Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From today's Daily Mail..... 08:11 - Apr 16 with 28608 viewsBluebell

I won't put up the link but this is taken from an article by Martin Samuel about Paul Pogba, Joey Barton and Mick McCarthy.....

"Meanwhile, at Ipswich, fans are jubilant having been relegated to League One less than halfway through April. They have to be.

Otherwise they must admit that, in the circumstances and given the budgetary restrictions, Mick McCarthy was doing a superb job keeping the club free of relegation trouble, and if the football was less than expansive, it was necessary to survive.

Instead, they made his life a misery and he quit. The managers that have succeeded him, Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert, have won a grand total of four games in all competitions this season.

McCarthy won more than that between August 5 and August 19, in his final campaign. He won 17 games in total before walking out, prematurely, with a 1-0 win over Barnsley. Yet to display unhappiness at an upcoming fixture list that may include trips to Scunthorpe and Rochdale next season would, in many cases, involve admitting being misguidedly harsh on McCarthy."

Makes you think, doesn't it?
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:08 - Apr 17 with 1761 viewsmrshallisfit

From today's Daily Mail..... on 08:25 - Apr 17 by bluejacko

Well not seeing the wood for the trees spring to mind,would you care to actually elaborate were my facts are wrong or are you just going to sling more insults?

If you were part of the fans that attacked his style while we had a fighting chance of winning at Carrow Road for the first time in ages then I cant be bothered to engage.
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:10 - Apr 17 with 1759 viewsNo9

Isn't the DM anti ITFC or / & ME?
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:11 - Apr 17 with 1753 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 08:30 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

In which games did we have zero shots on target? Have a look at our stats from many of our home games this season, it doesn't make pretty reading. Frequently only 1 to 3 shots on target. Against Wigan and Rotherham we mustered 5 shots in total across the two matches.

EDIT - I decided to have a look into this and there were no games last season where we managed ZERO shots on target at Portman Road. In fact only once did we register fewer than two shots on target in a game at PR, and that was the absolutely awful game against Burton where we only managed one shot on target (no argument from me, that was one of the very worst of the MM era). Contrast that with this season we've managed to have only one shot on target on 5 occasions, roughly a quarter of our home games (granted only 2 of those games were under Lambert).

To contrast Lambert's and MM's records at Portman Road directly, under Mick last season we averaged 11.9 shots per games with 3.95 on target and scoring 1.29 goals per game. Under Lambert this season we're averaging 10.86 shots per game, with 3.07 on target, scoring 1 goal per game.

So basically it's not true that we are creating loads more under Lambert than we did under Mick, we're creating and scoring less. The most shots we've managed at PR under Lambert is 17, in a game where we scored 1 goal. Under Mick we created 20 in one game and scored 5. This is why I talk about collective delusion, Dollers. Everyone wants it to be great under Lambert to such an extent that they've convinced themselves that it actually is great. The facts don't lie, however.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 9:59]

Haha. You've literally plucked the two worst games out of the season in terms of shots! We can all cherrypick - away at West Brom we had 22 shots, the game before (home to Reading) we had 17. Before that (AWAY to Wigan) we had 12. At home to Forest and Hull recently we had 16 and 15.

People continually complained about lack of shots under Mick. We even cheered them when we had one. You don't hear those complaints or ironic cheering this season.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:12 - Apr 17 with 1752 viewsNo9

From today's Daily Mail..... on 19:42 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

It was pathetic. He should have been given a decent send off, not treated like he was.

As the old saying goes:- I takes two to tango

Wasn't thins much the same way he had left his prefious club management jobs?
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:17 - Apr 17 with 1739 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:12 - Apr 17 by No9

As the old saying goes:- I takes two to tango

Wasn't thins much the same way he had left his prefious club management jobs?

I don't recall Mick calling anyone a paedophile after it had already been announced he was leaving. It takes two to tango is such a bland, meaningless cop out. The fans had got what they wanted, their behaviour over the last few games was a disgrace.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:18 - Apr 17 with 1734 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:01 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Hi Dollers, see my edited response to you above. Essentially everything in your post is incorrect.

Not at all. You've been selective again - only using shots at Portman Road. I wonder why that is!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:27 - Apr 17 with 1729 viewsNo9

From today's Daily Mail..... on 08:25 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

I used to enjoy the feeling of winning games, and of going to games thinking we could win.

