Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These climate strikes today 13:39 - Feb 15 with 18889 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant to see the passion from a bunch of kids who, quite frankly, are putting many adults and certainly most politicians to shame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47250424

PM's response apparently 'get back to school you little horrors, you're being a nuisance' . Bitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These climate strikes today on 15:08 - Feb 15 with 1528 viewscrunchie1978

Complete waste of time and will achieve f##k all.
These climate strikes today on 15:09 - Feb 15 with 1528 viewsLord_Lucan

These climate strikes today on 14:58 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

Classic Brexiteer

Remainer here

I also think a lot of the climate change is sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

These climate strikes today on 15:09 - Feb 15 with 1531 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kids just brainwashed by the teachers.

Nothing to see.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

These climate strikes today on 15:10 - Feb 15 with 1531 viewsGuthrum

These climate strikes today on 14:51 - Feb 15 by Withnail

Well, seeing as the climate has always changed, the impact is probably the same as it always has been.

Didn't one of the so called experts say years ago that our children (who will be grown up now) won't know what snow looks like?

It's OK though, humans can now control the earth's climate apparently.

Affect, yes. Control? Not so sure about that one ...

And the historical impact of climate change has been such jolly events as mass extinctions, ice ages and the like.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

These climate strikes today on 15:11 - Feb 15 with 1521 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 15:08 - Feb 15 by crunchie1978

Complete waste of time and will achieve f##k all.

So, what are you doing to try and change things yourself Crunchie?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These climate strikes today on 15:11 - Feb 15 with 1517 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:09 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

Remainer here

I also think a lot of the climate change is sh1te.

Why?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

These climate strikes today on 15:13 - Feb 15 with 1510 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:09 - Feb 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nothing to see.

Jesus wept. How dare they be concerned for the condition of the planet they'll have to live on because people like you willfully ignore scientific consensus because, well, you know best. The arrogance is staggering.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

These climate strikes today on 15:15 - Feb 15 with 1504 viewsLord_Lucan

These climate strikes today on 15:11 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Why?

"The Man" needs to keep us scared and he needs more tax

He has us just where he wants us at present - now that we all carry tracking devices.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

These climate strikes today on 15:17 - Feb 15 with 1497 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:15 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

He has us just where he wants us at present - now that we all carry tracking devices.

What has that got to do with the scientific consensus going back decades that rapid human greenhouse gas emissions are causing global temperature increases, which historically have led to negative environmental impacts such as mass extinctions?

If we are talking about money I often think the UK (and the US) have missed a trick to become leaders in a new Green industry, there's money to be made there, but nobody is doing it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 15:19]

These climate strikes today on 15:19 - Feb 15 with 1497 viewsGuthrum

Altho, as rather proven by Trump (and the Chinese), The Man would prefer it that climate change didn't exist, so he can reintroduce coal, heavy industry and all those lucrative, high employment things which keep the people happy and increase GDP.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

These climate strikes today on 15:19 - Feb 15 with 1492 viewsfooters

Can I also add that people should use the term global warming rather than climate change. Under the George Dubya government many reports changed the former to the latter to account for plausible deniability. Lobbyists campaigned hard for this change in terminology for good reason. Yes, the climate does change, but humankind's activity has irrefutably made the planet hotter thanks to the erosion of the ozone layer. Calling it climate change leaves open other ambiguous options.

Anyone who denies man-made global warming is worse than an anti-vaxxer. In fact, I'd like them to live on their own planet. Far away from this one.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These climate strikes today on 15:21 - Feb 15 with 1483 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:19 - Feb 15 by footers

Can I also add that people should use the term global warming rather than climate change. Under the George Dubya government many reports changed the former to the latter to account for plausible deniability. Lobbyists campaigned hard for this change in terminology for good reason. Yes, the climate does change, but humankind's activity has irrefutably made the planet hotter thanks to the erosion of the ozone layer. Calling it climate change leaves open other ambiguous options.

Anyone who denies man-made global warming is worse than an anti-vaxxer. In fact, I'd like them to live on their own planet. Far away from this one.

I'm going to make a raft of their still barely breathing bodies to survive the flood waters. Conts.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 15:21]

These climate strikes today on 15:21 - Feb 15 with 1481 viewsfooters

Nothing to see.

"My doctor told me I had a terminal illness but I don't believe him."

Jesus fcking christ.

