Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately 19:38 - Jan 28 with 29894 viewsclive_baker

But notice a few previously frequent posters are AWOL of late? Joe, J2, a couple of others too. Unless I’ve just missed their posts?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:57 - Jan 29 with 2029 viewstextbackup

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 20:13 - Jan 28 by textbackup

j2 the man that spent 24/7 on here, but never went to a game even though he lives in the area. never trusted him, better off without

blimey, I think some took this far too seriously. J2 would have known it was a pisstake

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:57 - Jan 29 with 2027 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:55 - Jan 29 by Benters2

Truth hurts hey hun x.

You're lashing out. I get it, you're upset that you've backed yourself into a corner with how you've portrayed yourself on here. Maybe you're not the crap person in real life that you act on here. If you're not, I'd encourage you to show us that side of your character. It's not too late to change.

Until then, you should stop following me around the board. It doesn't reflect well on you. You're welcome to interact with me again when you've changed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 2026 viewschicoazul

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:47 - Jan 29 by jaykay

haven't seen we were zombies on here lately

Yeah that guy is good, where is he

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:03 - Jan 29 with 2006 viewsPJH

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:58 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Yeah that guy is good, where is he

I did contact him during a previous break (for him) from TWTD.
Hopefully this current absence is only temporary.

Just in case anyone is interested I will be missing from TWTD from Sunday until the following Friday but I intend to return.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:08 - Jan 29 with 1993 viewsBluefish

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:03 - Jan 29 by PJH

I did contact him during a previous break (for him) from TWTD.
Hopefully this current absence is only temporary.

Just in case anyone is interested I will be missing from TWTD from Sunday until the following Friday but I intend to return.

Thanks for the warning. Don't forget your panic alarm if you are going far

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:11 - Jan 29 with 1979 viewsPJH

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:08 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Thanks for the warning. Don't forget your panic alarm if you are going far

I am invading Scotland again.
Will come back refreshed and ready for the trip to Norfolk.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:12 - Jan 29 with 1977 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:57 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

You're lashing out. I get it, you're upset that you've backed yourself into a corner with how you've portrayed yourself on here. Maybe you're not the crap person in real life that you act on here. If you're not, I'd encourage you to show us that side of your character. It's not too late to change.

Until then, you should stop following me around the board. It doesn't reflect well on you. You're welcome to interact with me again when you've changed.

That goes for your mate Captain Downvote as well.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:17 - Jan 29 with 1965 viewsgrimboy

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:12 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

That goes for your mate Captain Downvote as well.

More empty threats and coming from a wannabe yank wish I could build a wall around you and isolate the very bitter man you are.
Login to get fewer ads

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:19 - Jan 29 with 1956 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:17 - Jan 29 by grimboy

More empty threats and coming from a wannabe yank wish I could build a wall around you and isolate the very bitter man you are.

I didn't threaten you. Why are you making things up?

Your post was almost poetic though. I liked that bit about the wall, very clever. I knew you had a sensitive soul in there somewhere. However, I'd prefer you not to use the word 'yank' please. When used pejoratively like that my family members find it very insulting.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:25]

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 1924 viewsm14_blue

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 18:57 - Jan 29 by textbackup

blimey, I think some took this far too seriously. J2 would have known it was a pisstake

Oh fcuk that would be me.

That’s embarrassing.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:26 - Jan 29 with 1917 viewsgrimboy

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:19 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Your post was almost poetic though. I liked that bit about the wall, very clever. I knew you had a sensitive soul in there somewhere. However, I'd prefer you not to use the word 'yank' please. When used pejoratively like that my family members find it very insulting.

Hahaha your family members read this forum that’s a good one isn’t it a common name that people call proper Americans,
bit like us English get called Tommy’s.
Why do you always edit all your posts lol.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:28]
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 1899 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:26 - Jan 29 by grimboy

Hahaha your family members read this forum that’s a good one isn’t it a common name that people call proper Americans,

I don't think anyone has used the word Tommy for an English person since the 40s.

I've explained to you that the way you're using it - pejoratively - is insulting to them. At least one other poster on here with a US passport feels the same way. Why would you want to continue insulting them?

I edit out spelling mistakes. Give it a go sometime, it makes things easier to read. There's no other big conspiracy though. Definitely not one involving wkj. No siree.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:30]

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:31 - Jan 29 with 1874 viewsgrimboy

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:28 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I don't think anyone has used the word Tommy for an English person since the 40s.

I've explained to you that the way you're using it - pejoratively - is insulting to them. At least one other poster on here with a US passport feels the same way. Why would you want to continue insulting them?

