Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thread for your ideal transfers 20:56 - Apr 21 with 6230 viewsMagiltonsMagic

Sorry if already posted, just wanted to get a thread going for all signings you would like too see? i'll start, James Norwood or Tom Eaves.
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 6209 viewsSuperblue95

Harry Kane, Virgil Van Dyke, Eden Hazard, Manuel Neuer, Jordi Alba and Kyle Walker would be alright and in areas we need filling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:11 - Apr 21 with 6195 viewsbontcho

Not sure if ideal, but Ivo Pinto could do s good job for us.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 6185 viewsMagiltonsMagic

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:05 - Apr 21 by Superblue95

Harry Kane, Virgil Van Dyke, Eden Hazard, Manuel Neuer, Jordi Alba and Kyle Walker would be alright and in areas we need filling

you know what? I think you've hit the nail on the head. Why not Messi while were at it?
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 6181 viewsMagiltonsMagic

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:11 - Apr 21 by bontcho

Not sure if ideal, but Ivo Pinto could do s good job for us.

is his contract up in the summer?
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:14 - Apr 21 with 6182 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We're moving to a level where i have limited knowledge which is depressing in itself. I'd like to see Keane stay as he has genuine quality.

Norwood has goals in him but untested at this level i believe. Would take if price is ok.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:19 - Apr 21 with 6161 viewsMagiltonsMagic

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:14 - Apr 21 by Terry_Nutkins

We're moving to a level where i have limited knowledge which is depressing in itself. I'd like to see Keane stay as he has genuine quality.

Norwood has goals in him but untested at this level i believe. Would take if price is ok.

I am unsure on Keane, he has shown he has some ability, not just wages terrify me. Norwood would be free and coming from Tranmere, wages shouldn't be too much. worth a punt? who knows.
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:21 - Apr 21 with 6142 viewsHARRY10

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:14 - Apr 21 by Terry_Nutkins

I think 'fantasy transfer' is more in keeping.

We will be around £7m lighter in the way of income next season which suggests even freebies will be out of our budget, unless their wages are rather low.

I do wonder if some of our fans recognise just how bad things will be next season, money wise.
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:24 - Apr 21 with 6136 viewsbontcho

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:13 - Apr 21 by MagiltonsMagic

is his contract up in the summer?

Believe so.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:30 - Apr 21 with 6121 viewsMagiltonsMagic

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:21 - Apr 21 by HARRY10

We will be around £7m lighter in the way of income next season which suggests even freebies will be out of our budget, unless their wages are rather low.

I do wonder if some of our fans recognise just how bad things will be next season, money wise.

Totally agree. Thats why Keane worries me. League 1/2 players like Norwood/Eaves/Nelson etc is the way forward
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:31 - Apr 21 with 6106 viewsSuperblue95

you know what? I think you've hit the nail on the head. Why not Messi while were at it?

Well come on be realistic

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:39 - Apr 21 with 6076 viewsbobbyramsey

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:30 - Apr 21 by MagiltonsMagic

Totally agree. Thats why Keane worries me. League 1/2 players like Norwood/Eaves/Nelson etc is the way forward

You mean like Harrison, Jackson, Toto and Nolan?
Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:43 - Apr 21 with 6074 viewsMagiltonsMagic

Thread for your ideal transfers on 21:39 - Apr 21 by bobbyramsey

You mean like Harrison, Jackson, Toto and Nolan?

err, yeah. you've got a point. Nolan and Nsiala are starting to get there tho.. but yeah, I kinda retract what I said
Thread for your ideal transfers on 23:12 - Apr 21 with 5915 viewsbournemouthblue

The thing with frees is you may pay no transfer fee but still pay money through signing on fees and inflated wages so they can still be quite costly

Norwood will be wanted by a number of clubs so there will certainly be a bidding war on wages

As with any transfer fees paid, there surely has to be a weighing up of the long term costs if we can't bounce back quickly. Do you gamble a bit more early on to negate the long term risks of a longer stay? How much does it cost to buy your way out of League One versus how much it's going to cost you being there for a few seasons