??
Even season during 2014 /15 home wins were more hoed for than assured.
Look at Town looked nailed on for auto promotoion at New year then fluffed it by losing / drawing too many home games - the record is plain to see.

That season was capped by a PO game at the budgies when Town with the best striker in the division only had one shot on goal - from the CH courtesy of a GK error.

MM's contract should never have been re-newed after that.
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:32 - Apr 17 with 1723 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:11 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

Haha. You've literally plucked the two worst games out of the season in terms of shots! We can all cherrypick - away at West Brom we had 22 shots, the game before (home to Reading) we had 17. Before that (AWAY to Wigan) we had 12. At home to Forest and Hull recently we had 16 and 15.

People continually complained about lack of shots under Mick. We even cheered them when we had one. You don't hear those complaints or ironic cheering this season.

Your last sentence: that's because of collective delusion. Look at the stats. All of them. We're scoring less and creating less chances under Lambert than we did under Mick.

Login to get fewer ads

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:34 - Apr 17 with 1716 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:18 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

Not at all. You've been selective again - only using shots at Portman Road. I wonder why that is!

Do you want me to go through the away games as well? We went about 3 months without scoring away under Lambert so I don't think that one will work out well for you. You are a study in cognitive dissonance though Dollers so I can throw facts at you until I'm blue in the face and it'll make no difference.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:37 - Apr 17 with 1710 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:32 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Your last sentence: that's because of collective delusion. Look at the stats. All of them. We're scoring less and creating less chances under Lambert than we did under Mick.

So you're just ignoring the stats I've posted (which are home AND away)?

Incidentally, where did you get your stats from for last season? Post the link and I'll have a look at the away from home shots and see why you're omitting them.

We're certainly scoring less due to getting rid of our strikers... but we're definitely playing more attacking football than under Mick. That's why the fans are so onside now.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:37 - Apr 17 with 1711 viewsNo9

In which games did we have zero shots on target? Have a look at our stats from many of our home games this season, it doesn't make pretty reading. Frequently only 1 to 3 shots on target. Against Wigan and Rotherham we mustered 5 shots in total across the two matches.

EDIT - I decided to have a look into this and there were no games last season where we managed ZERO shots on target at Portman Road. In fact only once did we register fewer than two shots on target in a game at PR, and that was the absolutely awful game against Burton where we only managed one shot on target (no argument from me, that was one of the very worst of the MM era). Contrast that with this season we've managed to have only one shot on target on 5 occasions, roughly a quarter of our home games (granted only 2 of those games were under Lambert).

To contrast Lambert's and MM's records at Portman Road directly, under Mick last season we averaged 11.9 shots per games with 3.95 on target and scoring 1.29 goals per game. Under Lambert this season we're averaging 10.86 shots per game, with 3.07 on target, scoring 1 goal per game.

So basically it's not true that we are creating loads more under Lambert than we did under Mick, we're creating and scoring less. The most shots we've managed at PR under Lambert is 17, in a game where we scored 1 goal. Under Mick we created 20 in one game and scored 5. This is why I talk about collective delusion, Dollers. Everyone wants it to be great under Lambert to such an extent that they've convinced themselves that it actually is great. The facts don't lie, however.

Under MM Town had one of the worse shots tally and THE worst successful pass rate
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:38 - Apr 17 with 1710 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:27 - Apr 17 by No9

??
Even season during 2014 /15 home wins were more hoed for than assured.
Look at Town looked nailed on for auto promotoion at New year then fluffed it by losing / drawing too many home games - the record is plain to see.

That season was capped by a PO game at the budgies when Town with the best striker in the division only had one shot on goal - from the CH courtesy of a GK error.

MM's contract should never have been re-newed after that.

Mick should have been let go after guiding us into the play offs? Jesus wept.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:39 - Apr 17 with 1697 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:34 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Do you want me to go through the away games as well? We went about 3 months without scoring away under Lambert so I don't think that one will work out well for you. You are a study in cognitive dissonance though Dollers so I can throw facts at you until I'm blue in the face and it'll make no difference.

I've thrown facts at you and you've ignored them! You picked out our two worst home performances (in terms of shots) to prove your point.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:40 - Apr 17 with 1689 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:37 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

So you're just ignoring the stats I've posted (which are home AND away)?

