Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately 19:38 - Jan 28 with 29991 viewsclive_baker

But notice a few previously frequent posters are AWOL of late? Joe, J2, a couple of others too. Unless I’ve just missed their posts?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:21 - Jan 29 with 2166 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:08 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I'm not looking to upset him. He seems ok on here in my experience. I'm just not sure why he's defending people who say some rather unpleasant stuff on here and having a pop at me instead of being upset about that. At the very least he could be upset about both things.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:10]

Erm because I don’t like you?
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:22 - Jan 29 with 2158 viewsBluefish

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:18 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I'll ban you if you carry on down that route.

I'm already banned

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 2156 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 15:51 - Jan 29 by catch74

So Benters is in fact a closet Islamic fundamentalist?

Interesting I never thought of that!
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 2156 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:21 - Jan 29 by Benters2

Erm because I don’t like you?

I'm not talking about you SamPam. I'm talking about Witchdoctor. Unless you're suggesting he's just defending your honour?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 2154 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:22 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

I'm already banned

Not in our hearts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 2154 viewswitchdoctor

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:17 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

It's not like that all all. It is more like this.

Poster A says something unpalatable.

Poster B says 'You might get banned for that'

Poster A says ' I don't care, I'll say it again'

Poster B says 'You're going to get a ban'

Poster A keep saying the unpleasant thing over and over again.

Forum admins eventually and inevitably ban Poster A.

Poster B says ' I told you so!' and laughs about it all.

In this scenario, Poster B did not get poster A banned, and you should be more worried about what Poster A repeatedly said than Poster B's joy that the turdlike Poster A is gone.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:21]

so can you honestly say....hand on heart that you have never tried to wind up any of the posters you despise?...even if they haven’t said owt that offends you?..ever?
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:25 - Jan 29 with 2143 viewsLeagueOne

It's because this summer was the best window of all time wasn't' it? Young and exciting.

then reality kicked in and many were wrong and are now hiding.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:28 - Jan 29 with 2132 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:23 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

so can you honestly say....hand on heart that you have never tried to wind up any of the posters you despise?...even if they haven’t said owt that offends you?..ever?

Steady on, I don't despise anyone on here. Let's tone it down a notch and discuss it rather than kicking off. I'm game if you are.

There are posters who post things I think are unpleasant. There are posters who post things offensive about the nationality of my family, and continue to do so when I ask them to stop. Do I despise them? No. Am I bothered when they get the boot? Also no.

It's quite simple, if you don't say something offensive, then I won't point it out that you said an offensive thing and we won't end up arguing. 99% of posters on here don't say offensive things and as a result I have no problem with 99% of posters on here.

A question for you. Why do you think I should tolerate posters posting offensive things about the nationality of my family, and continue to do so when I ask them to stop? How would you respond to that? Would you be the slightest bit bothered if they got banned?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:36 - Jan 29 with 2093 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:28 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Steady on, I don't despise anyone on here. Let's tone it down a notch and discuss it rather than kicking off. I'm game if you are.

There are posters who post things I think are unpleasant. There are posters who post things offensive about the nationality of my family, and continue to do so when I ask them to stop. Do I despise them? No. Am I bothered when they get the boot? Also no.

It's quite simple, if you don't say something offensive, then I won't point it out that you said an offensive thing and we won't end up arguing. 99% of posters on here don't say offensive things and as a result I have no problem with 99% of posters on here.

A question for you. Why do you think I should tolerate posters posting offensive things about the nationality of my family, and continue to do so when I ask them to stop? How would you respond to that? Would you be the slightest bit bothered if they got banned?

For clarity's sake, off the top of my head, here are the posters I think are actively not in my fan club.

