Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From today's Daily Mail..... 08:11 - Apr 16 with 28607 viewsBluebell

I won't put up the link but this is taken from an article by Martin Samuel about Paul Pogba, Joey Barton and Mick McCarthy.....

"Meanwhile, at Ipswich, fans are jubilant having been relegated to League One less than halfway through April. They have to be.

Otherwise they must admit that, in the circumstances and given the budgetary restrictions, Mick McCarthy was doing a superb job keeping the club free of relegation trouble, and if the football was less than expansive, it was necessary to survive.

Instead, they made his life a misery and he quit. The managers that have succeeded him, Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert, have won a grand total of four games in all competitions this season.

McCarthy won more than that between August 5 and August 19, in his final campaign. He won 17 games in total before walking out, prematurely, with a 1-0 win over Barnsley. Yet to display unhappiness at an upcoming fixture list that may include trips to Scunthorpe and Rochdale next season would, in many cases, involve admitting being misguidedly harsh on McCarthy."

Makes you think, doesn't it?
From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:38 - Apr 17 with 674 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:13 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Straw manning and goal post moving all over the shop. I'll leave you to it as this is a waste of time.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 11:36]

You mean you're ignoring my points because they're good ones?

Interesting that another poster disputes your stats. I asked earlier if you went through every home game individually for two seasons, jotted down the shots, shots on target and goals, then worked out the percentages, and how long that all took. Funny you haven't replied on that.

If you won't debate it with me, debate it with him. I'll just watch.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:41 - Apr 17 with 666 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:13 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Straw manning and goal post moving all over the shop. I'll leave you to it as this is a waste of time.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 11:36]

Goal post moving? This coming from someone who only used stats from home games (not sure why away games don't count in proving who's the more attacking manager) and from someone who keeps editing his posts.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:41 - Apr 17 with 666 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:38 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

You mean you're ignoring my points because they're good ones?

Interesting that another poster disputes your stats. I asked earlier if you went through every home game individually for two seasons, jotted down the shots, shots on target and goals, then worked out the percentages, and how long that all took. Funny you haven't replied on that.

If you won't debate it with me, debate it with him. I'll just watch.

Yes, I went through the stats. That's how I got those averages, you can't get averages by cherry picking. I'm done now Dollers, so you win the internet champ.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:42 - Apr 17 with 656 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:41 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

Goal post moving? This coming from someone who only used stats from home games (not sure why away games don't count in proving who's the more attacking manager) and from someone who keeps editing his posts.

Ffs, the original debate was about home games as I've explained. Read the thread. I'm done, I've got a stinking cold and I'd get a better debate with my cat so I'm not wasting any more time on this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:44 - Apr 17 with 652 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:41 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Yes, I went through the stats. That's how I got those averages, you can't get averages by cherry picking. I'm done now Dollers, so you win the internet champ.

How long did it take? The stats aren't all lined up on the BBC website, you have to go into each individual game. And you did that for two whole seasons?

Meanwhile, someone using Sky's stats says yours are wrong. Hmm...

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:55 - Apr 17 with 634 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:42 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Ffs, the original debate was about home games as I've explained. Read the thread. I'm done, I've got a stinking cold and I'd get a better debate with my cat so I'm not wasting any more time on this.

I've just re-read the first 4 pages of the thread. Other than you saying you went to home games thinking we could win, no, the debate hasn't remotely been about home games only.

I think your cold's making you cranky. There's nothing wrong with my debating, you just don't like it because I disagree with you that Mick was a more attacking manager than Lambert.

You think all the renewed optimism and reports of better football are just mass delusion. I suggest that's as nonsense as it sounds and you're looking through Mick's tenure with rose tinted spectacles.

I thank Mick for saving us but his football was boring and turgid.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:56 - Apr 17 with 632 viewsPJH

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:37 - Apr 17 by No9

Under MM Town had one of the worse shots tally and THE worst successful pass rate

Good job 50 of those shots went in then.
From today's Daily Mail..... on 12:19 - Apr 17 with 606 viewsNo9

From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:56 - Apr 17 by PJH

Good job 50 of those shots went in then.

Indeed, otherwise relegation would have come sooner.
As it was there was a time when it was not that far away & some were forecasting it.
Login to get fewer ads

From today's Daily Mail..... on 12:26 - Apr 17 with 593 viewsNo9

From today's Daily Mail..... on 08:25 - Apr 16 by blueislander

Well said. Why do people go to football? Is it to see their team win, or to be entertained?

It is a bit of both isn't it?

Do you want to see a team win well by playing football & getting the sort of reputation Town achieved over decades or getting a name hoofing etc?

IT was painfully obvious the longer MM was at PR the more anyone would look at ITFC as a game that could easily be won - & was
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024