Incidentally, where did you get your stats from for last season? Post the link and I'll have a look at the away from home shots and see why you're omitting them.

We're certainly scoring less due to getting rid of our strikers... but we're definitely playing more attacking football than under Mick. That's why the fans are so onside now.

I looked at the match stats on BBC sport, feel free to trawl through and check. Go back through the thread, the initial discussion was about home games which is why I've focused on those. You are banging on about one away game now ffs. Collective delusion.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:42 - Apr 17 with 1682 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:39 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

I've thrown facts at you and you've ignored them! You picked out our two worst home performances (in terms of shots) to prove your point.

I've literally gone through all the home games for the last two seasons you div, look at the stats I posted ffs.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:42 - Apr 17 with 1678 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:40 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

I looked at the match stats on BBC sport, feel free to trawl through and check. Go back through the thread, the initial discussion was about home games which is why I've focused on those. You are banging on about one away game now ffs. Collective delusion.

I'm not banging on about one away game, I posted several games both home and away. Have you forgotten how to read?

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:53 - Apr 17 with 1655 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:37 - Apr 17 by No9

Under MM Town had one of the worse shots tally and THE worst successful pass rate

And it's worse under Lambert.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:54 - Apr 17 with 1651 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:42 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not banging on about one away game, I posted several games both home and away. Have you forgotten how to read?

I've gone through every game at PR in the last 2 years Dollers, but you are ignoring that.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:55 - Apr 17 with 1647 viewsNo9

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:53 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

And it's worse under Lambert.

No one is denying things presently are not good

You were making out under MM a visit to PR was akin to utopia
From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:57 - Apr 17 with 1642 viewsKieran_Knows

Well done all, 7 pages on a thread about our ex, ex manager.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:59 - Apr 17 with 1634 viewsBrixtonBlue

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:42 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

I've literally gone through all the home games for the last two seasons you div, look at the stats I posted ffs.

Resorting to insults now?

You INITIALLY posted the worst two. It's in the thread.Then you suddenly appeared with a breakdown of shots per game average, shots on target average and goals scored - by individually looking at every home game for two seasons on the BBC website. How long did that take you?!?

As a side note - showing attacking football isn't just determined by actual shots. There are lots more things that come into play such as crosses into the box. Unfortunately we don't have the strikers that Mick had to finish them off - and that's largely why we've gone down.

To rewrite history so that Mick is now an attacking manager is laughable.

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:59 - Apr 17 with 1634 viewsNo9

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:38 - Apr 17 by Herbivore

Mick should have been let go after guiding us into the play offs? Jesus wept.

It was pretty obvious MM had reached the peak of his potential achievements at ITFC
The second half of the 2014 /15 season was not good after Norwich the only was was down.
From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:12 - Apr 17 with 1620 viewsbluejacko

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:08 - Apr 17 by mrshallisfit

If you were part of the fans that attacked his style while we had a fighting chance of winning at Carrow Road for the first time in ages then I cant be bothered to engage.

Both my posts you had a go at had nothing to do with the style of football it was his behaviour towards the fans and at his last press conferences I was referring to. So perhaps you should actually read what you are responding to.
From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:13 - Apr 17 with 1618 viewsHarryWright

Where did you get these stats from because my post from earlier came from sky sports match stats and there was two games with zero shots on target at home and then 9 with just 2 and then 11 of his 21 games with 3 or less. Once I get time I’ll go find them.
From today's Daily Mail..... on 11:13 - Apr 17 with 1617 viewsHerbivore

From today's Daily Mail..... on 10:59 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

Resorting to insults now?

You INITIALLY posted the worst two. It's in the thread.Then you suddenly appeared with a breakdown of shots per game average, shots on target average and goals scored - by individually looking at every home game for two seasons on the BBC website. How long did that take you?!?

As a side note - showing attacking football isn't just determined by actual shots. There are lots more things that come into play such as crosses into the box. Unfortunately we don't have the strikers that Mick had to finish them off - and that's largely why we've gone down.

To rewrite history so that Mick is now an attacking manager is laughable.

Straw manning and goal post moving all over the shop. I'll leave you to it as this is a waste of time.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 11:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024