Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does this forum have a political bias? 19:48 - Feb 25 with 21473 viewsDubtractor

I've seen a fair few posts lamenting the lefty bias on here, but I don't see it.

I'd suggest that there is a pretty even mix of posters from right across the political spectrum on here, which is what makes it an interesting place to gauge the political landscape rather that the echo chamber of facebook etc.

I think the issue people have is that, away from that echo chamber whether that be social media or mates at the pub, it jars for people to see views different to their own.

For every Sprucey there is a Pickles, for every Glasgow a Herbivore, for Zed a Bluefish, for every me another equally bland political poster.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:20 - Feb 26 with 3852 viewsGlasgowBlue

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:17 - Feb 26 by footers

Er, why do have sand in an intimate place atm? You've been unnecessarily dickish to me today. Not sure I'm the one with the attitude problem. You will of course disagree.

And there is only one side to my bed- the left side.

Blimey. If ever there was a man who could give it but not take it. Day after day I see you and sprucey chasing others around this board. Which somebidy else also pointed out to you a few days ago.

And now yiu are blubbing over some gentle rib tickling. I’ll bid you goodnight.

I don’t understand the first sentence btw.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 0:23]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:37 - Feb 26 with 3836 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:20 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

Blimey. If ever there was a man who could give it but not take it. Day after day I see you and sprucey chasing others around this board. Which somebidy else also pointed out to you a few days ago.

If posters can point me to my blubbing I would be grateful. Maybe it's that you're not very funny? Soz to break it to you, hun.

Really don't know what's got into you today. You're usually biased but fair.

Not sure what I've said or done to raise your hackles so much. Anyhoo, enjoy your sleep- anything to take me away from this harsh reality will come as a great relief.

Hope you wake up in a better mood.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:57 - Feb 26 with 3823 viewsSpruceMoose

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:17 - Feb 26 by footers

Er, why do have sand in an intimate place atm? You've been unnecessarily dickish to me today. Not sure I'm the one with the attitude problem. You will of course disagree.

And there is only one side to my bed- the left side.

#IgnoreListIsBliss

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does this forum have a political bias? on 05:42 - Feb 26 with 3769 viewsBenters2

Haha! Of course its left of leaning ffs!
Does this forum have a political bias? on 06:56 - Feb 26 with 3748 viewsDubtractor

Does this forum have a political bias? on 22:53 - Feb 25 by Bluefish

Oh! I didn't expect to see me amongst the political loon class on here from either side

Apologies, wasn't flagging you as a loon, just someone who clearly views his politics through a blue lens.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:02 - Feb 26 with 3740 viewsBluefish

Does this forum have a political bias? on 06:56 - Feb 26 by Dubtractor

Apologies, wasn't flagging you as a loon, just someone who clearly views his politics through a blue lens.

Never a need to apologise. I was a bit surprised but not offended. I probably just had me down as a moderate political poster, I am marginally right of centre and have been calling for the TIGs to form for a long time because I don't like the right.

I always get confused when I have new labels because I am so used to Phil constantly labelling me as a troll

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:06 - Feb 26 with 3732 viewstractordownsouth

Does this forum have a political bias? on 22:18 - Feb 25 by Jonnosdreadlocks

How the hell am I far right you tw@t?

Hang on, I thought you get upset when people are abusive on here. Poor little snowflake

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:08 - Feb 26 with 3720 viewsBenters2

Does this forum have a political bias? on 00:20 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

Its the cold steel!

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!
Login to get fewer ads

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:12 - Feb 26 with 3706 viewsBenters2

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:06 - Feb 26 by tractordownsouth

Hang on, I thought you get upset when people are abusive on here. Poor little snowflake

Have you started shaving yet Son?
Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:21 - Feb 26 with 3693 viewstractordownsouth

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:12 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Have you started shaving yet Son?

You put your false teeth in this morning?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:40 - Feb 26 with 3657 viewsBenters2

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:21 - Feb 26 by tractordownsouth

You put your false teeth in this morning?

