Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday 07:46 - Jan 24 with 4993 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My favourite ever footballing memory came in that away end when Huws scored the winner their a couple of years ago. I turned round in the celebrations and my relatively quiet grandad was going ape sh*t with all the lads behind us. His face in that moment absolutely made the day for me.

A few of us going and getting into Brum about noon and a few ciders/vodka lemonades on the train up. There’s rail issues too so we have to change at Banbury rather than straight there from High Wycombe.

Of the 3 games they’ve came to so far (Millwall, Reading And Stoke), we’ve conceded 7 goals and scored just twice. The Millwall performance was probably our worst this season whereas Reading was one of the better ones (best even?). Hopefully we can play abit like the latter eh?

Who’s going anyway? Reckon we’ll have about 1200 there ish and a 2 or 3 nil loss.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 7:50]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:04 - Jan 24 with 3522 viewsSteve_M

Yep, I'm going. My two visits to Villa Park have both been defeats, I missed the win as I was on crutches and not very mobile at the time.

There's a slim chance of a sh1thouse 1-0 again but more likely we'll make enough mistakes to give Villa 2-0 win.

See you there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:06 - Jan 24 with 3513 viewstextbackup

it beat the Barnsley draw?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:17 - Jan 24 with 3483 viewsBenters2

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:06 - Jan 24 by textbackup

Scenes absolute scenes 😇
I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:17 - Jan 24 with 3484 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll be there.

I've never seen Town win at Villa Park and this goes back to the '81 Semi final.

Bloody Paul Power.

What's the train issue? I've left this with a mate to book and we're heading up to Brum from London - is there a faff about required?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:19 - Jan 24 with 3476 viewsHerbivore

I'm going. First visit to Villa Park for me. As mentioned elsewhere my away record is fairly solid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:28 - Jan 24 with 3457 viewsSteve_M

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:17 - Jan 24 by artsbossbeard

I'll be there.

I've never seen Town win at Villa Park and this goes back to the '81 Semi final.

Bloody Paul Power.

What's the train issue? I've left this with a mate to book and we're heading up to Brum from London - is there a faff about required?

No, it's fine from London.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:30 - Jan 24 with 3447 viewsartsbossbeard

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:28 - Jan 24 by Steve_M

No, it's fine from London.

Cheers Steve, much appreciated.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:32 - Jan 24 with 3442 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:04 - Jan 24 by Steve_M

Yep, I'm going. My two visits to Villa Park have both been defeats, I missed the win as I was on crutches and not very mobile at the time.

There's a slim chance of a sh1thouse 1-0 again but more likely we'll make enough mistakes to give Villa 2-0 win.

See you there.

Think Villa are averaging 2 goals a game at home, but are conceding a few too. That’s our chink of light.

Still we’ll let in at least 2, as we have for 13 away games in a row. Just need to score 3.... :(
Login to get fewer ads

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:36 - Jan 24 with 3418 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Only just

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:40 - Jan 24 with 3404 viewsITFC_Forever

Evans out post incoming at 4.55pm Saturday.

Another 0-2 defeat, following the all to familiar patten.... do ok for a while, make mistake and concede, don't look like getting back in to it and home side score another at some point.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:10 - Jan 24 with 3336 viewsHerbivore

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:40 - Jan 24 by ITFC_Forever

Another 0-2 defeat, following the all to familiar patten.... do ok for a while, make mistake and concede, don't look like getting back in to it and home side score another at some point.

Whilst that might normally be the case you're missing the crucial fact that I'm going.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:32 - Jan 24 with 3278 viewsGuthrum

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:10 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

Whilst that might normally be the case you're missing the crucial fact that I'm going.

As am I. We won the last time I went to Villa Park.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:51 - Jan 24 with 3242 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL I was going to mock that too, but really it’s to Rommy’s credit that that’s as good as it’s got for him and still he retains this enthusiasm

Also a fairly sad indictment of the past few years

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:52 - Jan 24 with 3238 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:40 - Jan 24 by ITFC_Forever

Followed by numerous posts about how we were the better team and unlucky etc etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:55 - Jan 24 with 3233 viewsGlasgowBlue

The last time I went to Villa Park I was 17 years old and I had my heart broken by an injury time free kick from Paul Power.

Also the last time I saw the Beat in an Ipswich shirt.

That game still haunts me and I’ve never wanted to go back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 24 with 3206 viewsGuthrum

The biggest downside of Villa is that extremely unpleasant pub, with its shiny carpets, not enough room, 12-foot walls and guards on the gate who charge you to get in.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:07 - Jan 24 with 3204 viewsJimmy86

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 08:36 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Only just

What about Beckham's free-kick against Greece at Old Trafford to take us to the world cup? What a cracking free-kick that was, always sends shivers down my spine.
I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:07 - Jan 24 with 3201 viewsartsbossbeard

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:55 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

The last time I went to Villa Park I was 17 years old and I had my heart broken by an injury time free kick from Paul Power.

Also the last time I saw the Beat in an Ipswich shirt.

That game still haunts me and I’ve never wanted to go back.

Extra time (goal on 100 minutes).

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:11 - Jan 24 with 3180 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:07 - Jan 24 by artsbossbeard

Extra time (goal on 100 minutes).

Yeah meant to type extra time. First time it had been introduced wasn’t it? Before then it would have gone to a reply after 90 minutes.

Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:13 - Jan 24 with 3172 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:07 - Jan 24 by Jimmy86

What about Beckham's free-kick against Greece at Old Trafford to take us to the world cup? What a cracking free-kick that was, always sends shivers down my spine.

I was 3

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 3157 viewsBluebell

We can't go Saturday which is a shame as it would only take about an hour to get there.

I have never seen us win there and with Keith Stroud as ref I doubt we will get anything out of the game.

Villa aren't doing quite so well at the moment with Grealish injured and it would have been a good chance for us but I would bet big money that Villa are given a penalty!
I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 3138 viewsSteve_M

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

The biggest downside of Villa is that extremely unpleasant pub, with its shiny carpets, not enough room, 12-foot walls and guards on the gate who charge you to get in.

Although if you get in early enough you could come and join us more centrally.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:55 - Jan 24 with 3068 viewsHerbivore

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Is that the one near the ground? I might drink in the city if it's that bad.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 11:00 - Jan 24 with 3053 viewstextbackup

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 09:51 - Jan 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL I was going to mock that too, but really it’s to Rommy’s credit that that’s as good as it’s got for him and still he retains this enthusiasm

Also a fairly sad indictment of the past few years

absolutely, I want to cuddle him tightly after hearing a 1-0 nothing win at villa is his best away memory. it makes my heart ache for him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 11:03 - Jan 24 with 3039 viewsGuthrum

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday on 10:55 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

Is that the one near the ground? I might drink in the city if it's that bad.

Yes, the Witton Arms. Little more than a holding pen for football fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024