Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI 20:57 - Feb 7 with 5895 viewsZedRodgers

No, not at the moment

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 20:59 - Feb 7 with 4963 viewsSteve_M

And nor do Sinn Fein speak for all of the rest of them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:03 - Feb 7 with 4936 viewsZedRodgers

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 20:59 - Feb 7 by Steve_M

I think that was covered in my point but thanks for clarifying.

No, not at the moment

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:04 - Feb 7 with 4932 viewsgtsb

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:06 - Feb 7 with 4925 viewsballycastle

Also certainly not all Unionists, similarly Sinn Fein, John Hume and his ideas as opposed to the idealism of Sinn Fein is a huge loss.
A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:06 - Feb 7 with 4924 viewswkj

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:03 - Feb 7 by ZedRodgers

I think that was covered in my point but thanks for clarifying.

It needed clarifying, someone would have likely nitpicked it to score a point otherwise, as you well know.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:06 - Feb 7 with 4916 viewsDarth_Koont

No. But independence for the smaller nations will be closer thanks to her efforts. Obviously a lot further to go in Northern Ireland and Wales than Scotland.

And just to say, that this doesn't give me pleasure. Just makes me annoyed how poor our politicians in Westminster have been at representing the UK, its regions and its people over the years.

Pronouns: He/Him

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:18 - Feb 7 with 4892 viewsZedRodgers

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:06 - Feb 7 by Darth_Koont

No. But independence for the smaller nations will be closer thanks to her efforts. Obviously a lot further to go in Northern Ireland and Wales than Scotland.

And just to say, that this doesn't give me pleasure. Just makes me annoyed how poor our politicians in Westminster have been at representing the UK, its regions and its people over the years.

Would certainly be quite a big plot twist if the government, who’s campaign involved labelling the opposition as IRA sympathisers, were the ones who enabled a united Ireland.

No, not at the moment

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:24 - Feb 7 with 4865 viewsBloomBlue

Ignoring North Korea, is there any country in the world where one group speaks for the whole country?
Login to get fewer ads

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:26 - Feb 7 with 4855 viewsDarth_Koont

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:18 - Feb 7 by ZedRodgers

Would certainly be quite a big plot twist if the government, who’s campaign involved labelling the opposition as IRA sympathisers, were the ones who enabled a united Ireland.

Indeed. Especially while they're saying "Feck business", restricting trade opportunities and being nice to Jewish people.

I think they'll have to ramp up the Islamophobia to keep the core voters still in touch.

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:33 - Feb 7 with 4806 viewsGlasgowBlue

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:18 - Feb 7 by ZedRodgers

You do realise that you can believe in a united Ireland and not be an IRA sympathiser? Read up on John Hume and Seamus Mallon.

Oh and this is what Seamus Mallon, one of the men behind the peace that we have today, had to say about your boy Corbyn and the claims he was working for peace: “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 21:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:37 - Feb 7 with 4811 viewsOldsmoker

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:24 - Feb 7 by BloomBlue

Ignoring North Korea, is there any country in the world where one group speaks for the whole country?

I think there are dissenters in every authoritarian regime including North Korea. They're mainly in prison.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:40 - Feb 7 with 4788 viewsBloomBlue

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:37 - Feb 7 by Oldsmoker

I think there are dissenters in every authoritarian regime including North Korea. They're mainly in prison.

Not sure in NK they would be in prison, more likely to be looting up at grass roots
A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:44 - Feb 7 with 4777 viewsDarth_Koont

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:24 - Feb 7 by BloomBlue

I'm constantly being told that 17.4 million speak for 65 million of us over our future relationship with our neigbours and largest trading partner.

But in reality I think Cameron and May were only listening to the 100 or so of the more swivel-eyed loonish ones in her own party and a few UKIPpers who were trying to nick some votes.

