Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for next season 09:28 - Feb 11 with 1794 viewsitfcjoe

Players on professional contracts, or likely to be

Players who are in contract for next season

GK
Bialkowski
Wright

DF
Nsiala
Donacien
Clements
Cotter

MF
Bishop
Downes
Dozzell
Edwards
Huws
Nolan
Nydam
Rowe
Skuse
El Mizouni
McGavin

FW
Harrison
Jackson
Lankester
Morris
Sears
Roberts
Drinan
Folami

Players who are out of contract

GK
Gerken

DF
Chambers
Collins
Emmanuel
Kenlock
Knudsen
Smith
Spence
Webber
Woolfenden

MF
Adeyemi
Judge
Ward

FW
Dawkins

Loanees currently in squad

GK

DF
Bree
Elder
Pennington

MF
Chalobah

FW
Keane
Quaner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad for next season on 09:31 - Feb 11 with 1758 viewsBluefish

Do any of the OOC have an option?

Lambert blamed Hurst for too many changes in the summer window. He then almost matched the number of changes in the January window, he will now be doing the same in the summer. We are going to need to order a lot of letter head to keep the fans happy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Squad for next season on 09:32 - Feb 11 with 1749 viewsitfcjoe

Personally, I think it is going to be difficult to get shot of anyone in contract as no one has really excelled. Can only really see Bart and one of the youngsters like Dozzell or Downes attracting interest and there is the potential that players like Roberts and Rowe may spend more time out on loan but realistically what we have there will be the base for our squad in league 1.

Out of contract players I'd be trying to retain - Chambers, Emmanuel, Woolfenden and Smith. Am not too fussed on Kenlock but he probably should as well. If we can keep Collins and Judge then i would look to but not sure how realistic that is.

Loan player wise I like what I have seen of Bree, but doubt we can get him to drop down and would try and sign Will Keane. The rest are either out of price range, unrealistic or not worth it in my view.

Squad for next season on 09:33 - Feb 11 with 1744 viewsKieran_Knows

Going to be a massive overhaul this summer, but hopefully that'll be the last of the big squad changes that Lambert seems to want too eradicate.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad for next season on 09:37 - Feb 11 with 1706 viewsmonty_radio

Squad for next season on 09:33 - Feb 11 by Kieran_Knows

Going to be a massive overhaul this summer, but hopefully that'll be the last of the big squad changes that Lambert seems to want too eradicate.

But not great for him actually also wanting to bring in his own when the squad is still likely to be bloated, and with little income from sales.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Squad for next season on 09:39 - Feb 11 with 1704 viewsitfcjoe

Squad for next season on 09:31 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Do any of the OOC have an option?

Lambert blamed Hurst for too many changes in the summer window. He then almost matched the number of changes in the January window, he will now be doing the same in the summer. We are going to need to order a lot of letter head to keep the fans happy

A lot do, but never sure in who's favour they are so haven't included them.

Squad for next season on 09:50 - Feb 11 with 1639 viewsPinewoodblue

Squad for next season on 09:33 - Feb 11 by Kieran_Knows

With the size of squad we have there is little scope to bring in fresh faces . Can see some senior players looking for new clubs as we try to reduce the wage bill. Skuse isn't likely to accept a much reduced offer,nor Gherkin, but suspect Chambers will as long as it includes support in getting coaching badges.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Squad for next season on 09:53 - Feb 11 with 1622 viewsPinewoodblue

Squad for next season on 09:39 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

A lot do, but never sure in who's favour they are so haven't included them.

Trouble is, if we are relegated, any option we have may involve paying a higher salary than we would want to pay in Div 1

2023 year of destiny

Squad for next season on 09:56 - Feb 11 with 1597 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Squad for next season on 09:53 - Feb 11 by Pinewoodblue

Trouble is, if we are relegated, any option we have may involve paying a higher salary than we would want to pay in Div 1

Didn't ME say all the current contracts have relegation clauses so wages will be reduced?

Or did I dream that?

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Login to get fewer ads

Squad for next season on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 1583 viewsitfcjoe

Nearly all contracts here have a relegation clause which will see them slashed in half basically so shouldn't be an issue in that regard

Squad for next season on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 1582 viewsportmanking

Squad for next season on 09:50 - Feb 11 by Pinewoodblue

With the size of squad we have there is little scope to bring in fresh faces . Can see some senior players looking for new clubs as we try to reduce the wage bill. Skuse isn't likely to accept a much reduced offer,nor Gherkin, but suspect Chambers will as long as it includes support in getting coaching badges.