These climate strikes today on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 1482 viewsFixed_It

Nothing to see.

Yeah - let's blame the teachers!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

These climate strikes today on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 1479 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:21 - Feb 15 by footers

"My doctor told me I had a terminal illness but I don't believe him."

Jesus fcking christ.

We truly are living through the age of ignorance. Some people seem to genuinely revel in their stupidity.

I had better be careful though, we all know, that much like Brexit, the real cause of global warming is not treating these 'alternative opinions' with respect. If we end up fooking up the environment, the real cause will be that I failed to listen to them.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 3:24]

These climate strikes today on 15:24 - Feb 15 with 1478 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey Lucers - were you bought a new tin foil hat for valentines day? That's up there with some of the most paranoid posts ever on this site.

Just because the government uses something as an excuse to raise taxes doesn't mean that something isn't real. Quite the opposite. If it wasn't real they wouldn't be beholden to international agreements (that we volunteered into) that require them to try and change behaviour. Tax is one tool to do that. Although for balance they also give incentives to people to change behaviour - we're having solar panels installed today and will be paid a few hundred every year. Small beer, but a lot larger than any 'green taxes' coming my way.

These climate strikes today on 15:25 - Feb 15 with 1477 viewsLord_Lucan

These climate strikes today on 15:17 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

What has that got to do with the scientific consensus going back decades that rapid human greenhouse gas emissions are causing global temperature increases, which historically have led to negative environmental impacts such as mass extinctions?

If we are talking about money I often think the UK (and the US) have missed a trick to become leaders in a new Green industry, there's money to be made there, but nobody is doing it.

Everything Spruce, everything.

In any case you will note that I said "A lot", not all of it.

Although I seem to remember John Noakes advising me that Nelsons Column would be covered in ice by around now.

These climate strikes today on 15:26 - Feb 15 with 1468 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:25 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

Although I seem to remember John Noakes advising me that Nelsons Column would be covered in ice by around now.

Well it would be helpful for the sake of discussion if you could give us a couple of examples of the kind of thing you mean then.

I do agree that wherever there is a crisis, some vulture will be trying to make money off it. Doesn't make the crisis fake though.

These climate strikes today on 15:26 - Feb 15 with 1469 viewsfooters

These climate strikes today on 15:25 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

Your lifetime is not even a fraction of a blink of an eye in terms of planetary ecology. It will happen. It is happening. To believe this to be some conspiracy is really fcking daft.

These climate strikes today on 15:28 - Feb 15 with 1464 viewsLord_Lucan

These climate strikes today on 15:26 - Feb 15 by footers

Your lifetime is not even a fraction of a blink of an eye in terms of planetary ecology. It will happen. It is happening. To believe this to be some conspiracy is really fcking daft.

When have I ever said I am not daft?

These climate strikes today on 15:30 - Feb 15 with 1461 viewsSwansea_Blue

These climate strikes today on 15:23 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

Yeah - let's blame the teachers!!!

May's spokesperson's response today was quite interesting: ""Disruption increases teachers’ workloads and wastes lesson time that teachers have carefully prepared for".

First time a Tory has ever worried about teachers' workloads!

These climate strikes today on 15:31 - Feb 15 with 1456 viewsfooters

These climate strikes today on 15:28 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

When have I ever said I am not daft?

So long as you don't believe the world is flat or Spence is a Championship-quality right-back we're all good.

These climate strikes today on 15:31 - Feb 15 with 1456 viewsFixed_It

These climate strikes today on 14:36 - Feb 15 by Withnail

I would have protested for remain, if it got me off school.

Fair play to them.

You're still at school?! A failing one no doubt...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

These climate strikes today on 15:32 - Feb 15 with 1455 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 15:17 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

"If we are talking about money I often think the UK (and the US) have missed a trick to become leaders in a new Green industry, there's money to be made there, but nobody is doing it."

This, 100 x this - I've been saying for years that there are huge profits to be made from renewables, and that it's bizarre that governments which are supposedly the most enthusiastic drivers & supporters for businesses and growth of economies, choose to overlook this. But then you remember that they have roles and shares in the oil, gas and fracking industries ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These climate strikes today on 15:32 - Feb 15 with 1452 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:31 - Feb 15 by footers

So long as you don't believe the world is flat or Spence is a Championship-quality right-back we're all good.

I'd forgotten all about Spence until you mentioned him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024