They would rattle about in your mouth lad.
Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:01 - Feb 26 with 3623 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does this forum have a political bias? on 05:42 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Haha! Of course its left of leaning ffs!

Has it fallen over?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:34 - Feb 26 with 3606 viewsDanTheMan

Well this thread went predictably.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:39 - Feb 26 with 3602 viewsDubtractor

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:34 - Feb 26 by DanTheMan

Well this thread went predictably.

It was ok for about 4 pages.......

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:40 - Feb 26 with 3594 viewsDanTheMan

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:39 - Feb 26 by Dubtractor

You did your best.

But there was nothing you could do.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:40 - Feb 26 with 3597 viewsSonOfSpock

From what I can make out there seems to be more Labour supporters/voters on here than Tory or any other colour.
Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:44 - Feb 26 with 3583 viewsitfcjoe

No, people just don't like being challenged on their views any more as it doesn't happen in many places.

If they are challenged they feel the whole world is against them.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:35 - Feb 26 with 3533 viewstractordownsouth

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:44 - Feb 26 by itfcjoe

No, people just don't like being challenged on their views any more as it doesn't happen in many places.

If they are challenged they feel the whole world is against them.

Yeah I agree. I know the standard of debate on here can sometimes be poor but it’s far better than living in our echo chambers.

I know I wind people up on here occasionally but for the most part I think we all try and get constructive answers from people. Personally I only go on the wind up after people are unable to give answers to serious questions. There are many posters with whom I disagree but I get on with well and there seem to be many such friendships on here which is good

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 3520 viewschicoazul

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:40 - Feb 26 by SonOfSpock

From what I can make out there seems to be more Labour supporters/voters on here than Tory or any other colour.

I believe part of the problem with the discourse is nobody really understands or even hears sensible socially conservative or right wing views anymore.

Take for instance gay marriage. All the mainstream political parties agree that it is a good thing and perfectly fine. I too would agree that people should be allowed to marry who they love past the age of consent to be married, and they should enjoy the vanishingly-few benefits that marriage attracts in this country as marriage is a very good thing, the stable family is a very good thing.

However. I also think people with cake shops should be free to not make cakes for whoever they like, for whatever reason they want or choose to give or indeed not give. I think churches should be free to refuse to conduct gay marriage ceremonies if that is what they want. I think people should be free to hold the opinion that gay marriage should not be allowed on religious grounds without being called homophobic.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:42 - Feb 26 with 3518 viewsGlasgowBlue

Does this forum have a political bias? on 08:39 - Feb 26 by Dubtractor

And then some silly sod decided to post a quote from the founding father of Labour and the tribalism kicked in from the usual suspects.

Oddly enough the same people who were giving Churchill a kicking last week.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:53 - Feb 26 with 3497 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:42 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

And then some silly sod decided to post a quote from the founding father of Labour and the tribalism kicked in from the usual suspects.

Oddly enough the same people who were giving Churchill a kicking last week.

Ayy yo, I wasn't giving Churchill a kicking so don't implicate me with it.

Has your mood improved overnight? You were being a v prickly pear yesterday.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:54 - Feb 26 with 3495 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 07:08 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Its the cold steel!

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Oh look, you're at the grown-ups table again. Waiter, some crayons and a colouring book if you please.

I await you randomly reporting my posts as abuse, you silly sod x

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:57 - Feb 26 with 3486 viewsChampionship

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:54 - Feb 26 by footers

Oh look, you're at the grown-ups table again. Waiter, some crayons and a colouring book if you please.

I await you randomly reporting my posts as abuse, you silly sod x

Does this forum have a political bias? on 10:01 - Feb 26 with 3473 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 09:57 - Feb 26 by Championship

That's definitely our North Essex correspondent, can't even stay within the lines. Smdh.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 21:23 - Feb 26 with 3295 viewscaught-in-limbo

There's a very small group that sees through both the left and the right.

One would have thought that after all we've experienced with Brexit, that group would be much bigger.

That's the power of the media I suppose. Or should I say, that's the job of the media - to perpetuate the myth that we have a strong democracy.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024