Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately 19:38 - Jan 28 with 30030 viewsclive_baker

But notice a few previously frequent posters are AWOL of late? Joe, J2, a couple of others too. Unless I’ve just missed their posts?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:01 - Jan 29 with 4562 viewsSpruceMoose

on 19:51 - Jan 29 by _

I could say the same for you Libby. We all have our hot topic buttons that get pushed from time to time. I've seen you go after other posters repeatedly over some quite frivolous stuff.

Anyway, I'm not taking offence. It's other posters getting upset that I'm not sad that Cobbler got banned after repeated warnings! To them I say, take it up with Phil if you disagree with his decision. It's not like I banned the bloke!

Their other point of contention is that they don't like me explaining that some Americans, and posters on this board, do not appreciate the term yank being used in a pejorative manner. I'm not likely to keep going on about that.. I'm not going to be reporting it as abuse, I've politely explained why some people find it offensive and that should suffice, but if you keep doing things people find offensive, I'm not sure how you can be surprised when that reflects badly on you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:08 - Jan 29 with 4528 viewsgtsb

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:01 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I could say the same for you Libby. We all have our hot topic buttons that get pushed from time to time. I've seen you go after other posters repeatedly over some quite frivolous stuff.

Anyway, I'm not taking offence. It's other posters getting upset that I'm not sad that Cobbler got banned after repeated warnings! To them I say, take it up with Phil if you disagree with his decision. It's not like I banned the bloke!

Their other point of contention is that they don't like me explaining that some Americans, and posters on this board, do not appreciate the term yank being used in a pejorative manner. I'm not likely to keep going on about that.. I'm not going to be reporting it as abuse, I've politely explained why some people find it offensive and that should suffice, but if you keep doing things people find offensive, I'm not sure how you can be surprised when that reflects badly on you.

Just swap the words Television Set for Internet. No offence.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 20:13]
on 20:21 - Jan 29 with 4500 views_

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:23 - Jan 29 with 4487 viewsSpruceMoose

on 20:21 - Jan 29 by _

Not unwelcome input at all. My point is, and I think you'd agree, that it is easier to be flippant or dismissive about words when they aren't aimed at you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:29 - Jan 29 with 4471 viewsRyorry

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:57 - Jan 29 by textbackup

blimey, I think some took this far too seriously. J2 would have known it was a pisstake

Tbf, there was nothing in your post to suggest it was a pisstake - though I did think it was rather out of character for you.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 4463 viewsRyorry

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:58 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Yeah that guy is good, where is he

Didn't he say something about going abroad to somewhere remote where he'd not be able to get much internet access, or is my memory playing tricks?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:31 - Jan 29 with 4456 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:30 - Jan 29 by Ryorry

Didn't he say something about going abroad to somewhere remote where he'd not be able to get much internet access, or is my memory playing tricks?

That reminds me, where is Fergal?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:33 - Jan 29 with 4448 viewsRyorry

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:31 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

That reminds me, where is Fergal?

Maybe FergalSharkey's swimming with his rellies?

Login to get fewer ads

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:33 - Jan 29 with 4448 viewswitchdoctor

so why did you boast that you had got Cobbler banned then?...just wishful thinking was it?...and yank a derogatory term?..really?
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:36 - Jan 29 with 4441 viewswitchdoctor

on 19:51 - Jan 29 by _

spot on mate...👍
on 20:38 - Jan 29 with 4431 views_

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:23 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Not unwelcome input at all. My point is, and I think you'd agree, that it is easier to be flippant or dismissive about words when they aren't aimed at you.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:38 - Jan 29 with 4428 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:33 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

so why did you boast that you had got Cobbler banned then?...just wishful thinking was it?...and yank a derogatory term?..really?

All this because I made one joking remark about getting him banned? As if it is within my power to do that.

Did I get him banned? No. Am I glad he's gone? Yes. That's all there is to it. I didn't make him act in a way that meant Phil got fed up of him. That's on him and how he interacted with multiple posters on here.

