Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just imagine... 14:59 - Mar 6 with 2375 viewsskyblue23

Against all the odds we win 80% of our remaining fixtures, the other 20% a combination of draws and loses. We survive relegation and stay in the Championship with a summer to build on the good end of season form. Bart is back on top form, Harrison is scoring goals like there is no tomorrow, Judge signs a new 2/3 year deal and Chambers has given his 8th fist pump in a row!

Next season we go on to win the league like Leicester when they won the Premier League.

We're back in the promise land and this was all scare we look back on and laugh about!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Just imagine... on 15:08 - Mar 6 with 2326 viewsCoastalblue

LSD?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Just imagine... on 15:09 - Mar 6 with 2323 viewsChampionship

I haven't got the imagination needed to imagine your first sentence. No chance with the rest of it.
Just imagine... on 15:23 - Mar 6 with 2274 viewsFixed_It

Think of your own ridiculous scenario...

Come on then, let's have it... predictions! by Fixed_It 6 Mar 2019 14:35
We will win them all. And then look back at all this misery and laugh. Maybe.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just imagine... on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 2256 viewsskyblue23

Just imagine... on 15:23 - Mar 6 by Fixed_It

Think of your own ridiculous scenario...

Come on then, let's have it... predictions! by Fixed_It 6 Mar 2019 14:35
We will win them all. And then look back at all this misery and laugh. Maybe.

Yes, I looked at your comment on a thread and decided to make a post about it because I don't have a mind of my own.

Oh wait, no I didn't..

Well done to you though

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Just imagine... on 15:31 - Mar 6 with 2233 viewsFixed_It

Just imagine... on 15:27 - Mar 6 by skyblue23

Yes, I looked at your comment on a thread and decided to make a post about it because I don't have a mind of my own.

Oh wait, no I didn't..

Well done to you though

In fairness, your scenario is a bit more pessimistic than mine as you have allowed for a few draws. Shame on you!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just imagine... on 15:34 - Mar 6 with 2218 viewshoppy

In your first sentence "Against all the odds we win 80% of our remaining fixtures, the other 20% a combination of draws and loses." did you really need to include the bit after the comma?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just imagine... on 15:39 - Mar 6 with 2195 viewsCoastalblue

Just imagine... on 15:34 - Mar 6 by hoppy

In your first sentence "Against all the odds we win 80% of our remaining fixtures, the other 20% a combination of draws and loses." did you really need to include the bit after the comma?

That's because your brain is hitting the blue screen of death after reading the first bit and try to compute it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Just imagine... on 23:10 - Mar 6 with 1929 viewsBinner

Just imagine... on 15:34 - Mar 6 by hoppy

It's wrong anyway.

If we win 80% of 11 games then we'll have won at least 9 games. Any fewer and we wouldn't have won 80%. We would then have won 81.9% (approx).

So he should have written "Against all the odds we win 80% of our remaining fixtures" without bothering to add "the other 18.1% a combination of draws and los[s]es."

I'll see myself out.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

Just imagine... on 23:12 - Mar 6 with 1919 viewsSpruceMoose

Just imagine... on 23:10 - Mar 6 by Binner

It's wrong anyway.

If we win 80% of 11 games then we'll have won at least 9 games. Any fewer and we wouldn't have won 80%. We would then have won 81.9% (approx).

So he should have written "Against all the odds we win 80% of our remaining fixtures" without bothering to add "the other 18.1% a combination of draws and los[s]es."

I'll see myself out.

Never apologize for deploying sexy maths.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just imagine... on 23:20 - Mar 6 with 1894 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I imagined that we beat Reading by taking advantage of the free headers in their own six yard box they gifted us after taking the lead in injury time.

I imagined we gained confidence to snatch an unlikely point at West Brom and Bristol City before beating Forest and Hull at home and winning against Bolton to get back into the fight against relegation after all.

Then I went to sleep and had this nightmare that Reading were dire and gave us every chance to win but we were so poor that we gifted them two goals ourselves and couldn't take advantage of the gifts they gave us.

If you have paid any attention this season, the likelihood we get more than 1 win from our last 11 matches is slim. The suggestion we will finish anywhere aside from rock bottom depends on a hefty points deduction for Bolton that isn't going to happen.

Try dreaming we have a perfect summer and compete at the top of League 1 next season instead but, to be honest, I currently feel like that may be as much of a dream as your OP.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just imagine... on 23:31 - Mar 6 with 1872 viewsbournemouthblue

Just imagine... on 23:12 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Just imagine... on 23:33 - Mar 6 with 1869 viewsfooters

Just imagine... on 23:12 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

Downie for American spelling. Have pulled you up on date formats before. Don't let it happen again.

Zs barely exist in proper English.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just imagine... on 08:12 - Mar 7 with 1748 viewsmr_bean

Just imagine... on 23:33 - Mar 6 by footers

Downie for American spelling. Have pulled you up on date formats before. Don't let it happen again.

Hmm. Humble pie to be eaten?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/spelling/ize-ise-or-yse
Just imagine... on 08:12 - Mar 7 with 1747 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

It would be the greatest come back since Lazarus, 5 wins in about the last 50 matches.

People forget we flirted with relegation just 2 seasons ago, if you think about it and include the season MM took over, we have had 3 seasons in the last 7 looking over our shoulders.

It was only a matter of time before we went down.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 8:15]

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Just imagine... on 08:15 - Mar 7 with 1732 viewsBackToRussia

Just imagine... on 23:33 - Mar 6 by footers

Downie for modern spelling, using Ss instead of Fs.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Just imagine... on 09:02 - Mar 7 with 1687 viewsNo9

Truth is stranger than fiction-?
Just imagine... on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 1620 viewsBluebell

Just imagine... on 23:31 - Mar 6 by bournemouthblue

Hmmm...... Bit of a VPL there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024