Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) 11:47 - Mar 27 with 5769 viewsJ2BLUE

Another 'vegan influencer' caught eating animal products

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/26/the-furore-over-the-fish-e

Hilarious. Always so satisfying to see those that preach the loudest (about anything where they try and influence others) get caught out so publicly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:49 - Mar 27 with 2018 viewswkj

Its almost as if values are second rate to fame and money; shocking

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:52 - Mar 27 with 2005 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:49 - Mar 27 by wkj

It's why you should never be a preachy arsehole. I used to be the same about a low carb diet. Turns out I was wrong. Thankfully I hadn't built a career or become a 'Youtube celebrity' off the back of it and could admit it.

Truly impaired.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:53 - Mar 27 with 2005 viewsitfcjoe

I find it all strange - veganism especially is something where you cannot win, there is always someone 'more vegan' than you.

These YouTubers and Influencers lead a strange life, everything is on a kinifes edge and they paint themselves further and further into corners

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:55 - Mar 27 with 1996 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Now thats funny.

Also, shows what mugs people are for being influenced by these fakes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:55 - Mar 27 with 1996 viewsStokieBlue

It's funny but it's dangerous.

She was advocating a diet to 850,000 people which had actually made her so ill that she had to eat animal products. It had destroyed her body and perhaps she has destroyed other peoples as well.

It's almost as if people without any actual knowledge of what they are doing shouldn't be allowed to propagate such nonsense. Once again social media companies have some responsibility here.

For clarity, this doesn't mean a vegan diet is bad, just the nonsense she was peddling.

SB
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 11:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 1987 viewswkj

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:52 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

It's why you should never be a preachy arsehole. I used to be the same about a low carb diet. Turns out I was wrong. Thankfully I hadn't built a career or become a 'Youtube celebrity' off the back of it and could admit it.

Interestingly, how was you wrong about a low carb diet? I consume minimal sugar, spuds, pasta,or bread purely as my digestive system is shoddy with them, but I always like hearing about what parts of my life raises health concerns.

Crybaby

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 1987 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:53 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I find it all strange - veganism especially is something where you cannot win, there is always someone 'more vegan' than you.

These YouTubers and Influencers lead a strange life, everything is on a kinifes edge and they paint themselves further and further into corners

I have often said on here that anecdotal evidence suggests there is a sweet spot for veganism and then health issues become a real problem.

There will always be an exception to the rule obviously. Just like there are people who live on 100% meat which sounds awful.

Truly impaired.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:03 - Mar 27 with 1943 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:56 - Mar 27 by wkj

Interestingly, how was you wrong about a low carb diet? I consume minimal sugar, spuds, pasta,or bread purely as my digestive system is shoddy with them, but I always like hearing about what parts of my life raises health concerns.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with a low carb diet but it's no more effective for health and weight control than any other diet, in my opinion. I was talking about it in a weight loss context mainly. I used to think it was the only way to diet to preserve muscle, burn pure fat and keep you healthy. Clearly that isn't the case. You get a ton of nutrients from a low carb diet but adding in fruits, vegetables and whole grains is going to be better for most people.

I did wonder if your salad and gammon thing was due to a past or present low carb diet. I have gammon for lunch. It's going in a baguette.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:06 - Mar 27 with 1931 viewswkj

I see a lot of tutting and eye rolling towards influences here, but there is a seriously dangerous side to it too. See antivaxxing - the whole thing perpetuated from a rejected study,- and now doctor too, to Paltrow becoming an influencer, to now many social media people doing the same.

After a time, nature starts to prevail*, but people are in too deep to the point it hurts them to consider they were wrong, they create new evidence out of nothing and the cycle repeats

* https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47715169
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 12:07]

Crybaby

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:07 - Mar 27 with 1929 viewscatch74

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 11:49 - Mar 27 by wkj

“In a perfect universe, Mendoza’s digestion would have been of no interest to anybody but herself. But we live in hell; “

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:10 - Mar 27 with 1914 viewsPecker

I saw a load of cows off to the slaughter house (I guess) in the back of a lorry yesterday and I must say I did fill really sorry for them. I thought, yeh, I am going to give up eating meat products. Then I thought, no more bacon sandwiches (I know that it comes from pigs) and I just couldn't go without a bacon sarnie.
Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:13 - Mar 27 with 1906 viewswkj

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:03 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

I don't believe there is anything wrong with a low carb diet but it's no more effective for health and weight control than any other diet, in my opinion. I was talking about it in a weight loss context mainly. I used to think it was the only way to diet to preserve muscle, burn pure fat and keep you healthy. Clearly that isn't the case. You get a ton of nutrients from a low carb diet but adding in fruits, vegetables and whole grains is going to be better for most people.

I did wonder if your salad and gammon thing was due to a past or present low carb diet. I have gammon for lunch. It's going in a baguette.

Really gammon, eggs and chips is simply because my body doesn't spuds and bread- yes - But gammon and eggs on its own is pretty much just fat and protein, so the salad is the fibre and such. Although really I like it as it is a fancy salad all things considered.

Crybaby

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:15 - Mar 27 with 1896 viewsHerbivore

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/09/my-

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:15 - Mar 27 with 1891 viewsSuperblue95

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:10 - Mar 27 by Pecker

I saw a load of cows off to the slaughter house (I guess) in the back of a lorry yesterday and I must say I did fill really sorry for them. I thought, yeh, I am going to give up eating meat products. Then I thought, no more bacon sandwiches (I know that it comes from pigs) and I just couldn't go without a bacon sarnie.

Makes me very sad seeing/hearing about/thinking about cows and other animals being slaughtered but I f*cking love myself some steak, bacon, sausages, chicken, etc etc.

