Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12:07 - Feb 19 with 4172 views_

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 13:28 - Feb 19 with 3605 viewsGunnsAirkick

That was a good watch, cheers.

I watched a documentary called The Jihadi Next Door a while ago, when paired with something like this one thing both groups have in common is they both come from mostly deprived backgrounds and quite a few of them will have criminal records.

I think these groups give them a sense of worth and belonging, even if both said groups just spout ignorance (or at worst, get violent). It's easy to label them all scum, but I think a lot of them are a product of how they're been bought up and indoctrinated. Don't get me wrong, whether you're a far-right racist or a Jihadist, their views are abhorrent, but I don't think things will ever change unless we examine how they've got there.

On a side note, there's a Vice channel, I think I saw Jamali on there the other day doing some stand-up, funny guy.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 13:30]
The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 13:38 - Feb 19 with 3557 viewsGlasgowBlue

If the rest of the doc is like the first six minutes then it should be well worth watching. That little bloke was a livewire wasn't he?

I still have that other video to watch that you messaged me. I was going to watch it when the Mrs went away fro a few days but she had me decorating the house instead.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 14:10 - Feb 19 with 3495 views_

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 13:28 - Feb 19 by GunnsAirkick

That was a good watch, cheers.

I watched a documentary called The Jihadi Next Door a while ago, when paired with something like this one thing both groups have in common is they both come from mostly deprived backgrounds and quite a few of them will have criminal records.

I think these groups give them a sense of worth and belonging, even if both said groups just spout ignorance (or at worst, get violent). It's easy to label them all scum, but I think a lot of them are a product of how they're been bought up and indoctrinated. Don't get me wrong, whether you're a far-right racist or a Jihadist, their views are abhorrent, but I don't think things will ever change unless we examine how they've got there.

On a side note, there's a Vice channel, I think I saw Jamali on there the other day doing some stand-up, funny guy.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 13:30]

on 14:12 - Feb 19 with 3483 views_

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 13:38 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

If the rest of the doc is like the first six minutes then it should be well worth watching. That little bloke was a livewire wasn't he?

I still have that other video to watch that you messaged me. I was going to watch it when the Mrs went away fro a few days but she had me decorating the house instead.

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 14:16 - Feb 19 with 3472 viewsLeagueOne

Just to clarify - the EDL collapsed and split up years ago. The closest approximation we now have is Free Tommy and the Football Lads Alliance. How long ago was this made?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

on 14:18 - Feb 19 with 3469 views_

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 14:16 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

Just to clarify - the EDL collapsed and split up years ago. The closest approximation we now have is Free Tommy and the Football Lads Alliance. How long ago was this made?

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 14:22 - Feb 19 with 3445 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 14:12 - Feb 19 by _

The wee fella seems to use "c*nt" as a term of endearment.

Iron Lion Zion

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 14:43 - Feb 19 with 3401 viewsGunnsAirkick

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 14:22 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

The wee fella seems to use "c*nt" as a term of endearment.

Despite the C bombs, he seemed one of the welcoming ones (as did the radio host!)
Login to get fewer ads

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 15:04 - Feb 19 with 3358 viewsGlasgowBlue

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 14:43 - Feb 19 by GunnsAirkick

Despite the C bombs, he seemed one of the welcoming ones (as did the radio host!)

They all seem to have anger issues. There are a lot of heart attacks waiting to happen.

Iron Lion Zion

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 15:21 - Feb 19 with 3339 viewsLeagueOne

on 14:18 - Feb 19 by _

While I agree that I am no fan of their politics either, I think it's important to point out that they lost the argument and fell apart as quickly as they came - which is the important bit.

The EDL was defeated and no longer exists, the fractured elements may be so, but they have always been there in that 10% of the population who always back far right politics. It's nothing new and they always lose.

Approximately 40% of our population in real terms is recent immigrant-descended now one way or another, how on earth do they plan on removing them? The majority of "native" Brits is held in the over 40's, so in the next 20 years time those whose ancestry is not outside of Britain (historically) will be less and less, and thus their movement will be dead. In 100 years time do they honestly think we'll mostly be white?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 15:22]

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 16:50 - Feb 19 with 3263 viewsfactual_blue

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 15:21 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

While I agree that I am no fan of their politics either, I think it's important to point out that they lost the argument and fell apart as quickly as they came - which is the important bit.

The EDL was defeated and no longer exists, the fractured elements may be so, but they have always been there in that 10% of the population who always back far right politics. It's nothing new and they always lose.

