Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** 22:21 - Apr 21 with 12796 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lisa is definitely a UCO sent in by Hastings to investigate Corbett. She ordered him to be killed as he was releasing too much information about the plans and the other members of the gang and H. He is on the other end of the laptop trying to get info.

Hastings is not bent but the money that he had is from some dodgy investment with that other strange man who keeps popping up.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 10:31 - Apr 29 with 3281 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 10:24 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

There's potential for that.

Curious that they have chosen to suddenly show Jackie's leg in the freezer 4 series after it was put there, for no reason.

Unless Mercurio has worked out that people will assume she is their child by the fact we know they were together before Gates got married and she's mixed race. Would be a great red herring to throw in by having Jackie's body resurface.

Also interesting that chose to dump it now with Corbett's remains. Why hold onto it for 7 years and suddenly get rid once Corbett is dead? What's the connection there?

Does Lisa know her mum was Laverty and was she actively involved in having her killed? Perhaps she was given up for adoption or something? Very much doubt they'd knowingly have her in the next room to her mums body.

The viewer is DEFINATELY supposed to think that she could be. Other wise no reason at all for Jackie Laverty to come up.

And another thing!

What if it is Kate!!!

She's been undercover loads but has no understanding of anything Corbett is doing and little sympathy.

She's been the one throwing suspicion on Hastings, leaving his picture up there, reporting him and so on.

She's also been directly involved in all the really suspicious stuff - Eastfields raid when there was radio silence. What if she turned the radio off or wasn't actually trying to contact Hastings?

Left field one. But not impossible. This is where Jed Mercurio is so clever. At least 10 plausible suspects if it's even someone we currently suspect.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 10:33 - Apr 29 with 3279 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 10:29 - Apr 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Can't help but think that Gill (the woman that Ted slept with) is involved.

I reckon she is H and is working in tandem with Moffat to frame Ted. First the money and perhaps she will use the semen from her night with Ted to make it seem as if he was involved in the OCG and their sex trafficking.

That fits perfectly but the fact it seems so plausible is what makes me think it won't be her.

As you say, would be perfect way to get Ted on the hook. They know he isn't going to go with some random prostitute, and Gill has been making a beeline for Hastings like he's Brad Pitt for a while.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:01 - Apr 29 with 3245 viewsitfcjoe

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 10:31 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

And another thing!

What if it is Kate!!!

She's been undercover loads but has no understanding of anything Corbett is doing and little sympathy.

She's been the one throwing suspicion on Hastings, leaving his picture up there, reporting him and so on.

She's also been directly involved in all the really suspicious stuff - Eastfields raid when there was radio silence. What if she turned the radio off or wasn't actually trying to contact Hastings?

Left field one. But not impossible. This is where Jed Mercurio is so clever. At least 10 plausible suspects if it's even someone we currently suspect.

Kate has been really quiet this series, other than say "alright mate" to Steve every now and again she has barely been involved - it is all very strange.

Does anyone think the Caddy will still come back into this somehow?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:06 - Apr 29 with 3231 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:01 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

Kate has been really quiet this series, other than say "alright mate" to Steve every now and again she has barely been involved - it is all very strange.

Does anyone think the Caddy will still come back into this somehow?

Another line of enquiry that I am actively pursuing Joe.

Cottan was shown to be dying at the end of Series 3, recorded his dying declaration but nothing has been said about him since. No funeral, no mention of his death, nothing. For all we know he's in Blackthorn himself doing life.

We were intended to believe that he'd been killed but, there has never been any confirmation that he died.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:09 - Apr 29 with 3223 viewsitfcjoe

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:06 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Cottan was shown to be dying at the end of Series 3, recorded his dying declaration but nothing has been said about him since. No funeral, no mention of his death, nothing. For all we know he's in Blackthorn himself doing life.

We were intended to believe that he'd been killed but, there has never been any confirmation that he died.

There is a lot to answer next week, I think it is a 'feature length' episode which presumably means 90 minutes.

I'm really interested in the relationship between Hastings and Lisa and looking forward to that being explained further.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:11 - Apr 29 with 3217 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brienne of Tarth is carrying Frodo's child, although Lee Banks thinks it's his. Def info!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:27 - Apr 29 with 3198 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:06 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Does Steve's missus fit in to this at any point.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:40 - Apr 29 with 3184 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:27 - Apr 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Does Steve's missus fit in to this at any point.

I can't see how at the moment.