I edit out spelling mistakes. Give it a go sometime, it makes things easier to read. There's no other big conspiracy though. Definitely not one involving wkj. No siree.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:30]

I’m not insulting them I am doing to you what you do to some on here calling names .
Don’t like it when your called names then don’t do it to others.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:34 - Jan 29 with 1866 viewsm14_blue

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:26 - Jan 29 by grimboy

I love that you’ve edited this post.
Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:34 - Jan 29 with 1865 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:31 - Jan 29 by grimboy

I’m not insulting them I am doing to you what you do to some on here calling names .
Don’t like it when your called names then don’t do it to others.

Nah, you're insulting them. Knowingly now that I've told you it's insulting to them and other board members.

Unless you mean it as a compliment when you call me a wannabe yank?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:35 - Jan 29 with 1855 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:34 - Jan 29 by m14_blue

I love that you’ve edited this post.

Imagine the state of it before the edit...

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:35 - Jan 29 with 1852 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:19 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

You’ve changed your tune since you were calling 95% of your family walking, talking Brexit voters?

I think May is actually doing well... by unstableblue 15 Nov 2018 17:44
.... in just awful conditions

Are people so thick that if we continue to drag this shambolic decision out any further then we are going to completely feck up our economy

Back herband let’s move on for God’s sake

EDIT: won’t link to specific posts, page 2 of thread
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:41]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:38 - Jan 29 with 1839 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:35 - Jan 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You’ve changed your tune since you were calling 95% of your family walking, talking Brexit voters?

Are people so thick that if we continue to drag this shambolic decision out any further then we are going to completely feck up our economy

I'm not sure what Unstableblue's post proves to you, but I assure you that any American family I have most certainly didn't vote in the referendum so I'm not sure as to their relevance here.

The British members of my family did vote however, and they were in the main disastrously and irredeemably stupid. But you know, that's my family. I'm allowed to say that.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:42]

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:45 - Jan 29 with 1808 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:35 - Jan 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes... none of those were American though. Which is what we are talking about there.

To clarify, 95% of my British family are walking, talking Brexit voters. 0% of my American family are walking, talking Brexit voters.

What has this got to do with Grimboy continuing to use an insulting term after I explain that some Americans, including one poster on here, find it insulting?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:45 - Jan 29 with 1809 viewsMJallday

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:38 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure what Unstableblue's post proves to you, but I assure you that any American family I have most certainly didn't vote in the referendum so I'm not sure as to their relevance here.

The British members of my family did vote however, and they were in the main disastrously and irredeemably stupid. But you know, that's my family. I'm allowed to say that.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:42]

so they voted to remain then ?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:46 - Jan 29 with 1804 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:45 - Jan 29 by MJallday

so they voted to remain then ?

I personified their wishes through the pencil when I proudly marked the Remain box! Sadly, they don't have British passports. It turns out, would you believe, immigration to the UK isn't a straight forward process!

Edit - I was slow on the uptake. I know what you meant now, you scamp!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:48]

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:48 - Jan 29 with 1793 viewsMJallday

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:46 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I personified their wishes through the pencil when I proudly marked the Remain box! Sadly, they don't have British passports. It turns out, would you believe, immigration to the UK isn't a straight forward process!

Edit - I was slow on the uptake. I know what you meant now, you scamp!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:48]

ahhh brexit... its like we dont discuss it enough isnt it.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:49 - Jan 29 with 1790 viewsSpruceMoose

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:48 - Jan 29 by MJallday

ahhh brexit... its like we dont discuss it enough isnt it.

I can't believe nobody has said 'Remoaner' or 'Gammon' yet. Can't even manage to utter a simple 'Out means Out'.

on 19:51 - Jan 29 with 1779 views_

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 16:06 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

"If I thought Benters was capable of machine gunning someone down based purely on the colour of their skin or religion I wouldn't bother interacting with him. "

I don't think he means it either. But the core sentiment is what is important. It is the same when people make light of mental health issues. I'm sure they're only joking, but ultimately they're laughing about something that many people struggle with.

I don't see the issue with me stating I'd rather people with certain views aren't tolerated on here and suggesting they might like to tone it down before the forum admins take action. It isn't as if I have any actual power to do anything about it.

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:59 - Jan 29 with 1994 viewsMJallday

Not been on here an awful lot myself lately on 19:49 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

I can't believe nobody has said 'Remoaner' or 'Gammon' yet. Can't even manage to utter a simple 'Out means Out'.

agreed.

although on a related note, if im honest i dont understand the meaning behind the word "gammon", and why its used to describe (i assume ) politicians.

to be honest, when i think of the word "gammon" , i think of "pork", and then when i apply thought around the word "pork" to a politician, such as david cameron, it conjours up some very unpleasant images.

im assuming thats not what they mean though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024