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:46 - Feb 7 with 4766 viewspickles110564

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:06 - Feb 7 by Darth_Koont

Further to go then Scotland? You lost your one vote in a lifetime already or do you just want to keep rerunning it until it goes your way?
A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:50 - Feb 7 with 4751 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wales never will. There are too many Little Englanders retiring over here, travelling around on busses provided by the Welsh Government, complaining that the Welsh want to communicate in their own language and putting excessive strain on the NHS.

Ironically, all whilst waving their Union Jacks and complaining about the ‘bloody immigrants’ who come over here and mostly work, contribute and have a use.

English in Wales account for about 23% of the population (it’s about 10% in Scotland), overseas immigrants about 3%.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:51 - Feb 7 with 4747 viewsDarth_Koont

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:46 - Feb 7 by pickles110564

Further to go then Scotland? You lost your one vote in a lifetime already or do you just want to keep rerunning it until it goes your way?

Given we're leaving the EU and the utter, directionless shambles of our national politics, I think this qualifies as the "material change in circumstances" that justifies a new referendum.

I don't think there's the stomach for it at the moment with all the Brexit shenanigans but if that's set to carry on for the next 5-10 years then I also don't think there'll be much appetite to be shackled together with you bunch of losers.

A no-deal Brexit could be the absolute clincher.

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:10 - Feb 7 with 4699 viewsMoriarty

Well said.

A lot of Irish people would aspire to Irish unity and I believe many Irish people, myself included, even whilst harboring such aspirations, absolutely despise Sinn Fein and the murders and atrocities and criminality of the IRA.

Sinn Fein are an absolute disgrace to the ideals and honour and committment to inclusion that should be the bedrock of any discussion on unity. Ireland, as it is now, or if ever unified, should always foster a strong bond with the UK and look forward not back in time. Sinn Fein are parasites who try to usurp for themselves a history that belongs to all citizens on the island. Might surprise you but some of the most renowned Irish Nationslists were Protestant- Wolfe Tone, Emmet, Parnell.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 22:12]

fka omuircheartaigh

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 4684 viewsLeagueOne

Do you exist just to instigate arguments?

If you think Brexit is divisive then you try and force Northern Ireland into the Republic with or without a referendum and people will get killed, whoever wins, the other side will kick up and start killing again, it's not a game or an opportunity for trolls like you to try and score points with, it's literally peoples lives at stake. Neither us, or the Irish want this, even if the politicians in SF and you do.

Equally if England was independent of the Celtic nations, you'd be utterly miserable as it would be the most right wing nation in the world based on how the majority of the English vote and feel. The same England that over the last 10 years has seen people solidly vote BNP, UKIP and Tory, voted Leave and even seen movements such as the EDL and National Action crop out of.

Be careful what you wish for.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:27 - Feb 7 with 4646 viewsZedRodgers

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:33 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

You do realise that you can believe in a united Ireland and not be an IRA sympathiser? Read up on John Hume and Seamus Mallon.

Oh and this is what Seamus Mallon, one of the men behind the peace that we have today, had to say about your boy Corbyn and the claims he was working for peace: “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 21:35]

Yes I obviously realise that.

People will be pleased to know that I have nothing to add to the Corbyn/IRA debate today.

No, not at the moment

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:38 - Feb 7 with 4626 viewsZedRodgers

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:13 - Feb 7 by LeagueOne

Do you exist just to instigate arguments?

If you think Brexit is divisive then you try and force Northern Ireland into the Republic with or without a referendum and people will get killed, whoever wins, the other side will kick up and start killing again, it's not a game or an opportunity for trolls like you to try and score points with, it's literally peoples lives at stake. Neither us, or the Irish want this, even if the politicians in SF and you do.

Equally if England was independent of the Celtic nations, you'd be utterly miserable as it would be the most right wing nation in the world based on how the majority of the English vote and feel. The same England that over the last 10 years has seen people solidly vote BNP, UKIP and Tory, voted Leave and even seen movements such as the EDL and National Action crop out of.

