Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? 12:07 - Mar 6 with 4707 viewsKieran_Knows

Just curious, are they worth having?

https://en-uk.ring.com/
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 12:09]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:08 - Mar 6 with 2302 viewsFixed_It

They have their knockers.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:09 - Mar 6 with 2295 viewsReuser_is_God

I genuinely don't see the point.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:09 - Mar 6 with 2293 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have the ring doorbell. Very good as it can double up as a security camera as it will record motion even if somebody doesn't ring your bell.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:10 - Mar 6 with 2283 viewsGlasgowBlue

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:09 - Mar 6 by Reuser_is_God

I genuinely don't see the point.

I assume you don't have teenage kids?

Iron Lion Zion

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:15 - Mar 6 with 2246 viewsKieran_Knows

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:09 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

I have the ring doorbell. Very good as it can double up as a security camera as it will record motion even if somebody doesn't ring your bell.

Is that just the standard £89 one? Or a different one?

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:15 - Mar 6 with 2246 viewsitfcjoe

Really handy, for deliveries you can speak to them and tell them to stick under gate etc of you aren’t there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:25 - Mar 6 with 2213 viewsSwansea_Blue

I use mine to shout obscenities at the inlaws when they come to visit. They haven't worked where the voice comes from yet.

(Don't have one in truth, but can see they'd be there uses. If a bit aimed at the paranoid).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:26 - Mar 6 with 2206 viewsChampionship

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:25 - Mar 6 by Swansea_Blue

I use mine to shout obscenities at the inlaws when they come to visit. They haven't worked where the voice comes from yet.

(Don't have one in truth, but can see they'd be there uses. If a bit aimed at the paranoid).

I want one. I am not paranoid, I am just really anti social.
Login to get fewer ads

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 2190 viewsfooters

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:25 - Mar 6 by Swansea_Blue

I was going to ask how this changes Knock Down Ginger for kids. But now I see adults are doing it too.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:35 - Mar 6 with 2162 viewsSwansea_Blue

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:26 - Mar 6 by Championship

I wasn't meaning to imply that people that have them are paranoid. More that the marketing deems to be playing on people's paranoia. But yes, I can see they'd be equally suitable for miserable gits . Or for deliveries, kids, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:41 - Mar 6 with 2131 viewsGlasgowBlue

Video door bell - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:15 - Mar 6 by Kieran_Knows

Is that just the standard £89 one? Or a different one?

It was around £160 but I think they have come down in price since I bought it two years ago.

Iron Lion Zion

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:43 - Mar 6 with 2128 viewsBluebell

My worry would be that anyone who came knocking with intent to rob the house would know that there is no-one at home as it is obvious the person is speaking from away and the house is not occupied. Those adverts on the telly make it all look so 'contrived'.

I guess I am just very security conscious anyway.
Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:45 - Mar 6 with 2119 viewsChampionship

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:43 - Mar 6 by Bluebell

My worry would be that anyone who came knocking with intent to rob the house would know that there is no-one at home as it is obvious the person is speaking from away and the house is not occupied. Those adverts on the telly make it all look so 'contrived'.

I guess I am just very security conscious anyway.

True but they would also know their face has been clearly caught on camera. If they go on to break in they will be caught.
Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:56 - Mar 6 with 2074 viewsBloomBlue

Apparently the theft of them from people's doors is the fastest growing crime in the uk, according to my policeman friend.
Because they cost a lot it's worth pinching them, the irony is funny.
Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:05 - Mar 6 with 2041 viewsWithnail

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:56 - Mar 6 by BloomBlue

Apparently the theft of them from people's doors is the fastest growing crime in the uk, according to my policeman friend.
Because they cost a lot it's worth pinching them, the irony is funny.

Ring will replace any stolen door bells. Which is pretty good, to be fair.

Think they are owned by Amazon now.
Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:29 - Mar 6 with 1988 viewsGlasgowBlue

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:45 - Mar 6 by Championship

True but they would also know their face has been clearly caught on camera. If they go on to break in they will be caught.

and it gives a wide angle view so you can see if they are sneaking around the back so you'd either jump in the car or call the police.

Iron Lion Zion

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:29 - Mar 6 with 1990 viewsBluefish

I have one, it is really good. There is an optional subscription that goes with it. I also have 3 Blink cameras, they also great.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:31 - Mar 6 with 1980 viewsKieran_Knows

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:29 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

and it gives a wide angle view so you can see if they are sneaking around the back so you'd either jump in the car or call the police.

Nice one, seems to be more positive feedback than not, so will definitely look in to getting one.

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:31 - Mar 6 with 1979 viewsGlasgowBlue

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:29 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

I have one, it is really good. There is an optional subscription that goes with it. I also have 3 Blink cameras, they also great.

Yeah I pay £250 a month to record. It's great when we are away ands the kids stay at home as we can see who they have around the house.

I can also see when they are ordering Dominoes despite having a house full of food.

Iron Lion Zion

on 15:11 - Mar 6 with 1870 views_

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:31 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I pay £250 a month to record. It's great when we are away ands the kids stay at home as we can see who they have around the house.

I can also see when they are ordering Dominoes despite having a house full of food.

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:12 - Mar 6 with 1866 viewsChampionship

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 13:31 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

Recording isn't standard? £250 a month? Are you insane?
Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:24 - Mar 6 with 1831 viewsRyorry

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 12:26 - Mar 6 by Championship

We already realised.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:25 - Mar 6 with 1827 viewsRyorry

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:12 - Mar 6 by Championship

You might be assuming GB doesn't have a SOH ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 1823 viewsSpruceMoose

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:12 - Mar 6 by Championship

Very interesting. If someone is paying that to record each month, they must have some stuff worth stealing! Chamionship, Footers, wkj, Pickles, let's Oceans 11 this.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Video doorbells - anyone have one of these, or similar? on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 1824 viewsBluefish

It is about £25 per year for a doorbell recording subscription

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024