Sadly I fear, Evans views any gambled investment a risk too far which means simply no investment unless it is with fees obtained from sales

The general policy McCarthy onwards has been gambling on us finding a few freak bargains who can help shoot us into 6th place and win the play-off final. It has been a monumentally flawed approach which worked once with a decent manager in charge and even that almost backfired.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 23:17]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Thread for your ideal transfers on 07:56 - Apr 22 with 5689 viewsmeekreech

Before looking at incoming the squad has to be reduced to rid us of the Hurst rubbish, ( toto nolan Harrison Jackson etc ) to make room for the youngsters and a couple of experienced players of better quality. We do not need to bring in players from the lower leagues as they are likely to lower our standards again !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Thread for your ideal transfers on 08:35 - Apr 22 with 5639 viewsHerbivore

Thread for your ideal transfers on 07:56 - Apr 22 by meekreech

Before looking at incoming the squad has to be reduced to rid us of the Hurst rubbish, ( toto nolan Harrison Jackson etc ) to make room for the youngsters and a couple of experienced players of better quality. We do not need to bring in players from the lower leagues as they are likely to lower our standards again !

Nolan has played regularly under Lambert, there's no way we'll sell him or Toto. One of Harrison or Jackson might go if we get an offer but both are more than capable at League 1 level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thread for your ideal transfers on 09:08 - Apr 22 with 5587 viewsfactual_blue

He's not proven at this level.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thread for your ideal transfers on 10:18 - Apr 22 with 5514 viewsBlueBadger

Isn't buying League 1/2 players like yjem how we ended up in this mes in the first place though?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thread for your ideal transfers on 10:24 - Apr 22 with 5496 viewsBlueBadger

Thread for your ideal transfers on 09:08 - Apr 22 by factual_blue

He's not proven at this level.

Never tracks back either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Thread for your ideal transfers on 10:51 - Apr 22 with 5457 viewshadleighboyblue

Has Keane ever been a massive goalscorer ?

His injury record and wages would rule him out of coming here .

We are going to find it hard to attract loans or signings next year , Premiership clubs loan to Championship clubs .
Thread for your ideal transfers on 10:59 - Apr 22 with 5438 viewsFartman

But Evans is going to plug the money hole created by the relegation - aka lost income from TV-rights and other league income.

Only freebies and loans signings during the summer. Brexit will reduce the chance of signing talents from abroad. Not that we have been doing that lately...

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Thread for your ideal transfers on 11:05 - Apr 22 with 5430 viewsmonty_radio

Thread for your ideal transfers on 07:56 - Apr 22 by meekreech

All four players in your bracket are likely to be regularly in the matchday squad unless someone somewhere matches our previous burning desire to spend relatively big on a punt.
Nolan will be a lynch-pin, as probably would a fit Harrison.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 18:38]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Thread for your ideal transfers on 12:56 - Apr 22 with 5341 viewsmeekreech

Thread for your ideal transfers on 11:05 - Apr 22 by monty_radio

All four players in your bracket are likely to be regularly in the matchday squad unless someone somewhere matches our previous burning desire to spend relatively big on a punt.
Nolan will be a lynch-pin, as probably would a fit Harrison.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 18:38]

If they are we will be looking at another season of relegation being a strong possibility! It was bringing them in the start of our problems with relegation the result. If we are going to be able to attempt to win promotion we need to be rid of the players mainly the cause of that situation !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Thread for your ideal transfers on 13:03 - Apr 22 with 5312 viewsHerbivore

Thread for your ideal transfers on 12:56 - Apr 22 by meekreech

If they are we will be looking at another season of relegation being a strong possibility! It was bringing them in the start of our problems with relegation the result. If we are going to be able to attempt to win promotion we need to be rid of the players mainly the cause of that situation !

Nolan, Nsiala and Harrison have all performed well in League 1 previously. What makes you think they are now relegation fodder at that level?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thread for your ideal transfers on 13:50 - Apr 22 with 5273 viewsBlueBadger

Thread for your ideal transfers on 10:18 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Isn't buying League 1/2 players like yjem how we ended up in this mes in the first place though?

Oh Pickles, you've gone Full Grimboy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024