Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder if Hurst could of turned 10:47 - Feb 3 with 6771 viewsgrimboy

Us around,we will never know but I thought he was sacked too early could he of been any worse than Lambert.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 13:08 - Feb 3 with 1611 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:11 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'll give him some slack on celina and conolly going, that's 12 goals. And any manager would have found it hard to keep waggy, not impossible though.

He was under contract. The club could have offered him a better deal and if he didn't accept they could still have told him he's staying as per the terms of his contract.

It was madness to sell the club's best player, top goalscorer and best set play taker and not replace him.

On top of that we sold the side's second top scorer and best defender. And replaced them with a League Two striker and Nsiala.

This current side is rotten, if we were in League One this season we'd be bottom six.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 13:08 - Feb 3 with 1610 viewsWonky

Revising history so soon?. No need. Hurst was hopeless.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 13:11 - Feb 3 with 1606 viewsLankHenners

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:34 - Feb 3 by Trequartista

I coudn't see any signs that things could have improved, those players weren't suddenly going to get much better overnight, so the correct decision, but interesting to note that if he was still here and had made no improvement to his awful record whatsoever, we'd still be slightly better off.

No we wouldn't. We'd still have a toxic atmosphere behind-the-scenes with a group of players not up to scratch with a manager who had shown he has no respect for the club, the division, the players creating a team with no identity. It'd still be awful.

Lambert has at least brought that side of things round even if he disappointingly hasn't been able to arrest the poor results.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 13:17 - Feb 3 with 1586 viewsOxford_Blue

Obviously not.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 14:23 - Feb 3 with 1552 views44_not_out

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 13:08 - Feb 3 by The_Last_Baron

He was under contract. The club could have offered him a better deal and if he didn't accept they could still have told him he's staying as per the terms of his contract.

It was madness to sell the club's best player, top goalscorer and best set play taker and not replace him.

On top of that we sold the side's second top scorer and best defender. And replaced them with a League Two striker and Nsiala.

This current side is rotten, if we were in League One this season we'd be bottom six.

Yesterday I watched Nsiala play and Nolan warm up and all I could think was, we gave Shrewsbury £2m for them both.

I don’t think I’ve ever despised a individual in football like I do Hurst.

His sacking should of happen a month sooner!
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 15:15 - Feb 3 with 1508 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is always possible Hurst could have turned it around given enough time.

It is also possible we will beat Norwich 5-0 on Sunday.

OK, no it wasn't possible.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 16:11 - Feb 3 with 1484 viewsWadeyBlue

If Hurst was still in charge we would probably be 15-20 points adrift by now, and have crowds of 10k.

We'd be staring a 5 or 6-0 away loss to the scum on Sunday.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 16:18 - Feb 3 with 1474 viewsPositivelyPortman

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:10 - Feb 3 by unstableblue

I think Hurst was out of his depth and lost the dressing room or could not manage higher level players.

What Ipswich’s disease over the last 3 seasons has been a complete loss of playing identity,
Energy, pace and attacking intent. We really have lost the ability to play good passing with tempo. There has been no vison and no ability to embed any plan with high player turnover

Hurst I think saw this and I genuinely think tried to resolve, but bought wrong players and just want good enough. However and to your point we did play 3-4 halves of the higher energy football we all crave. But it wasn’t sustainable.

Lambert similarly has had a couple of halves of intent; but I’m getting a bit concerned at the fact we haven’t pushed on under him. But perhaps the disease at Ipswich is too deep, too ingrained.

Those suggesting that calling for Mick to leave was I’ll advised are really very wrong, he was part of creating these fundamental issues, albeit he was hampered by poor squad investment.

Take Webster he was ‘ok’ here - play him in a functioning team that passes and he’s amazing.

What “higher level players” are those then ? 😂😂😂

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 16:30 - Feb 3 with 1452 viewsWhymarkmariner

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:20 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

The only thing I will say is Lambert lit a fire under Hursts players to begin with and even though the quality wasn't there, the fight was. Since January the fight has evaporated and we've looked pretty flat and lifeless. I think whatever conversation Lambert had with Evans going into the window killed us, and the club stopped fighting despite this being a season where a bit of extra quality, even if we paid over the odds for it would have saved us, but as ever, Evans wasn't interested.

You only have to look at players like Sanchez at Man Utd. There's no guarantee that spending ;loads of money, which in ME's case would be slightly north of a couple of million that we would have been any better than we currently are. Players need time to bed in, the manager needs time to find the right position for these players. All the time having to deal with problems like Knudsen and Bart with young players coming in and also injuries without time to prepare the team with a pre-season. Hurst created a situation that if Alex Ferguson had taken over would have had a problem sorting out.
I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 16:50 - Feb 3 with 1433 viewsagentp

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 11:14 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

Unless those in the know want to add more flesh to the bones, those who scored 80% of our league goals plus our best defender wanted out even before Hurst arrived.

Three key players wanted out before Hurst arrived (excluding McG).
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 16:53]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

I wonder if Hurst could of turned on 18:01 - Feb 3 with 1410 viewswarkthisway

Well he certainly wouldn’t have done any worse!

bentnkuqi

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024