Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst Interview 15:55 - Feb 21 with 4002 viewsmattrolow

For anyone interested Paul Hurst has done a special with Not the Top 20 podcast.

Only the final 10 minutes or so on Ipswich and a lot of what we've heard since he left, but it's there if anyone wants a listen.

Available on all your average podcast sites.
Hurst Interview on 15:57 - Feb 21 with 3985 viewsjpring89

Who ??

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Hurst Interview on 20:46 - Feb 21 with 3720 viewsBlueBadger

He might only have 10 minutes on there, but Hurst turns it from an average podcast into one doomed to oblivion.

#didyouseehwhatIdidthere

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hurst Interview on 22:16 - Feb 21 with 3602 viewsSwansea_Blue

I found out yesterday that Swansea sent Dan James on loan to Shrewsbury when Hurst was there, but Hursty cut the loan short and sent him back saying he was no good. (James subject to ~£9m bid from Leeds in the last window).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hurst Interview on 09:08 - Feb 22 with 3380 viewsBlueySwede

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/hurst-reflects-on-time-at-town-in-ntt20-podcast-1-5 Interesting read in my view. He admits he got some things wrong, but I also feel he was dealt a rotten deal in some ways, losing players like McGoldrick, Webster, Waghorn and Garner.
Hurst Interview on 09:44 - Feb 22 with 3317 viewsiamipswich

If his plan was to bring in players from lower leagues who he expected to struggle to adapt and then rely heavily on ageing players who bring zero creativity to the squad then he was doomed from the start.

Bart's performances let him down but despite this, his plan was never going to work.

Poll: Who will return first?

Hurst Interview on 18:23 - Feb 22 with 3119 viewsWonky

Too many things, too many wrong. No revising, no 'maybe he wasn't that bad'.
Hurst Interview on 18:34 - Feb 22 with 3101 viewsSuperblue95

Hurst Interview on 22:16 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

I found out yesterday that Swansea sent Dan James on loan to Shrewsbury when Hurst was there, but Hursty cut the loan short and sent him back saying he was no good. (James subject to ~£9m bid from Leeds in the last window).

Didn’t we do that with future England international Jake Livermore?

Having said that the mind boggles at how such a bang average midfielder played for England

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Hurst Interview on 18:48 - Feb 22 with 3067 viewsthebooks

Yesterday's man and all that, but there's some interesting stuff in there. The removal of McGoldrick's salary from all balance sheets is quite funny.

Hurst failed, but he's not the reason we are where we are.
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst Interview on 19:13 - Feb 22 with 3031 viewsChampionship

Hurst Interview on 18:34 - Feb 22 by Superblue95

Didn’t we do that with future England international Jake Livermore?

Having said that the mind boggles at how such a bang average midfielder played for England

Townsend I think.
Hurst Interview on 19:58 - Feb 22 with 2984 viewsPJH

Hurst Interview on 18:48 - Feb 22 by thebooks

Yesterday's man and all that, but there's some interesting stuff in there. The removal of McGoldrick's salary from all balance sheets is quite funny.

Hurst failed, but he's not the reason we are where we are.

I can think of no reason other than Hurst for us being where we are now.
I would say it is 99% Hurst and 1% ME-for appointing Hurst.
Hurst Interview on 20:03 - Feb 22 with 2973 viewsgiant_stow

Hurst Interview on 19:58 - Feb 22 by PJH

No blame for the fans? A big chunk got exactly what they wanted and probably influenced ME's decision hugely...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hurst Interview on 20:04 - Feb 22 with 2973 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hurst Interview on 19:13 - Feb 22 by Championship

Townsend I think.

Yep. Keane cut it short. Livermore went back early through injury.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hurst Interview on 20:17 - Feb 22 with 2942 viewsRonFearonsHair

Hurst Interview on 20:03 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

No blame for the fans? A big chunk got exactly what they wanted and probably influenced ME's decision hugely...

Did I somehow miss all the 'Paul Hurst's Blue and White Army' chants at the end of last season?
Hurst Interview on 20:57 - Feb 22 with 2880 viewsPJH

Certainly blame for some fans from me (not ME)as an MM disciple.
I did not want MM to go but whoever followed him need not necessarily have made the complete balls up that Hurst did.
As I have said on here before(and will probably say on here again)I said at Brentford and after Brentford that I hoped they got the manager they deserved-they did but we are all suffering for it.
Hurst Interview on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 2838 viewsMVBlue

WTF. Blame for the fans. Don’t make me laugh.
McCarthy was seeing out his contract, albeit he did get some good name players in.
After Mic Mac the last few games were played out in style, showing the potential with freedom to play.
So a new manager was sought and personally I thought the Cowley brothers at Lincoln were the obvious choice, but no, we’ll look at Shrewsbury Towns Paul Hurst. I knew nothing of the guy, but some folk suggested he could do a job. He came with his League 1/2 ways and the players took a look at him and left, or Evans combed the money in. Left us right in the dog muck.
But what do the fans do, through this tenure? Carry on supporting. No vitriol. In comes Lambert next, right into the abyss. And the fans back him too. 20’800 watching us Recently V Rotherham. It’s not the fans buddy.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 21:41]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Hurst Interview on 07:53 - Feb 23 with 2653 viewsthebooks

Hurst Interview on 19:58 - Feb 22 by PJH

Really? He also appointed Keane and Jewel. Lambert's record is poor. A decade of underinvestment in the club as a whole. We should be a top level Championship team, and we're now a League One team. How is this down to one manager who had 14 games in charge?
Hurst Interview on 07:58 - Feb 23 with 2636 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hurst Interview on 09:08 - Feb 22 by BlueySwede

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/hurst-reflects-on-time-at-town-in-ntt20-podcast-1-5 Interesting read in my view. He admits he got some things wrong, but I also feel he was dealt a rotten deal in some ways, losing players like McGoldrick, Webster, Waghorn and Garner.

He sold 3 of those, he didn’t ‘lose’ them

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hurst Interview on 08:02 - Feb 23 with 2625 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hurst Interview on 22:16 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

He’s hardly the first player to not fit in on loan somewhere and go on to succeed back at his parent club - so not really a knock on Hurst that

By god he was bad enough here to give plenty of reasons to criticise him, without needing to make up reasons from his past job which he clearly did very well!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 8:33]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hurst Interview on 08:14 - Feb 23 with 2606 viewsFootballpete

Hurst Interview on 19:13 - Feb 22 by Championship

Townsend I think.

Both.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024