Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gav 21:39 - Apr 29 with 19783 viewsGlasgowBlue

How do I find an old thread? In particular this one....

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/363774/page:1

Edit. It’s a thread from January 2016 but when I click it it just takes me to the home page.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 21:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gav on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 3064 viewsJ2BLUE

Gav on 20:37 - Apr 30 by footers

You just need to be re-educated, J2. You're fruit ripe for the LeftyBumFest. What's more, I can ripen you.

Prices for the Basic package are surprisingly low.

I can't join you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gav on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 3059 viewsSpruceMoose

Gav on 20:46 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

I can't join you.

There's plenty of room for onion rings on his skewer.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gav on 20:51 - Apr 30 with 3050 viewsfooters

Gav on 20:46 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

I can't join you.

You can lead a horse to water...

Just buy a large beach towel in case you change your mind.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Gav on 20:52 - Apr 30 with 3043 viewsJ2BLUE

Gav on 20:51 - Apr 30 by footers

You can lead a horse to water...

Just buy a large beach towel in case you change your mind.

Believe me, I won't.

Truly impaired.

Gav on 21:22 - Apr 30 with 2995 viewsHerbivore

I'm too left for the lefty bumfest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gav on 21:37 - Apr 30 with 2970 viewsSwailsey

Gav on 19:49 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

Well this thread has certain taken a left turn since I last looked.

Re your question. Benters appears to have made a joke that he is waiting for me to tell him what to post and you are the person who used the word "allies".

Are we allies? Nope. I plough a fairly lonely furrow on here. Too right wing for the lefty bumfesters and too liberal for the Top Gear gang. This is your future J2. They never forgive you for voting Brexit no matter how repentant you are

How do I feel about benters? I like benters. tbh he reminds me of my old Grandad RIP. I share the same opinion as Lucan that benters is of the generation that fights back against what he perceives to be political correctness. I also think he says a lot of outrageous stuff for effect, knowing he's going to get stick.

Do I agree with what he says? Nope!! And he knows this. He's said a lot of things that I vehemently disagree with. Again he knows this. But I've always taken the view that rather than bait and bully him over it, far better to say why I disagree and hope he responds positively.

Rommers, sorry to hear about your Grandad mate, will testify that when benters and taximan were following him around the board I was the first to call him out over it. But by doing so firmly but politely, it got a positive response.

IMO, and I said this when he left the board a couple of years ago, benters gets singled out and relentlessly bullied by the same group of posters. I also think that posters go out of the way to poke him with a stick, hoping for a reaction. You can see it on this thread.

I know that a couple of posters have met benters in real life, Newcy and Mach. Both have said that he is absolutely charming. Which I'm sure he is.

In fact the last time I had a pint with Newcy, who sadly has had enough of this place, he had been speaking to benters who passed on his kind regards.

And finally, do I PM Benters telling him what to say? Good grief no. Benters was yanking your chain. He has a mind of his own.

Have I shared PM's with him? Yep. I've also shared PM's with (and don't be offended if I leave anyone out) Warky (miss him on here) KJ and Hoppy, Footfettish (less said about those PM's the better), Lucan, RKD, Cotty, Callis, Stokie, Libby, Newcy, Rommers, J2, Ryorry, Jeera, Dollers (yeah I know but he was having a rough time), Chris Swailes, Facey (before he went crackers and discovered Jeremy Corbyn), BFC, Keno, Fishers, Blueas, Mullers and Keno.

Looking at the list the person I have most conversed with is Ryorry. Oh, I also have quite a few from phil@twtd. I should get around to opening them.

Now back to the op, which kind of proves the point of what I have written above. Benters made an awful comment about "illegal immigrants" which I condemned at the time and he knows my feelings on the matter. He's not been allowed to live that one down. Yet Noggin made an appalling comment about the women who made allegations of rape.

There was no context to what Noggin posted. Somebody linked the story about the New Year sexual assaults in Cologne, and because he bends over backwards to look left leaning and progressive he stated that the story is probably a right wing conspiracy and the assaults no more than a bit of bum pinching. If memory serves it was either SteveM or GeoffSentence who first pulled him up over the remarks.

I thought it laughable that he was speaking about the feelings of rape victims on last evening's thread when he had made such disgusting comments about the women who reported rape and sexual assault in Cologne.