Ultimately I know I’ll never stop eating meat

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:17 - Mar 27 with 1886 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:15 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/09/my-

I have no issue with vegans. I put anything in bold to try and get that across.

I could have called the thread 'social media influencers' but I didn't put that much thought into it to be honest.

Truly impaired.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:22 - Mar 27 with 1857 viewsHerbivore

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:17 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

I have no issue with vegans. I put anything in bold to try and get that across.

I could have called the thread 'social media influencers' but I didn't put that much thought into it to be honest.

The number of threads about vegans started by non-vegans, usually having a pop of some sort, is quite staggering really.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:23 - Mar 27 with 1845 viewsclive_baker

I think this is more indicative of the society that we live in, that you have to fit into a box somewhere and be labelled as something like it's some badge of honour. I eat meat, but less than I once did, and I don't have an issue with people adopting predominantly plant based diets but adding occasional meat dishes, even if they preach of the virtues of reducing meat consumption simultaneously. Nobody on their own is going to move the needle completely, for me it's more about making a difference, or at least trying to for some people, particularly if diet begins to impact your health.

The lesson really is to not be so preachy in the first place and being so quick to label ourselves and each other. The less meat we eat the better for the planet, but you'll never stop me having an occasional fat steak or big beef burger. Soz.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:24 - Mar 27 with 1838 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:22 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

The number of threads about vegans started by non-vegans, usually having a pop of some sort, is quite staggering really.

I'm not having a pop at vegans. I'm having a pop at fake people really. There are other non vegan examples but this was fresh in the news.

Truly impaired.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:30 - Mar 27 with 1814 viewsGuthrum

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:23 - Mar 27 by clive_baker

I think this is more indicative of the society that we live in, that you have to fit into a box somewhere and be labelled as something like it's some badge of honour. I eat meat, but less than I once did, and I don't have an issue with people adopting predominantly plant based diets but adding occasional meat dishes, even if they preach of the virtues of reducing meat consumption simultaneously. Nobody on their own is going to move the needle completely, for me it's more about making a difference, or at least trying to for some people, particularly if diet begins to impact your health.

The lesson really is to not be so preachy in the first place and being so quick to label ourselves and each other. The less meat we eat the better for the planet, but you'll never stop me having an occasional fat steak or big beef burger. Soz.

Neatly put.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:34 - Mar 27 with 1800 viewsHerbivore

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:24 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

I'm not having a pop at vegans. I'm having a pop at fake people really. There are other non vegan examples but this was fresh in the news.

The thread is entitled veganism and you (and others) seem to be taking great joy in a vegan being caught out eating animal products. Kind of looks like a bit of a pop.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:35 - Mar 27 with 1797 viewsRyorry

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:13 - Mar 27 by wkj

Really gammon, eggs and chips is simply because my body doesn't spuds and bread- yes - But gammon and eggs on its own is pretty much just fat and protein, so the salad is the fibre and such. Although really I like it as it is a fancy salad all things considered.

Interesting - I can't do spuds & bread together either (spuds & wheat really) - individually no problem, but have to leave at least 2 hours between. Thought I was the only one!

Also can't do wheat & meat together, tho spuds & meat at same time = no problem.

Like others, have cut down, only eat meat or fish twice weekly now on av.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 12:36]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:35 - Mar 27 with 1795 viewsPecker

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:24 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

I see Herbivore is on the prowl again.
Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:36 - Mar 27 with 1789 viewswkj

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:22 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

I agree with you in some cases, though there are times when it is curiosity being instigated from something that has become popular, such as veganism gaining a lot of popularity over the recent years.

People who are not part of a group who are curious will likely present an argument in one of two ways
1. Tell me why I'm wrong
2. Tell me why you're right

People who are attacking a group from the outside will likely present an argument as
1. This is why I'm right
2. This is why you're wrong

On TWTD there have been cases where both vegans and non-vegans have approached arguments from both sets, which is why its always so contentious on here.

My own post recently about marketing and curiosities as to whether businesses simultaneously capitalising on and betraying people's beliefs was a curiosity argument as an example.

Crybaby

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:36 - Mar 27 with 1778 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:34 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

The thread is entitled veganism and you (and others) seem to be taking great joy in a vegan being caught out eating animal products. Kind of looks like a bit of a pop.

As I said, I didn't put much thought into the title. I'm taking immense joy in it, just as I would take immense joy in a militant low carber secretly doing the Ornish diet or the recent example of a gold/silver advocate being outed as someone who didn't believe in precious metals at all but was instead buying cryto currencies.

I just love preachy people getting caught out. You only have to look at past vegan threads to see my stance but that wouldn't allow you to kick off would it?

Truly impaired.

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:38 - Mar 27 with 1759 viewsHerbivore

Veganism (sorry in advance Phil/Gav) on 12:36 - Mar 27 by wkj

I agree with you in some cases, though there are times when it is curiosity being instigated from something that has become popular, such as veganism gaining a lot of popularity over the recent years.

People who are not part of a group who are curious will likely present an argument in one of two ways
1. Tell me why I'm wrong
2. Tell me why you're right

People who are attacking a group from the outside will likely present an argument as
1. This is why I'm right
2. This is why you're wrong

On TWTD there have been cases where both vegans and non-vegans have approached arguments from both sets, which is why its always so contentious on here.

My own post recently about marketing and curiosities as to whether businesses simultaneously capitalising on and betraying people's beliefs was a curiosity argument as an example.

Callis is the only poster who has ever really tried to make a case for veganism to convince others and he's been gone for months. Can't the rest of us just be left in peace without these constant outbursts of vegaphobia???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024