Approximately 40% of our population in real terms is recent immigrant-descended now one way or another, how on earth do they plan on removing them? The majority of "native" Brits is held in the over 40's, so in the next 20 years time those whose ancestry is not outside of Britain (historically) will be less and less, and thus their movement will be dead. In 100 years time do they honestly think we'll mostly be white?

They still appear to have a functioning website....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 17:33 - Feb 19 with 3233 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't watch the whole thing but from the little I saw, if he is trying to engage in dialogue and educate, good on him and good luck.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 17:47 - Feb 19 with 3212 viewsDanTheMan

"You're obviously Asian yeah"
"I'm not Asian"
"I'd judge you and say you was Muslim"

Jesus wept. That whole bit with Tommy was painful.

EDIT: Fecking hell just after that "there's black people and there's n****rs". How are people like this!?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 17:50]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 18:32 - Feb 19 with 3160 viewsBlueBadger

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 15:21 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

They still exist, they're currently claiming to be 'yellow jackets' having previously bene the FLA. The names change, the core individuals don't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 3145 viewsGlasgowBlue

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 18:32 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

They still exist, they're currently claiming to be 'yellow jackets' having previously bene the FLA. The names change, the core individuals don't.

Just as the British Union of fascists became the National Front which became the BNP. Different names, same dickheads.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 18:40]

Iron Lion Zion

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 06:45 - Feb 20 with 2933 viewsBlueBadger

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 15:04 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

They all seem to have anger issues. There are a lot of heart attacks waiting to happen.

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 07:00 - Feb 20 with 2915 viewsCoastalblue

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 06:45 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for them.

Be an interesting conundrum for you if you got somebody like that wheeled in front of you?
I guess the reality is that must happen sometimes.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 07:42 - Feb 20 with 2864 viewstractordownsouth

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 18:35 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Just as the British Union of fascists became the National Front which became the BNP. Different names, same dickheads.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 18:40]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 07:48 - Feb 20 with 2859 viewsfooters

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 07:42 - Feb 20 by tractordownsouth

Mosley certainly learnt that he didn't speak for the man in the street when he walked down Cable Street. Farage too much of a coward for that type of thing tho.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 08:00 - Feb 20 with 2833 viewsunstableblue

Did you see the Newsnight piece on Monday night about the UK yellow vest movement - which is basically a collective of EDL, extreme Brexiteers. Nasty bunch, basically former football hooligan core and focussed on anti-Muslim sentiment. Using social media (they walk around with phones raised). Robinson aligned. Incredibly stupid. Calling the BBC reporter - who was very good - fake news and being really agrressive to them.

Saddest part was how they had twisted the tragic story of those three youths killed by a drunk/stoned Asian driver, who is Hindu and full of remorse, into a rallying cry - stating it was a terrorist attack. That he had deliberately mounted the pavement.

Fortunately they are small in number.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:02 - Feb 20 with 2756 viewsLeagueOne

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 18:32 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

It's the same 10% of people they always were though, and they always lose. In 100 years time the white population of the UK will be around the same, if not lesser, than the non-white and will mostly be mixed - so they don't have much longer around. Your literally seeing their last hurrah.

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:03 - Feb 20 with 2749 viewsfooters

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:02 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

It's the same 10% of people they always were though, and they always lose. In 100 years time the white population of the UK will be around the same, if not lesser, than the non-white and will mostly be mixed - so they don't have much longer around. Your literally seeing their last hurrah.

Hang about, this is a football forum, mate. What on earth are you doing talking politics on here?

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:07 - Feb 20 with 2739 viewsLeagueOne

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:03 - Feb 20 by footers

Hang about, this is a football forum, mate. What on earth are you doing talking politics on here?

I know, you wouldn't know it from the fact that 90% of you care more about politics than ITFC. ;)

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:09 - Feb 20 with 2733 viewsfooters

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 10:07 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

I know, you wouldn't know it from the fact that 90% of you care more about politics than ITFC. ;)

It would be quite odd to think a team about to be relegated to Div 3 was somehow more important than the country as a whole. But it is a strange world!

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 17:56 - Feb 20 with 2618 viewsBlueBadger

The EDL are a bunch of bloody gammon berks, ain't they? on 07:00 - Feb 20 by Coastalblue

Be an interesting conundrum for you if you got somebody like that wheeled in front of you?
I guess the reality is that must happen sometimes.

Not really. In those circumstances You Do Your Job. And if they start kicking off, getting abusive remind them of Trust policy regarding abusive behaviour and involve security and/or police.
That's the formal measures you take. Informally, you can drag your heels getting painkillers out, refuse to engage them in all but the most professional levels of conversation or, one of my more 'assertive' colleagues did once, say 'well, you've got your wish, you've no overseas nurse looking after you now. Well done, you've got me now...'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024