My personal opinion is that Lambert will look to move on both Bart and Gerken and bring in another keeper to compete with Harry Wright in League One.

That's one way of saving wages very quickly.

I also agree that Skuse will probably move on as we need a more dynamic midfield. Chambers would be more likely to remain as a partner for Woolfenden perhaps.

There's also no chance of being able to afford retaining Judge - I imagine the option was put into his contract to offer us security if we did somehow manage to stay up, but his wages will be too much for League One.
Squad for next season on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 1579 viewsFixed_It

Do contracts have relegation clauses in them? Would make sense, although with players having the power they do I'm not sure that is likely - but would be helpful if so.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Squad for next season on 09:58 - Feb 11 with 1572 viewsFixed_It

Squad for next season on 09:57 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

Nearly all contracts here have a relegation clause which will see them slashed in half basically so shouldn't be an issue in that regard

Thanks - that answers my question.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Squad for next season on 09:59 - Feb 11 with 1560 viewsPinewoodblue

Squad for next season on 09:56 - Feb 11 by BehindBlueEyes

Didn't ME say all the current contracts have relegation clauses so wages will be reduced?

Or did I dream that?

Thought it was recent contracts. Can see players bring made offers rather than triggering options.

2023 year of destiny

Squad for next season on 10:04 - Feb 11 with 1532 viewsitfcjoe

Squad for next season on 09:57 - Feb 11 by portmanking

My personal opinion is that Lambert will look to move on both Bart and Gerken and bring in another keeper to compete with Harry Wright in League One.

That's one way of saving wages very quickly.

I also agree that Skuse will probably move on as we need a more dynamic midfield. Chambers would be more likely to remain as a partner for Woolfenden perhaps.

There's also no chance of being able to afford retaining Judge - I imagine the option was put into his contract to offer us security if we did somehow manage to stay up, but his wages will be too much for League One.

Have you seen much of Harry Wright? He's a mile behind Bart and Gerken.

I imagine Bart is more likely to stay than go, as his wages will have a clause in. If someone wants him and we can raise a fee then he'll likely go - and if Bart goes I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerken installed as number 1 here.

Where would Skuse move to, and he is still in contract

Squad for next season on 10:06 - Feb 11 with 1513 viewsportmanking

Squad for next season on 10:04 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

I imagine Bart is more likely to stay than go, as his wages will have a clause in. If someone wants him and we can raise a fee then he'll likely go - and if Bart goes I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerken installed as number 1 here.

I wasn't saying Wright would be new number-one, just that he would be promoted to #2.

I still don't think we could justify Bart's wages at even half (9-10k p/w?)

You might be right that Gerken would remain but I just feel if we're going down we need a clean slate in all areas. A new keeper/voice and someone that is comfortable with the ball at their feet.

As for Skuse, I thought he was OOC this summer? I guess he'll be here for another year if he still has 12 months.
Squad for next season on 10:06 - Feb 11 with 1510 viewsitfcjoe

Squad for next season on 09:59 - Feb 11 by Pinewoodblue

Thought it was recent contracts. Can see players bring made offers rather than triggering options.

It's a long term thing - I had sight of a contract back in 2014 which had it in.

Player was on £8k a week, which went up £1k each year of his 3 year contract and if we went down it was £5k per week in L1.

Squad for next season on 10:11 - Feb 11 with 1476 viewsitfcjoe

Squad for next season on 10:06 - Feb 11 by portmanking

I wasn't saying Wright would be new number-one, just that he would be promoted to #2.

I still don't think we could justify Bart's wages at even half (9-10k p/w?)

You might be right that Gerken would remain but I just feel if we're going down we need a clean slate in all areas. A new keeper/voice and someone that is comfortable with the ball at their feet.

As for Skuse, I thought he was OOC this summer? I guess he'll be here for another year if he still has 12 months.

I'd say he's miles of being a number 2, he needs to get out and play some senior football desperately.

Difficult one with Bart, even at £7-8k - we aren't going to pay him off, and he has had a poor season so demand won't be high and he is settled in the area - someone may take a punt on him but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't and he is happy to stay and be number 1 to get confidence back.

Squad for next season on 10:14 - Feb 11 with 1455 viewschicoazul

Squad for next season on 10:04 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

Didnt Gerken sign a new deal recently..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Squad for next season on 10:15 - Feb 11 with 1445 viewsSmithy

Squad for next season on 10:06 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

It's a long term thing - I had sight of a contract back in 2014 which had it in.

Player was on £8k a week, which went up £1k each year of his 3 year contract and if we went down it was £5k per week in L1.

£260k a year for playing in the third tier, those poor footballers!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024