Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT with spoilers 21:52 - Apr 29 with 36724 viewsCoastalblue

One of their epic episodes, but I felt a little deflated by it, it was more a case of who rather than if the way the entire episode went, I did expect more casaulties though I must admit.

It was a little painting by numbers at the end, everybody about to die and then....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 17:45 - May 6 with 4564 viewsvilanovablue

on 17:40 - May 6 by _

Me too it felt like a more "classic" episode. I know it wasn't up to some of the very early seasons but it felt much more measured and the politics came to the fore. It is set up nicely as Danerys is clearly losing it, the death of another dragon levels the playing field further...
on 17:46 - May 6 with 4560 views_

GOT with spoilers on 17:45 - May 6 by vilanovablue

Me too it felt like a more "classic" episode. I know it wasn't up to some of the very early seasons but it felt much more measured and the politics came to the fore. It is set up nicely as Danerys is clearly losing it, the death of another dragon levels the playing field further...

GOT with spoilers on 17:59 - May 6 with 4537 viewsvilanovablue

on 17:46 - May 6 by _

If that came to pass it would be epic although I think it'll be Arya disguised as Jamie with a borrowed face.
on 18:02 - May 6 with 4530 views_

GOT with spoilers on 17:59 - May 6 by vilanovablue

If that came to pass it would be epic although I think it'll be Arya disguised as Jamie with a borrowed face.

GOT with spoilers on 18:55 - May 6 with 4483 viewsvilanovablue

on 18:02 - May 6 by _

Not convinced hence the rejection of Gendry she has proved to be a survivor and suspect she will.
GOT with spoilers on 19:10 - May 6 with 4476 viewsCoastalblue

I enjoyed this one too, I'm liking the huge swings in momentum from side to side and I think one of Danerys or Jon are going to have to die, if not both, but one as a political measure. I could see her "allowing" hime to die in some way.

I'm also liking the rivalry between Sansa and Danerys, I now have Sansa as a dark horse outsider to win the race.

Tyrion is a huge favourite and I expect him to be the very last 'name' to die at the point of it all being resolved, I think he'll live to within ten minutes or so of the finish.

Which side is Jamie riding South to aid?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 20:09 - May 6 with 4459 viewsJ2BLUE

on 17:40 - May 6 by _

Fantastic episode. Really loved it.

My theory for a while has been that Jon and Dany would argue in front of the dragons. She would try and have them burn him alive and they will refuse. Then he will say dracarys and they'll burn her. She's been immune to fire a few times but never dragon fire so who knows?

How will Jon react to being the chosen one if they go in that direction? Could he be angry and become the mad king 2.0?

I think it's set up brilliantly for the final two episodes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 08:59 - May 7 with 4340 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 20:09 - May 6 by J2BLUE

Fantastic episode. Really loved it.

My theory for a while has been that Jon and Dany would argue in front of the dragons. She would try and have them burn him alive and they will refuse. Then he will say dracarys and they'll burn her. She's been immune to fire a few times but never dragon fire so who knows?

How will Jon react to being the chosen one if they go in that direction? Could he be angry and become the mad king 2.0?

I think it's set up brilliantly for the final two episodes.

Completely agree. In the first 15 minutes the writers fooled everyone into thinking this would be a holding episode that bridged the battle of Winterfell and the war down south. Then thing got very tense and uncomfortable with the politics of whether to remove Dany. Then the Dragon gets killed. Then Missandei us killed. Absolutely gripping stuff.

The Hound is a man on a mission so it looks we are going to get Cleganebowl next week if the week after.

Could really do with another five episodes rather than jutsbthe two. So much story telling to fit in just two episodes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

GOT with spoilers on 09:38 - May 7 with 4318 viewsSwansea_Blue

GOT with spoilers on 08:59 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Completely agree. In the first 15 minutes the writers fooled everyone into thinking this would be a holding episode that bridged the battle of Winterfell and the war down south. Then thing got very tense and uncomfortable with the politics of whether to remove Dany. Then the Dragon gets killed. Then Missandei us killed. Absolutely gripping stuff.

