Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex defends Steve 09:43 - Jan 28 with 2158 viewsGarv

Too right as well.

I usually enjoy Danny Murphy's punditry and Ruud Gullit's can be mixed but I thought they were both out of order talking about Bruce before the Chelsea game on the BBC. It was a non story really and Bruce should have got credit if anything. Alex Scott tried to make this point and was overulled. Shame.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Alex defends Steve on 09:53 - Jan 28 with 2088 viewsFixed_It

What did they say that irked you so much? Was it about his weight/nose/Naarwich connections?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Alex defends Steve on 09:57 - Jan 28 with 2077 viewsITFC_Forever

Missed the conversation, but is this around Steve Bruce not starting in the SWFC job until 1st February?

I think they have a point. SWFC shouldn't have allowed it... how can they allow the manager of the first team (and one of the most important people in the club) to not start in his position until after one of the most critical months of the year (the January window).

I can understand why Bruce's reasons, but if I was SWFC, I'd have sympathised with him and moved on to the next candidate in a "Right man, wrong time" approach.

Whether Steve Bruce is the right man or not, lord knows - but while he has an easy first game, I think SWFC are heading for a massive crash in the near future and it's a fool's mission to take that job on at the moment.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Alex defends Steve on 10:22 - Jan 28 with 1974 viewsJakeITFC

Alex defends Steve on 09:57 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

Missed the conversation, but is this around Steve Bruce not starting in the SWFC job until 1st February?

I think they have a point. SWFC shouldn't have allowed it... how can they allow the manager of the first team (and one of the most important people in the club) to not start in his position until after one of the most critical months of the year (the January window).

I can understand why Bruce's reasons, but if I was SWFC, I'd have sympathised with him and moved on to the next candidate in a "Right man, wrong time" approach.

Whether Steve Bruce is the right man or not, lord knows - but while he has an easy first game, I think SWFC are heading for a massive crash in the near future and it's a fool's mission to take that job on at the moment.

Well it’s up to Sheffield Wednesday really isn’t it - saying they shouldn’t have allowed it is a weird way of thinking about it.

Bruce was clear throughout that he had a pre-existing commitment, and they decided they still wanted him.
Alex defends Steve on 10:24 - Jan 28 with 1966 viewsKieran_Knows

Alex defends Steve on 10:22 - Jan 28 by JakeITFC

Well it’s up to Sheffield Wednesday really isn’t it - saying they shouldn’t have allowed it is a weird way of thinking about it.

Bruce was clear throughout that he had a pre-existing commitment, and they decided they still wanted him.

His assistant started work straightaway (Stephen Clemence), so I imagine he has been getting most of their work across to the players anyway (although I do appreciate that the manager does need to be around - but as you say, SWFC we're happy for him to take a break, so not sure what the issue is).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Alex defends Steve on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 1940 viewsm14_blue

Some things in life are more important than work and/or football.

Fair play to him.
Alex defends Steve on 11:41 - Jan 28 with 1786 viewsChampionship

Danny Murphy is one of the worst pundits covering football in my opinion.
Alex defends Steve on 12:25 - Jan 28 with 1714 viewsBecclesITFC

I agree. I like Murphy. He speaks really well. He is awesome on talk sport. He clearly has a brain cell. Unlike that t**t Sutton. I thought they should have probably left that alone. The world doesn't involve around football and occasionally more important things come up.
Alex defends Steve on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 1541 viewsitfcjoe

Alex defends Steve on 09:57 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

This hasn't jumped up and caught out SWFC though, when they approached Bruce he would have confirmed this was the case and they still deemed him the right man for the job.

They are in mid table going nowhere this season, the January transfer window wasn't really important for them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Alex defends Steve on 14:26 - Jan 28 with 1517 viewschicoazul

I watched this, pretty funny how angry Gullit and Murphy got and how they started talking over her as she made her valid fair points, which was very weird because as we all know men dont talk over women constantly at all.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Alex defends Steve on 14:39 - Jan 28 with 1485 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Alex defends Steve on 14:20 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

This hasn't jumped up and caught out SWFC though, when they approached Bruce he would have confirmed this was the case and they still deemed him the right man for the job.

They are in mid table going nowhere this season, the January transfer window wasn't really important for them

Yep this. Only thing I wonder is how this might come across to the players - there is a chance they could see it as a lack of commitment by Bruce (wrongly IMO) and lead to some issues

Might have been wise for Wednesday to delay the announcement, although I guess that wasn’t an option with Clemence starting immediately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024