Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
thank god those dark days are behind us 12:15 - Mar 19 with 5898 viewstextbackup

two of the experienced trusted guys...

"We were mid-table and there were no big expectations to win every game"

"We are only Ipswich, not world beaters"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:10 - Mar 19 with 1904 viewsSomethingBlue

thank god those dark days are behind us on 12:31 - Mar 19 by textbackup

if you cant see what we are now, and how the place has moved on since, then there is no helping you my friend

We're a team that is getting relegated by an absolute street, probably by a margin with few parallels in recent times.

I'm fully behind Lambert and I see genuine hope of a strong comeback next season if Evans supports him but let's not sugarcoat exactly what has happened just to reinforce our points about the old regime.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:11]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:16 - Mar 19 with 1893 viewsjeera

thank god those dark days are behind us on 12:31 - Mar 19 by MrTown

And people will still complain that fans shouldn't have got restless. Fans have eyes to see what is going on.

Stagnation and empathy throughout and no wonder fans didn't want to pay to turn up anywhere. Was a club with no activity.

Well there's certainly activity now.

Which is the main thing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:32 - Mar 19 with 1859 viewsCoastalblue

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:10 - Mar 19 by SomethingBlue

We're a team that is getting relegated by an absolute street, probably by a margin with few parallels in recent times.

I'm fully behind Lambert and I see genuine hope of a strong comeback next season if Evans supports him but let's not sugarcoat exactly what has happened just to reinforce our points about the old regime.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:11]

Whilst that's true, the word that seems to best fit the last two or three years is "comfortable"
There's a real sense that the whole club was just feeling comfortable, going nowhere but safe enough for people to coast at times.

Now whilst we are now heading sharply in the wrong direction there is more of a feeling that we are getting the kick up the 'arris we needed and perhaps in the medium term we might see players and club willing to go a bit further to strive and achieve results.

Clearly nobody wants to go down but maybe we need to so that we can actually start treating this as a competitve venture again.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:36 - Mar 19 with 1849 viewsjeera

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:32 - Mar 19 by Coastalblue

Whilst that's true, the word that seems to best fit the last two or three years is "comfortable"
There's a real sense that the whole club was just feeling comfortable, going nowhere but safe enough for people to coast at times.

Now whilst we are now heading sharply in the wrong direction there is more of a feeling that we are getting the kick up the 'arris we needed and perhaps in the medium term we might see players and club willing to go a bit further to strive and achieve results.

Clearly nobody wants to go down but maybe we need to so that we can actually start treating this as a competitve venture again.

Being relegated is not competitive buddy.

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:40 - Mar 19 with 1840 viewsWD19

thank god those dark days are behind us on 12:31 - Mar 19 by MrTown

And people will still complain that fans shouldn't have got restless. Fans have eyes to see what is going on.

Stagnation and empathy throughout and no wonder fans didn't want to pay to turn up anywhere. Was a club with no activity.

#empathyOUT
thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:48 - Mar 19 with 1830 viewsjeera

thank god those dark days are behind us on 13:40 - Mar 19 by WD19

#empathyOUT

Down with empathy!

Funny really.

Shouldn't comment really, but it's hard to be apathetic when you read this stuff.

OK, thanks. (n/t) on 13:53 - Mar 19 with 1819 viewsBloots

Let it go, he's gone x (n/t) on 12:58 - Mar 19 by textbackup

I haven't the time, or energy, so im gonna just leave it for now.

will get back to you on the 3/4 replies later

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

thank god those dark days are behind us on 14:06 - Mar 19 with 1804 viewsvapour_trail

Your posts on football always used to be worth a read.

Now it’s just got a bit embarrassing.

Sort yourself out.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:12 - Mar 19 with 1754 viewsHarryWright

thank god those dark days are behind us on 12:35 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

Safely in mid table. TWTD.

That's just the thing though, just because it's really Sh1t now doesn't mean it wasn't sh1t for the last few years. I have never hated going to football as much as I did then and no matter how bad we have been since that feeling won't change.
thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:14 - Mar 19 with 1749 viewsHerbivore

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:12 - Mar 19 by HarryWright

That's just the thing though, just because it's really Sh1t now doesn't mean it wasn't sh1t for the last few years. I have never hated going to football as much as I did then and no matter how bad we have been since that feeling won't change.

It wasn't sh¡t before though, it was just all very meh. This season it's genuinely sh¡t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:16 - Mar 19 with 1743 viewsPJH

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:12 - Mar 19 by HarryWright

In that case can I ask why you went to football?

If I hated something that much and going to it was avoidable I think the obvious thing would be not to go.
thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:30 - Mar 19 with 1718 viewsWickets

thank god those dark days are behind us on 12:27 - Mar 19 by textbackup

regardless, very poor to hear that.

shows what and where we were as a club

I agree with you and not so long ago i said that i thought MM had got comftable at the club and some on here slagged me off for saying that, this seems to add weight to my argument. No one wanted to go down and of course it has been a terrible season but the appointment of the wrong manager to take us foward has nothing to do the deciding that Mick's time had come. Lets hope the reliable fan base can keep backing PL he deserves the chance to bring us back.
thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:34 - Mar 19 with 1713 viewsWithnail

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:16 - Mar 19 by PJH

In that case can I ask why you went to football?

If I hated something that much and going to it was avoidable I think the obvious thing would be not to go.

Like the Roy Keane days?
thank god those dark days are behind us on 16:17 - Mar 19 with 1682 viewsPJH

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:34 - Mar 19 by Withnail

Like the Roy Keane days?

Exactly like the Keane days for me.
I spent a few months wondering what I was doing there and then thought that I do not have to be there so then I was not there and not remotely missing it.
thank god those dark days are behind us on 21:49 - Mar 19 with 1607 viewsJuggsy

This continues to be our problem though, the remaining 'old pros' are still indoctrinated with that mantra and have forgotten how to be winners. When all the goals left us, we were left with the old pros, largely untried youngsters and players from lower leagues needing to step up massively. It was only going to go one way.

What worries me is that our spine next season will continue to be the old pro defender who is past it and the midfielder who cannot score or look forwards. Loving the club and fist bumps are all very well, but these guys have long forgotten how to be win games or inspire the team to do so.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 21:50]
thank god those dark days are behind us on 22:52 - Mar 19 with 1559 viewsreusersfreekicks

thank god those dark days are behind us on 15:14 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

It wasn't sh¡t before though, it was just all very meh. This season it's genuinely sh¡t.

No it really was. Watching a load of deskilled players not even looking to pass and move but just to launch it at every opportunity had truly run it's course. As is repeatedly said, and only a few can't see it, just because it's awful now doesn't mean it wasn't awful then and time for change. Now move on!
thank god those dark days are behind us on 23:09 - Mar 19 with 1551 viewsHerbivore

thank god those dark days are behind us on 22:52 - Mar 19 by reusersfreekicks

No it really was. Watching a load of deskilled players not even looking to pass and move but just to launch it at every opportunity had truly run it's course. As is repeatedly said, and only a few can't see it, just because it's awful now doesn't mean it wasn't awful then and time for change. Now move on!

You're the one who seems stuck in the past fella. No doubt things had gone stale under Mick but this, bottom of the league and going down by a mile, is awful. Mick it was all just a bit dull. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right time for him to go but the rewriting of history and the desperation to make out that things were as bad or worse in the recent past is ridiculous.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024