She worked with Hargreaves, under him. So she's not going to be H surely unless it is somehow the perfect cover, but it seems as if her only involvement is to highlight the effect of Steve's accident.

But there's certainly enough left there to make you wonder if she's involved somehow. She's suddenly decided to try and get back with him after not giving a monkeys when he was in a wheelchair.

I doubt they'd go to the lengths of showing Steve unable to perform just for the sake of it. So does feel like there's something he's hidden about his condition potentially or she's up to something, but I can't see what based on what they've given us thus far.

To be resolved seems to be

Who is H?
Why was Gill so keen to bed Ted?
Who is framing Ted? (No way if he's H would he need to be thrown £50k and would be living in a Travel Lodge)
How is Northern Ireland involved?
Who is Lisa?

I still think the most likely outcome is Ted knew Corbett's mother / father from Northern Ireland and that's why it was so personal, that it is not a cop who is H, that Lisa could be somehow connected to Gates / Laverty and that someone (either Mrs Hastings, Mark Moffat, Gill or Kate) are framing Ted.

Login to get fewer ads

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:42 - Apr 29 with 3181 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:40 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

She worked with Hargreaves, under him. So she's not going to be H surely unless it is somehow the perfect cover, but it seems as if her only involvement is to highlight the effect of Steve's accident.

But there's certainly enough left there to make you wonder if she's involved somehow. She's suddenly decided to try and get back with him after not giving a monkeys when he was in a wheelchair.

I doubt they'd go to the lengths of showing Steve unable to perform just for the sake of it. So does feel like there's something he's hidden about his condition potentially or she's up to something, but I can't see what based on what they've given us thus far.

Who is H?
Who is framing Ted? (No way if he's H would he need to be thrown £50k and would be living in a Travel Lodge)
Who is Lisa?

I still think the most likely outcome is Ted knew Corbett's mother / father from Northern Ireland and that's why it was so personal, that it is not a cop who is H, that Lisa could be somehow connected to Gates / Laverty and that someone (either Mrs Hastings, Mark Moffat, Gill or Kate) are framing Ted.

Corbetts dad could have been the cop who went over the pipe bomb with Ted.. No?

Or is that the wrong time period. Maybe Corbett blames Ted.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:44 - Apr 29 with 3179 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:42 - Apr 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Corbetts dad could have been the cop who went over the pipe bomb with Ted.. No?

Or is that the wrong time period. Maybe Corbett blames Ted.

Seems to fit.

Corbett was born in 1979 and adopted in 1989. I think they said his dad died in 1984 when he was 5.

That would make Ted (who I assuming is about 60), 26 at the time it happened, so certainly old enough to be a serving Policeman with the RUC.

I initially assumed that Corbett's dad would be the one who died until last night when they mentioned the kidnapping of his mum and her being a Police informant.

Perhaps Ted left the RUC because she was killed after informing and this is why Corbett wanted Hastings so bad, because he considers that Hastings indirectly led to his mother being killed and him then being an orphan.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:47 - Apr 29 with 3173 viewsitfcjoe

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:40 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Who is H?
Who is Lisa?

There was Steve taking painkillers in 1st episode then nothing spoken of again, and now him unable to get it up. Those things haven't really been built on and are a bit loose in there for me.

Steve's ex, like Jill coming back into it may mean something or just be red herrings, but there are a lot of moving parts.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:11 - Apr 29 with 3141 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 11:44 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Seems to fit.

Corbett was born in 1979 and adopted in 1989. I think they said his dad died in 1984 when he was 5.

That would make Ted (who I assuming is about 60), 26 at the time it happened, so certainly old enough to be a serving Policeman with the RUC.

I initially assumed that Corbett's dad would be the one who died until last night when they mentioned the kidnapping of his mum and her being a Police informant.

Perhaps Ted left the RUC because she was killed after informing and this is why Corbett wanted Hastings so bad, because he considers that Hastings indirectly led to his mother being killed and him then being an orphan.

One thing that I am sure of is that this series is going to end by Steve and Kate finding something that proves Ted's innocence, getting him out of prison, perhaps they work out what his troubles are and why he needed the money.

They get Moffat in for questioning and something happens. I don't think we will find out who H is though.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:22 - Apr 29 with 3116 viewsflimflam

I quite like the Chief officer from AC3, thought she was politely intimidating.

Take it all the AC units are housed in one building on separate floors.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:24 - Apr 29 with 3113 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:22 - Apr 29 by flimflam

I agree.

