Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... 15:45 - Mar 11 with 9370 viewsSitfcB

....plus he has to pay Grealish £100 compensation

Banned from football for ten years.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:00 - Mar 11 with 932 viewsDarth_Koont

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:24 - Mar 11 by chicoazul

I really hope Grealish posts a picture of the cheque or whatever on his Instagram.

Then burns it for maximum lulz.

Pronouns: He/Him

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:00 - Mar 11 with 935 viewsRadlett_blue

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 18:05 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

Probably about 15 years ago in fairness. I was bottled and stabbed, from behind. 10 stitches in my arm and glue to the head.

Ok, I take the point that the two (knife crime and player attacks) aren't necessarily correlated, but I still maintain my last point that you can't have people running on the pitch tooled up or not, and that a points deduction would be a huge deterrent to over zealous supporters.

I think a points deduction for one idiot running onto the pitch & slapping a player is too severe. At least the buffoon has been quickly convicted, jailed & banned for 10 years.
IMO, points deductions should be reserved for the mass invasions such as Leeds against us at Elland Road a few years ago.
However, the intimidating pitch invasions when Birmingham scored against us in a League Cup semi final in 2001 still rankle.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 928 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 18:07 - Mar 11 by _

It was several youths. I had to look at mugshots at the police station and while some looked familiar I couldn't say for certain (or which ones actually hit/stabbed me as it was from behind) so none got caught. They didn't rob me, no. I legged it. Didn't actually know I'd been stabbed until the police who picked me up spotted it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:14 - Mar 11 with 913 viewsfactual_blue

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:12 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

Stabbed?

Whatever you do Dolly don't overreact will you.

Mind what you say to Dollers; he ate a whole pig-lion yesterday.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 890 viewsTractorWood

I think it's a really sad incident for football. I really rate Grealish as a player and thought he conducted himself well around the incident and to score the winner takes real guts.

Got to say I rate him a bit as a person now too. Not least because he's one of the best players in the league and gets kicked at least 6 times a game.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 889 viewsLord_Lucan

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 18:58 - Mar 11 by stonojnr

maximum sentence for the charges brought were 6 months, so take off some for the guilty plea, even if you think its a bit of a nonsense that part given the evidence he could hardly plead not guilty unless his solicitor thought the charge was completely wrong, so theyve halved the max plus added 2 weeks as I think they do take into account extent of injuries caused, presumably first offence etc etc etc.

but then last Birmingham fan who ran on the pitch to taunt Peter Enckelman, the Villa goalkeeper after he had conceeded a goal in 2002, got 4 months, though we dont know the full details of that

so its probably about right for the charge brought, even if it might feel lenient.

Who said? You don't know under what section he was charged with do you? I haven't seen it reported anywhere.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:30 - Mar 11 with 872 viewsLord_Lucan

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 18:55 - Mar 11 by xrayspecs

Maximum custodial sentence for a magistrates court is six months, according to the reports of the trial.

Yes it is but it can be moved to Crown if deemed that magistrates sentencing isn't adequate.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 20:18 - Mar 11 with 793 viewsxrayspecs

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 19:00 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

I think a points deduction for one idiot running onto the pitch & slapping a player is too severe. At least the buffoon has been quickly convicted, jailed & banned for 10 years.
IMO, points deductions should be reserved for the mass invasions such as Leeds against us at Elland Road a few years ago.
However, the intimidating pitch invasions when Birmingham scored against us in a League Cup semi final in 2001 still rankle.

Hmm

Will have to turn a blind eye to our promotion winning pitch invasion then under Lyall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024