Sadly the thread is archived but I linked the thread address as I had linked it previously when it was still live.

Hope that clarifies everything.

Love Glassers
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 20:01]

And appreciated they were.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Gav on 21:46 - Apr 30 with 2947 viewsfooters

Gav on 21:22 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

I'm too left for the lefty bumfest.

You don't know that to be true, brother. Things have changed :)

Gav on 21:46 - Apr 30 with 2941 viewsHerbivore

Gav on 21:46 - Apr 30 by footers

You don't know that to be true, brother. Things have changed :)

You guys are more of a centrist circle jerk.

Login to get fewer ads

Gav on 21:48 - Apr 30 with 2937 viewsfooters

Gav on 21:46 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

You barely know me, babe.

Centrist on the streets, Althusser in the sheets. x

Gav on 21:49 - Apr 30 with 2934 viewsWeWereZombies

Gav on 20:34 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

I wish

An ignore that you cannot be sure ignores must be the TWTD version of Schrodinger's cat.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Gav on 21:51 - Apr 30 with 2920 viewsJ2BLUE

Gav on 21:46 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

No way. They are left wing.

Truly impaired.

Gav on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 2908 viewsHerbivore

Gav on 21:51 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

No way. They are left wing.

They look that way from right of centre I guess.

Gav on 22:07 - Apr 30 with 2869 viewsGlasgowBlue

Gav on 21:53 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

They look that way from right of centre I guess.

Now you've gone full Marxist, are you now of the opinion that the EU as an alliance between workers organisations and bourgeois Blairite stooges is an illusion and the EU It is made up of a set of bourgeois institutions where the interests of workers and bosses are sharply opposed to each other which has lead to the EU imposing capitalist austerity across Europe?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 22:08]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gav on 22:10 - Apr 30 with 2856 viewsHerbivore

Gav on 22:07 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

Now you've gone full Marxist, are you now of the opinion that the EU as an alliance between workers organisations and bourgeois Blairite stooges is an illusion and the EU It is made up of a set of bourgeois institutions where the interests of workers and bosses are sharply opposed to each other which has lead to the EU imposing capitalist austerity across Europe?

I've always been full Marxist.

Gav on 22:11 - Apr 30 with 2850 viewsfooters

Didn't know you were auditioning for the Michael Douglas role in Falling Down, GB, but well done-today's been very good!

Gav on 22:35 - Apr 30 with 2781 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Your English is getting worse!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Gav on 22:48 - Apr 30 with 2761 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Gav on 22:11 - Apr 30 by footers

Didn't know you were auditioning for the Michael Douglas role in Falling Down, GB, but well done-today's been very good!

The "God strike my children down" stuff is bookmarked for post of the year!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Gav on 05:11 - May 1 with 2675 viewsBenters2

Gav on 19:49 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

Well this thread has certain taken a left turn since I last looked.

Re your question. Benters appears to have made a joke that he is waiting for me to tell him what to post and you are the person who used the word "allies".

Are we allies? Nope. I plough a fairly lonely furrow on here. Too right wing for the lefty bumfesters and too liberal for the Top Gear gang. This is your future J2. They never forgive you for voting Brexit no matter how repentant you are

How do I feel about benters? I like benters. tbh he reminds me of my old Grandad RIP. I share the same opinion as Lucan that benters is of the generation that fights back against what he perceives to be political correctness. I also think he says a lot of outrageous stuff for effect, knowing he's going to get stick.

Do I agree with what he says? Nope!! And he knows this. He's said a lot of things that I vehemently disagree with. Again he knows this. But I've always taken the view that rather than bait and bully him over it, far better to say why I disagree and hope he responds positively.

Rommers, sorry to hear about your Grandad mate, will testify that when benters and taximan were following him around the board I was the first to call him out over it. But by doing so firmly but politely, it got a positive response.

IMO, and I said this when he left the board a couple of years ago, benters gets singled out and relentlessly bullied by the same group of posters. I also think that posters go out of the way to poke him with a stick, hoping for a reaction. You can see it on this thread.

I know that a couple of posters have met benters in real life, Newcy and Mach. Both have said that he is absolutely charming. Which I'm sure he is.

In fact the last time I had a pint with Newcy, who sadly has had enough of this place, he had been speaking to benters who passed on his kind regards.