I am also not sure where they would be without that glass balcony. Very important to the show.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:49 - Apr 29 with 3076 viewsRIPbobby

I think it is that lady who Hastings was knocking off, who handed him the suspended from service letter.
Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 13:00 - Apr 29 with 3052 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:49 - Apr 29 by RIPbobby

I think it is that lady who Hastings was knocking off, who handed him the suspended from service letter.

I actually reckon it's nothing to do with her, but she's grabbed herself a little bag of Hasting's 'wee fellas' from their encounter and that will be frozen somewhere to be planted as DNA evidence later down the line at one of the sex dens in order to get Hasting's in their pocket. Could see that being a big part of next series.

If Hastings survives. I have a feeling that he's going to be killed off next week.

She was absolutely desperate to sleep with him and it's not really been to gain his trust because they are still at professional loggerheads anyway. She must have been after the goodies.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 14:17]

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 13:58 - Apr 29 with 2990 viewsGlasgowBlue

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 12:22 - Apr 29 by flimflam

I think she will take over from Ted in the next series.

Even if he isn't bent or "H" there's no way back for him after his money issues and breakdown in relationship with Steve and Kate.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 14:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 14:17 - Apr 29 with 2975 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 13:58 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

Even if he isn't bent or "H" there's no way back for him after his money issues and breakdown in relationship with Steve and Kate.

I completely agree they are setting her up to be a replacement.

Hastings will be cleared. She will do a good job of investigating the evidence and ultimately she will listen to Steve and Kate, earning mutual respect and she'll become their boss next series.

Hastings however will be murdered. I reckon there would be a bigger outrage if he was simply to be pensioned off but be around next season and never feature, so I honestly reckon he's going to be killed off by H or the OCG and next season will focus on finding his killer, presumably under the suggestion that they still believe H is a cop and that they now have the added motivation of finding Ted's killer.

Mercurio is clever. There's no way back for Ted and he knows that he is on the verge of being able to create a 'who shot JR for British TV'. Line of Duty is a phenomenon and to kill the most loved character in such a manner would be TV gold.

It's a ratings and interest winner. Ted has no way back to running AC12 after this as the show would lose all credibility, in the same way Kate has not gone under cover this series. Ted is going to be killed off Sunday and I'm pretty sure we will all have the following day off as a national holiday to process it.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 14:37]

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 14:33 - Apr 29 with 2961 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 14:17 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Hastings will be cleared. She will do a good job of investigating the evidence and ultimately she will listen to Steve and Kate, earning mutual respect and she'll become their boss next series.

Hastings however will be murdered. I reckon there would be a bigger outrage if he was simply to be pensioned off but be around next season and never feature, so I honestly reckon he's going to be killed off by H or the OCG and next season will focus on finding his killer, presumably under the suggestion that they still believe H is a cop and that they now have the added motivation of finding Ted's killer.

Mercurio is clever. There's no way back for Ted and he knows that he is on the verge of being able to create a 'who shot JR for British TV'. Line of Duty is a phenomenon and to kill the most loved character in such a manner would be TV gold.

It's a ratings and interest winner. Ted has no way back to running AC12 after this as the show would lose all credibility, in the same way Kate has not gone under cover this series. Ted is going to be killed off Sunday and I'm pretty sure we will all have the following day off as a national holiday to process it.

Hell of a theory that

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 14:56 - Apr 29 with 2927 viewslowhouseblue

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 14:17 - Apr 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

"the show would lose all credibility"

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 16:16 - Apr 29 with 2883 viewsflimflam

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 13:58 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

I thought she was higher ranked than Hastings and is already running AC3 so why the lure to move to AC12? Dont they all do the same thing independent of each other anyways?

Agree she would be great though as I really liked her in that interview. Scarily beautiful.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 17:14 - Apr 29 with 2846 viewsAce_High1

One of the best shows on TV, great viewing.

And we need a bit more screen time for Steve Arnott's on/off girlfriend, could be an interesting character.
Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 22:25 - May 5 with 2693 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Serious throwback to series 1

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 22:31 - May 5 with 2668 viewsm14_blue

Bit of a damp squib I thought.
Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 22:40 - May 5 with 2634 viewsLankHenners

Line Of Duty- ***SPOILERS*** on 22:31 - May 5 by m14_blue

Bit of a damp squib I thought.

Definitely had a ‘writer offered a lot of cash to continue a series he could have ended’ feel to it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024