The Hound is a man on a mission so it looks we are going to get Cleganebowl next week if the week after.

Could really do with another five episodes rather than jutsbthe two. So much story telling to fit in just two episodes.

Given how his books have gone so far, he's probably just lining things up for GOT2!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GOT with spoilers on 09:51 - May 7 with 4303 viewsflimflam

Haha heat seeking arrows from ships that only point in one direction and well hidden behind a rock from someone riding dragons up in the sky lol.

Never mind there are 3 more dragons making an appearance next week. Damn lucky that.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 10:36 - May 7 with 4280 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 09:51 - May 7 by flimflam

Haha heat seeking arrows from ships that only point in one direction and well hidden behind a rock from someone riding dragons up in the sky lol.

Never mind there are 3 more dragons making an appearance next week. Damn lucky that.

Euron is really good at showing up exactly at the worst possible time for our heroes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 10:59 - May 7 with 4267 views_

GOT with spoilers on 09:51 - May 7 by flimflam

GOT with spoilers on 11:19 - May 7 with 4254 viewsflimflam

on 10:59 - May 7 by _

Absolutely love it and caught it from the first ever episode which I usually tend to discover good shows 2 or 3 series in.

Been looking forward to this series like you cannot believe and even have stayed up to watch the Sunday morning showings but feel this series so far falls far short of previous.

It is because I love the show so much that I expect more. Maybe I should take up airfix models instead as wont stress me out as much :-)

on 11:21 - May 7 with 4251 views_

GOT with spoilers on 11:19 - May 7 by flimflam

Absolutely love it and caught it from the first ever episode which I usually tend to discover good shows 2 or 3 series in.

Been looking forward to this series like you cannot believe and even have stayed up to watch the Sunday morning showings but feel this series so far falls far short of previous.

It is because I love the show so much that I expect more. Maybe I should take up airfix models instead as wont stress me out as much :-)

GOT with spoilers on 11:32 - May 7 with 4244 viewsflimflam

on 11:21 - May 7 by _

Yeah I get that but this stupid was not in previous series.

All too rushed and looking to close everything off. This episode should of been at least 2 or 3 but is all being forced through. They must have time machines how one minute they were sinking a fleet of ships and next all nicely lined up in Kings Landing where Cersie should have just wiped them out there and then and been done with it all.

on 11:38 - May 7 with 4233 views_

GOT with spoilers on 11:32 - May 7 by flimflam

Yeah I get that but this stupid was not in previous series.

All too rushed and looking to close everything off. This episode should of been at least 2 or 3 but is all being forced through. They must have time machines how one minute they were sinking a fleet of ships and next all nicely lined up in Kings Landing where Cersie should have just wiped them out there and then and been done with it all.

GOT with spoilers on 13:09 - May 7 with 4184 viewsSamuelowen88

My theory is:

no massive final battle, it might start but wont be a proper battle

Jamie to kill Cersei - He is the kingslayer after all and her fortune was to be killed by her brother.

Hound / Mountain to battle it out, and Arya to get involved. Possibly hound saves Arya

Euron to leave Cersei, in room with her and Jamie, Jamie tells him the baby isnt his so he leaves.

Neither Danny or John to have the throne. She will die for sure, he may /may not.

Bran will have some massive part to play, no idea what but otherwise thus far been a bit pointless.

The big pack of wolves will make an appearance.

Poll: England v Wales Score

GOT with spoilers on 13:19 - May 7 with 4175 viewsGunnsAirkick

on 11:21 - May 7 by _

To be fair, after being built up for the previous seven seasons, it was a bit disappointing for the Night King to be killed like that in one episode (and Arya is one of my favourite characters, I just want to make clear I'm not one of the man children blubbing saying "Jon should have done it!", also the episode was great overall).

I do wonder whether there will be a further supernatural twist though. They have built Bran up for all these seasons too, I wonder if it'll involve him in some way.
GOT with spoilers on 13:23 - May 7 with 4158 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 13:19 - May 7 by GunnsAirkick

To be fair, after being built up for the previous seven seasons, it was a bit disappointing for the Night King to be killed like that in one episode (and Arya is one of my favourite characters, I just want to make clear I'm not one of the man children blubbing saying "Jon should have done it!", also the episode was great overall).