Benters
Grimboy
Pickles
Jonno
Witchdoctor
Cobbler (RIP)
wkj
Fishers

I'm sure there are others. Feel free to add your name to the list!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:43]

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:38 - Jan 29 with 2081 viewswitchdoctor

I’ve honestly got no idea about the nationality of your fanily so I can’t really comment on that...I’ve never seen anything like that but unlike some I’m not on here 24/7...👍
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:39 - Jan 29 with 2070 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:38 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

I’ve honestly got no idea about the nationality of your fanily so I can’t really comment on that...I’ve never seen anything like that but unlike some I’m not on here 24/7...👍

A grown man mascarading as a Moose has children?
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:41 - Jan 29 with 2068 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:38 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

Well, that's what brought about one poster's downfall. So, knowing that, how do you feel about the questions I asked? Why wouldn't I laugh that they got banned?

Like I said, you've always seemed alright in your posts, I've got no particular axe to grind with you, and I've not seen you say anything that I would class as offensive. Our only run ins seem to occur when I've rattled the cage of a certain poster.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:41 - Jan 29 with 2067 viewsgtsb

With all due respect I'd rather read something controversial than someone banging on about garden rakes and boring everyone. Just my opinion.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:41 - Jan 29 with 2061 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:39 - Jan 29 by Benters2

A grown man mascarading as a Moose has children?

Is that where you draw the line? Hurling insults at foreign children?

And just in case you aren't aware, I'm not actually a moose. It's a username. Just like Glasgow Blue isn't claiming to be city in Scotland or Footers isn't claiming to be a footnote in a Word document. They're names. They aren't supposed to be taken literally. I'd seek help if you thought you'd been talking to a moose all this time.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:44]

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:42 - Jan 29 with 2052 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:41 - Jan 29 by gtsb

With all due respect I'd rather read something controversial than someone banging on about garden rakes and boring everyone. Just my opinion.

We are talking about offensive things. Not controversial things.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:43 - Jan 29 with 2051 viewswitchdoctor

and fair enough..despise may have been a bit of an over the top...just seems that way sometimes..😉
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:45 - Jan 29 with 2038 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:43 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

and fair enough..despise may have been a bit of an over the top...just seems that way sometimes..😉

Only wkj. That bloke is a blowhole of grandiose proportions.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:45 - Jan 29 with 2039 viewswitchdoctor

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:36 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

For clarity's sake, off the top of my head, here are the posters I think are actively not in my fan club.

Benters
Grimboy
Pickles
Jonno
Witchdoctor
Cobbler (RIP)
wkj
Fishers

I'm sure there are others. Feel free to add your name to the list!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:43]

indeed there are a few more as my inbox would testify....but hey ho..I’d never win a popularity contest either 😂
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:48]
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:46 - Jan 29 with 2025 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:41 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Is that where you draw the line? Hurling insults at foreign children?

And just in case you aren't aware, I'm not actually a moose. It's a username. Just like Glasgow Blue isn't claiming to be city in Scotland or Footers isn't claiming to be a footnote in a Word document. They're names. They aren't supposed to be taken literally. I'd seek help if you thought you'd been talking to a moose all this time.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:44]

I didn’t know you had children that’s the first time I’ve ever seen you mention them.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 2019 viewsfooters

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:45 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

indeed there are a few more as my inbox would testify....but hey ho..I’d never win a popularity contest either 😂

If you're annoying those kind of people you're probably doing something right.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 2019 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:45 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

They're more than welcome to contact me directly via the forum!

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:48 - Jan 29 with 2015 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:46 - Jan 29 by Benters2

I didn’t know you had children that’s the first time I’ve ever seen you mention them.

I didn't mention children. I said family.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:49 - Jan 29 with 2011 viewschicoazul

Some of you boyos need to remember that TWTD is and always has been a slightly savage feral place where people are often unpleasant to one another, and also is utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and anything written here only affects you as much as you decide it does.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:51 - Jan 29 with 1998 viewswitchdoctor

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:49 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Some of you boyos need to remember that TWTD is and always has been a slightly savage feral place where people are often unpleasant to one another, and also is utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and anything written here only affects you as much as you decide it does.

👍
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:51 - Jan 29 with 1992 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:49 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

I'm all for unpleasantness. Just not the whining about it when you're pulled up on it and given the boot! Let the arguments fly, and the chips fall where they may, live by the sword die by the sword I say.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024