And yes. I won't name names but I know for a fact there is one person on this forum with an American background who finds the term yank distasteful when it is thrown around in a way where it is intended in a less than complimentary way.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:42 - Jan 29 with 4412 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:36 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

spot on mate...👍

Except you don't really mean that, as you're all about criticising me, and letting Benters behaviour slide.

Anyway, I'm off down the pub.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 22:13 - Jan 29 with 4346 viewswitchdoctor

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:42 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Except you don't really mean that, as you're all about criticising me, and letting Benters behaviour slide.

who are you to tell me what I do or don’t mean?...I agree with what Libby posted..up to you if you choose to read anything else into it...and on the yank subject...apart from perhaps some die hard southerners, which is where my family come from , I’ve never heard of an American object to the term Yank...what’s offensive about it?
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 22:20 - Jan 29 with 4335 viewsPJH

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:30 - Jan 29 by Ryorry

He might have done but his earlier break when I contacted him to make sure that all was well was through his choice.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 22:58 - Jan 29 with 4304 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 22:13 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

who are you to tell me what I do or don’t mean?...I agree with what Libby posted..up to you if you choose to read anything else into it...and on the yank subject...apart from perhaps some die hard southerners, which is where my family come from , I’ve never heard of an American object to the term Yank...what’s offensive about it?

Sorry, I didn't realise you got to decide what was and wasn't offensive. Perhaps you can provide me a list of things that people are allowed to object to, so I don't upset your gang in future.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 23:02 - Jan 29 with 4299 viewsSwailsey

My god there is a stunning lack of self awareness on this thread.

To get it on track: Newcy

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 23:46 - Jan 29 with 4264 viewsWicklowBlue

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 23:02 - Jan 29 by Swailsey

Another classic TWTD post which has gone completely off topic and will no doubt get deleted when Phil or Gav get in from the pub!

Too many posters arguing perceived Internet personas one way or another. Some openly stating they don't like another one and then others validating their reaction to them. No one can win such internet battles, surely there are better things to discuss.

Maybe time for another Vegan topic????

s to all TWDers
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 02:39 - Jan 30 with 4208 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:50 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

I think I upset Currie.

probably. you are something of an authoritarian with a habit of going ape with anyone who disagrees with you football or politically....

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 03:07 - Jan 30 with 4200 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 02:39 - Jan 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

probably. you are something of an authoritarian with a habit of going ape with anyone who disagrees with you football or politically....

You should probably look up authoritarianism in the dictionary. Seems like more your kind of thing than Herbies.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 04:47 - Jan 30 with 4163 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:42 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Surely you mean bar?
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 05:44 - Jan 30 with 4210 viewswitchdoctor

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 22:58 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Sorry, I didn't realise you got to decide what was and wasn't offensive. Perhaps you can provide me a list of things that people are allowed to object to, so I don't upset your gang in future.

I haven’t decided what’s offensive at all..I was just asking you
to clarify why YOU found it offensive...YOU are the one telling me what I’m thinking...
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 05:51 - Jan 30 with 4201 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 23:02 - Jan 29 by Swailsey

This may surprise you but me and Newcy are great friends.I have been speaking to him a lot on his current adventures on the high seas.

I just think he got tired of a few of the serial posters on here ..
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 07:53 - Jan 30 with 4156 viewsBiGDonnie

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:41 - Jan 29 by gtsb

With all due respect I'd rather read something controversial than someone banging on about garden rakes and boring everyone. Just my opinion.

Haha yep, this thread has made the journey into work a lot easier.

I remember getting into similar sorts of battles when I was 18, the thought of something like this at my old age now is embarrassing in itself.

Do keep it up though fellas.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 08:05 - Jan 30 with 4137 viewsBenters2

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 05:44 - Jan 30 by witchdoctor

I haven’t decided what’s offensive at all..I was just asking you
to clarify why YOU found it offensive...YOU are the one telling me what I’m thinking...

He is playing the perfect troll come victim card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024