And finally, do I PM Benters telling him what to say? Good grief no. Benters was yanking your chain. He has a mind of his own.

Have I shared PM's with him? Yep. I've also shared PM's with (and don't be offended if I leave anyone out) Warky (miss him on here) KJ and Hoppy, Footfettish (less said about those PM's the better), Lucan, RKD, Cotty, Callis, Stokie, Libby, Newcy, Rommers, J2, Ryorry, Jeera, Dollers (yeah I know but he was having a rough time), Chris Swailes, Facey (before he went crackers and discovered Jeremy Corbyn), BFC, Keno, Fishers, Blueas, Mullers and Keno.

Looking at the list the person I have most conversed with is Ryorry. Oh, I also have quite a few from phil@twtd. I should get around to opening them.

Now back to the op, which kind of proves the point of what I have written above. Benters made an awful comment about "illegal immigrants" which I condemned at the time and he knows my feelings on the matter. He's not been allowed to live that one down. Yet Noggin made an appalling comment about the women who made allegations of rape.

There was no context to what Noggin posted. Somebody linked the story about the New Year sexual assaults in Cologne, and because he bends over backwards to look left leaning and progressive he stated that the story is probably a right wing conspiracy and the assaults no more than a bit of bum pinching. If memory serves it was either SteveM or GeoffSentence who first pulled him up over the remarks.

I thought it laughable that he was speaking about the feelings of rape victims on last evening's thread when he had made such disgusting comments about the women who reported rape and sexual assault in Cologne.

Sadly the thread is archived but I linked the thread address as I had linked it previously when it was still live.

Hope that clarifies everything.

Love Glassers
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 20:01]

What a kind chap thanks for those lovely comments about me.

Not a word from Brother Noggin i see?
Gav on 08:56 - May 1 with 2609 viewseireblue

Gav on 05:11 - May 1 by Benters2

What a kind chap thanks for those lovely comments about me.

Not a word from Brother Noggin i see?

Hmm, interesting.

I wonder if you agree with GB, in that you specifically say things in order to get a response and if that is one of the lovely things.

If so, then the response you get is not really worthy of the term bullying, is it?

I find it interesting that GB and Brixton Blue also tend to have many debates, without wishing to go back and see who started what with whom, I think insults and snide comments are exchanged between both parties in equal measure.

Benters, this is your chance to broker a more constructive dialogue between GB and Brixton Blue.
GB vehemently disagrees with you and Brixton Blue, but seems to be nicer to you.

Tell us your secret.
Gav on 11:32 - May 1 with 2550 viewseireblue

Gav on 08:56 - May 1 by eireblue

Hmm, interesting.

I wonder if you agree with GB, in that you specifically say things in order to get a response and if that is one of the lovely things.

If so, then the response you get is not really worthy of the term bullying, is it?

I find it interesting that GB and Brixton Blue also tend to have many debates, without wishing to go back and see who started what with whom, I think insults and snide comments are exchanged between both parties in equal measure.

Benters, this is your chance to broker a more constructive dialogue between GB and Brixton Blue.
GB vehemently disagrees with you and Brixton Blue, but seems to be nicer to you.

Tell us your secret.

I take it the down arrow means you have read the post, but you are unwilling to share with the board, how to have a position vehemently opposed to GB, but still not to get into ding dong battles with exchanges of snide comments, like others do.

Hmmm, that is a shame.

Surely for the sake of board harmony you could share?
Gav on 17:39 - May 1 with 2456 viewsBrixtonBlue

Gav on 11:32 - May 1 by eireblue

I take it the down arrow means you have read the post, but you are unwilling to share with the board, how to have a position vehemently opposed to GB, but still not to get into ding dong battles with exchanges of snide comments, like others do.

Hmmm, that is a shame.

Surely for the sake of board harmony you could share?

Probably as simple as Benters hates Corbyn.

But you're right though, Glassers cuts Benters far more slack than me and I've never said anything anywhere near as offensive as Benters has.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Gav on 17:43 - May 1 with 2447 viewsSpruceMoose

Gav on 17:39 - May 1 by BrixtonBlue

Probably as simple as Benters hates Corbyn.

But you're right though, Glassers cuts Benters far more slack than me and I've never said anything anywhere near as offensive as Benters has.

The cynic in me thinks Glassers knows that from time to time Benters a can be a useful idiot for that right wing viewpoint.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024