I do wonder whether there will be a further supernatural twist though. They have built Bran up for all these seasons too, I wonder if it'll involve him in some way.

They couldn't really drag the battle out for more than one episode (and it was a LONG episode) and the Night King was always going to die at the end of it. Arya is a bad ass assassin too, probably the most likely candidate to sneak in and bump him off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 15:01 - May 7 with 4139 viewscatch74

GOT with spoilers on 11:19 - May 7 by flimflam

They’ve even managed to leave a Starbucks coffee in one of the scenes!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

GOT with spoilers on 15:31 - May 7 with 4123 viewsSenatorBlue

Great episode last night. I turned to my wife midway through and said that I didn't have a clue where this was going to go over the next 2.5 episodes (character wise). Politics back in play, and I've a feeling there is something completely left of field coming.

Brilliant stuff; so many great series become highly predictable as they rush to close. This one the tempo is up, and we suspect there has to be a few long forecasted one-one battles. Jon heading south had the feel of Sean Bean heading south.
GOT with spoilers on 16:08 - May 7 with 4101 viewschicoazul

on 11:38 - May 7 by _

This may be true, but it is also very important for any work of fiction no mater what it be about whether dragons Star Wars or The Master and Margarita to establish rules and abide by them, otherwise our suspension of disbelief starts wobbling. This is why Captain Kirk can't shoot lasers out of his eyes or Spock can't grow 50ft tall when he needs to. We all "know" what the issue is, that they only have these actors for one more series and that they can only do 6 episodes and hence everything feels rushed, but that doesnt excuse what is in effect lazy writing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

GOT with spoilers on 16:18 - May 7 with 4093 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 13:19 - May 7 by GunnsAirkick

I've thought about it quite a bit, and I think the way the NK went out was perfect. He won, basically, he had Bran under his knife but the tiny bit of humanity left in him meant his hubris slowed him down. We saw his hubris in Hardhome when he showed off to Jon and we saw it earlier in the battle when he just smiled at Dany as she tried to burn him. He enjoyed his moment of victory too much and that was all the time Arya needed. Arya who, by the way, trained basically her whole young life for that moment.
I doubt we will see Bran again tbh. His story seems pretty much over. There may be some coda at the very end of the last episode when we see him as an old man relating the story of how the NK was defeated.

GOT with spoilers on 16:56 - May 7 with 4077 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 16:18 - May 7 by chicoazul

I've thought about it quite a bit, and I think the way the NK went out was perfect. He won, basically, he had Bran under his knife but the tiny bit of humanity left in him meant his hubris slowed him down. We saw his hubris in Hardhome when he showed off to Jon and we saw it earlier in the battle when he just smiled at Dany as she tried to burn him. He enjoyed his moment of victory too much and that was all the time Arya needed. Arya who, by the way, trained basically her whole young life for that moment.
I doubt we will see Bran again tbh. His story seems pretty much over. There may be some coda at the very end of the last episode when we see him as an old man relating the story of how the NK was defeated.

I wondered if Bran told Sansa what happened down south. Why bother sending a raven when you have Bran who can see everything that has happened? In fact, Bran might provide critical intelligence to defeat Cersei although I don't think it will come to that. I don't think we are going to see another big battle.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 17:24 - May 7 with 4051 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 16:56 - May 7 by J2BLUE

I wondered if Bran told Sansa what happened down south. Why bother sending a raven when you have Bran who can see everything that has happened? In fact, Bran might provide critical intelligence to defeat Cersei although I don't think it will come to that. I don't think we are going to see another big battle.

They seem to have rowed back on the entire magic aspect this season. And the characters are what we are invested in really, not some deus-ex machina flying in to save the day. There is a battle next week supposedly, but not on the same scale as Winterfell or Hardhome, and there will I imagine be quite a few small-scale face offs like Greyworm v Clegane, Arya v Cersei, Jaime v the Kings Guard etc

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024