happens.

We COULD have a sensible discussion about whether a buyer is realistic and what sort of buyer wouldbe appropriate. But you wont even indicate what a 'committed owner' would have to invest each year to satisfy you.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 19:41]

EVANS OUT! on 19:43 - Dec 27 with 3213 viewsTonyj

EVANS OUT! on 19:34 - Dec 27 by sundaze

As I have told you before, you really need to read up on Karl Oyston, he is a completely different case altogether. Just google any Blackpool FC fans sites, there is no comparison at all with Evans, thankfully.
It's also worth noting that at the start of this season there was a number of Norwich supporters wanting Delia to sell up, they weren't happy that they had to sell their best player to Leicester and she wasn't investing enough in the club.

Norwich held a recent meeting (agm?) where they basically told the fans straight that the club will never over invest again. The plan will only be to seek steady organic progress, even if that means relegations sometimes. Surviving and staying close to the fans are the number one goals.

I suppose this is easier to accept when that plan is apparently working for now, but looking at the mess Ipswich are staring at, worth the 'I want it all' brigade taking note.
EVANS OUT! on 19:45 - Dec 27 with 3209 viewssundaze

EVANS OUT! on 19:26 - Dec 27 by patrickswell

Are you in?

Where do I find the info about the fan group?
I understand that Evans is looking for a buyer, but as Phil has stated, none with enough money have come forward as yet.
Will your fan group be willing to accept anyone as a new owner, even if they have less money to invest than Evans?

It all sounds a little vague at the moment, but I am looking forward to hearing how your meeting with Evan's goes.
EVANS OUT! on 19:46 - Dec 27 with 3206 viewsMach_foreignBlue

EVANS OUT! on 19:34 - Dec 27 by sundaze

Enlighten us then in what aspect is Evans better? Majority of Blackpool fans have been voicing their anger and displeasure. Oyston would have an easy life in Ipswich just like other awful owners.

People like you and everyone else who has been defending Evans. If we are relegated that will be for you all. You all who have been defending that pest firmly deserve relegation.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 19:52]
EVANS OUT! on 19:47 - Dec 27 with 3203 viewsSuperfrans

EVANS OUT! on 11:49 - Dec 27 by Dennyx4

Sorry disagree with your facts - We do not generate enough income because of Evans strategy.

Realistically, we should be able to compete with teams like Derby, that have not been in the Premier League lately and do not have parachute payments, however we do not.

The real difference is that Derby speculate to accumulate - they take gambles on buying proven players, with a real ambition of getting back into the top flight. When they then need to sell they have players that are worth enough to recoup (Vydra).

This has the fans on board, and you can easily see from the gates that they get.

Who was the last signing we got enthusiastic about?

Why has Evans not learnt about contracts - he lets his assets leave for nothing (Leadbitter, Macauley, Mcgoldrick - the list goes on) Knudsen is probably the next.

Derby have consistently attracted between 30% and 50% bigger attendances than we have over the past 50 years. They do even better than that currently, but there has always been a huge gulf between us in terms of ticket sales. Full data below...

Do I think we could have speculated better? Yes. I’m on record on here saying that we could and should have taken a punt occasionally, on a player such as Tom Lawrence, who we could have found the money for and would have been a fairly safe investment given how well he did for us on loan.

But there is no way that that would have bridged the gap. We are a club sitting around 30th to 40th in the league rankings overall, in terms of finances. Occasionally all clubs will be able to outperform that kind of position, but it also follows that all clubs will be at risk of underperforming too.

Fact is, we have held our natural position for most of the McCarthy years. This year we are underperforming and will probably go down.

Sadly, and however much we may all object, that is the natural order.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/derc.htm
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/ipst.htm

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

EVANS OUT! on 19:51 - Dec 27 with 3196 viewsChiefXL

EVANS OUT! on 21:36 - Dec 26 by Lord_Lucan

Things aren't all black and white and sh1t happens.

I'd discuss further but I've eaten a bar of Bournville and my stomach is churning, plus I'm about to watch Adriana get whacked by Silvio.

Anyway R, as a life long socialist surely bank rolling promotion goes against your principles.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 21:37]

Still feel bad for the lass.
Time doesn't heal all wounds.
EVANS OUT! on 19:51 - Dec 27 with 3193 viewssundaze

EVANS OUT! on 19:46 - Dec 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Enlighten us then in what aspect is Evans better? Majority of Blackpool fans have been voicing their anger and displeasure. Oyston would have an easy life in Ipswich just like other awful owners.

People like you and everyone else who has been defending Evans. If we are relegated that will be for you all. You all who have been defending that pest firmly deserve relegation.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 19:52]

And yet you still have no idea why the Blackpool supporters are so angry and upset with Oyston.
Take a little time to research what you are writing about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024