Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) 19:10 - Feb 5 with 17848 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Would any Norwich players get in to an all time Ipswich and Norwich 11, even an 18.

I really cannot think of any.

(This is all to take away from the fact that there 11 atm is 100x better than ours)

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:13 - Feb 5 with 9200 viewsPecker

None . Could probably name 50 Ipswich before you get to a Norwich.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:13 - Feb 5 with 9195 viewsGlasgowBlue

Martin Peters and Mick Channon. But not when they played for Nodge. They were well past their best.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:41 - Feb 5 with 9101 viewsITFC_Forever

Not a chance.

You’d get through several teams before the first Budgie appeared.... I’d imagine Bryan Gunn would be the first one in.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 9059 viewsPecker

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:41 - Feb 5 by ITFC_Forever

Not a chance.

You’d get through several teams before the first Budgie appeared.... I’d imagine Bryan Gunn would be the first one in.

I would have thought Hoolihan or what ever he is called would be their best player ever. We would have at least 10 in front of him in that position.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:56 - Feb 5 with 9025 viewsblueislander

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:13 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

Martin Peters and Mick Channon. But not when they played for Nodge. They were well past their best.

I was going to mention Channon, in his pomp, he might have got ahead of Mariner and Crawford. Kevin Keegan was a very good goalkeeper.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:01 - Feb 5 with 9003 viewsPecker

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:56 - Feb 5 by blueislander

I was going to mention Channon, in his pomp, he might have got ahead of Mariner and Crawford. Kevin Keegan was a very good goalkeeper.

Channon better than Mariner or Crawford. Go and chop your typing fingers off.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:03 - Feb 5 with 8995 viewsSuperfrans

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:56 - Feb 5 by blueislander

Channon as a Norwich player would never have got in ahead of Crawford, Mariner, Brazil, Phillips, Whymark.

And it’s Kevin Keelan. Not Keegan.

Apart from that, you’re 100% correct.

👍🏻

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:12 - Feb 5 with 8948 viewsjacko77

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 19:13 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

Ted MacDougall maybe!
Login to get fewer ads

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:14 - Feb 5 with 8943 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Would an all time Ipswich 11 not be pretty much the team that won the UEFA Cup?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:20 - Feb 5 with 8899 viewsFtnfwest

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:14 - Feb 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

What about the beat?
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:24 - Feb 5 with 8869 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I would imagine so, bench may have Holland, Dj at a push. Stewart potentially.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:25 - Feb 5 with 8855 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:20 - Feb 5 by Ftnfwest

What about the beat?

I forgot that he didn't play.

He'd be the first name on the team sheet.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:25 - Feb 5 with 8844 viewssparks

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:24 - Feb 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

Taricco. Dyer.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:26 - Feb 5 with 8840 viewsbontcho

I’d say

Cooper

Burley Butcher Beattie Mills

Thijssen Wark Muhren Dyer

Mariner Crawford

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:28 - Feb 5 with 8826 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:25 - Feb 5 by sparks

Taricco. Dyer.

Yer there are a few.

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:32 - Feb 5 with 8788 viewsblueislander

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:03 - Feb 5 by Superfrans

Channon as a Norwich player would never have got in ahead of Crawford, Mariner, Brazil, Phillips, Whymark.

And it’s Kevin Keelan. Not Keegan.

Apart from that, you’re 100% correct.

👍🏻

I did say “in his pomp” he had a far better goal scoring record for England than any of our strikers. Apologies for the typo. Down to auto correct I think.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:37 - Feb 5 with 8766 viewsPecker

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:26 - Feb 5 by bontcho

I’d say

Cooper

Mariner Crawford

Mariner and Crawford together as our best players, yes, but not in reality. I would put Brazil or Stewart with Mariner or Crawford.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:37 - Feb 5 with 8762 viewsblueislander

Or you could say the team that won the 1st Division.
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 8588 viewsBluefish

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:26 - Feb 5 by bontcho

I’d say

Cooper

Mariner Crawford

Was Dyer better for us then Maddison was for them? Very unpopular opinion probably but Maddison was the standout player in the league.

I actually think neither of them would get in though considering we have FA Cup and UEFA cup winning players to contend with.

Perhaps we should make it fairer and do a combined XI since either 92 or 07

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 22:02 - Feb 5 with 8522 viewsITFC_Forever

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 21:42 - Feb 5 by Bluefish

Was Dyer better for us then Maddison was for them? Very unpopular opinion probably but Maddison was the standout player in the league.

I actually think neither of them would get in though considering we have FA Cup and UEFA cup winning players to contend with.

Perhaps we should make it fairer and do a combined XI since either 92 or 07

For all that, Maddison only did it in the Champ, and for one season. Still doesn’t lay a finger on any of our legends.

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 8490 viewsBluefish

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 22:02 - Feb 5 by ITFC_Forever

For all that, Maddison only did it in the Champ, and for one season. Still doesn’t lay a finger on any of our legends.

Agreed but dyer was also only in the equivilent division while with us

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 01:54 - Feb 6 with 8210 viewswellhungphil

Gooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

But no. None in the top 11. And we should have had Gazza.

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 05:01 - Feb 6 with 8153 viewsphillymark

Steve Bruce? (though Beattie, Hunter and Butcher ahead)
Harry Kane (played 3 times for Norwich)
Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 06:45 - Feb 6 with 8099 viewsITFC_Forever

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 05:01 - Feb 6 by phillymark

Steve Bruce? (though Beattie, Hunter and Butcher ahead)
Harry Kane (played 3 times for Norwich)

You can’t pick Kane, or anyone else, on the basis of what they’ve done at other clubs, it must be on what they’ve done while playing in East Anglia.

Goss isn’t fit to lace the boots of anyone who’d get in the first two or three combined teams.

Goss, Gunn, Hooliohan, Fleck, Robins, Culverhouse, Eadie, Huckerby, Keelan, Holt... none of them would get in the first three at least combined teams.

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 10:11 - Feb 6 with 7932 viewsiamipswich

Combined Norwich and Ipswich 11 (all time) on 20:24 - Feb 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

While he was good, and played a pivotal role in keeping us up, I wouldn't quite put DJ Campbell in the best ever Ipswich squad.

Poll: Who will return first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024