Be careful what you wish for.

“Neither us, or the Irish want this” - want what? A united Ireland? I think some of them do. A quarter of a million people in NI vote for Sinn Fein. That’s quite a big chunk of the electorate.

Or was that part of your wild point about “forcing the Northern Ireland into the Republic”?

I’m not sure how posting a video of a party leader speaking about having a referendum is suggesting people would be “forced” to do anything.

No, not at the moment

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:43 - Feb 7 with 4608 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 21:50 - Feb 7 by Swansea_Blue

Wales never will. There are too many Little Englanders retiring over here, travelling around on busses provided by the Welsh Government, complaining that the Welsh want to communicate in their own language and putting excessive strain on the NHS.

Ironically, all whilst waving their Union Jacks and complaining about the ‘bloody immigrants’ who come over here and mostly work, contribute and have a use.

English in Wales account for about 23% of the population (it’s about 10% in Scotland), overseas immigrants about 3%.

is there a Swansea English Rugby club like London Welsh? - No. The reality is Wales is screwed without the 'Sais' funding the government and Welsh national TV S4C. Being from Swansea you should know that around 90% of Swansea are employed in the public sector. Are you going to have a pop at all the thousands of 'Little Cymraeg' who live and settle in England or is it only for the English that term derogatory term is used? In reality the UK has never been equal because Scots Gaelic and Welsh (even Cornish) have never had equal status a languages with English in the UK. For some indigenous peoples in Wales and Scotland, the English language is their 2nd language. I have friends in Wales who's kids didn't learn English until they went to primary school but knocking the English is ok we just play for everything and are expected to be split into regions while the other home nations are encouraged to bask in their patriotism thanks to the lopsided devolution of the 90's when the English were not given a vote.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 23:05 - Feb 7 with 4573 viewsClapham_Junction

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:43 - Feb 7 by Jonnosdreadlocks

is there a Swansea English Rugby club like London Welsh? - No. The reality is Wales is screwed without the 'Sais' funding the government and Welsh national TV S4C. Being from Swansea you should know that around 90% of Swansea are employed in the public sector. Are you going to have a pop at all the thousands of 'Little Cymraeg' who live and settle in England or is it only for the English that term derogatory term is used? In reality the UK has never been equal because Scots Gaelic and Welsh (even Cornish) have never had equal status a languages with English in the UK. For some indigenous peoples in Wales and Scotland, the English language is their 2nd language. I have friends in Wales who's kids didn't learn English until they went to primary school but knocking the English is ok we just play for everything and are expected to be split into regions while the other home nations are encouraged to bask in their patriotism thanks to the lopsided devolution of the 90's when the English were not given a vote.

As accurate as ever there Jonno. In case you're interested in some facts, here are the employment figures from the 2011 census: https://www.swansea.gov.uk/2011censusswansea

You were only 54% out on your estimate of employment in the public sector.

"The most significant single industry sector in Swansea remains wholesale/retail trade (17,486 people / 17% of all employment); with around 36,700 employed in the public administration, education and health/social care sectors (35.7%)."
A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 23:10 - Feb 7 with 4547 viewsHerbivore

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 22:43 - Feb 7 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 23:11 - Feb 7 with 4549 viewsStokieBlue

Any chance you can answer the point on tactical voting posted by me but deplored by yourself?

Or is it the case that when someone asks a difficult question you move onto the next thing on the approved list of the day?

This board is now in a really sorry state.

Phil must love the clicks but hate the content.

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 23:15]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 23:13 - Feb 7 with 4543 viewsHerbivore

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI on 23:11 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Any chance you can answer the point on tactical voting posted by me but deplored by yourself?

Or is it the case that when someone asks a difficult question you move onto the next thing on the approved list of the day?

This board is now in a really sorry state.

Phil must love the clicks but hate the content.

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 23:15]

Don't drink and post, Stokie.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024