Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State of the Board Discussion 18:16 - Jun 5 with 61128 viewsPhilTWTD

Another not overly pleasant day on here, even though we've had a signing, even if not a particularly high profile one.

Despite its not particularly brilliant or insightful starting point the 'All these protesters' thread has rather got to the crux of one of the bigger issues at the moment.

There are a number of posters who, rather than engaging in debate on an issue - political, brexit-related usually - post an insult aimed at a group they disagree with or something deliberately inflammatory without having any intention of involving themselves in any actual debate. It's all got very snipey, not just at other users but in a wider sense, protesters being today's target.

The forum has always been a friendly, inclusive place, welcoming to all, a community. Disagreements and argument maybe, but for the most part there's been an underlying geniality and good humour, posters have helped one another out and looked out for one another. This does appear to be being undermined by the recent unpleasant undertone.

While we've always been the ones running the site, we've never sought to be overly dictatorial. We've often put matters relating to it to posters. I don't particularly like banning people (although we have banned one user as Gav had an investigate and discovered a long-banned user with a new name), I usually give posters more than enough warnings to give them ample chance to use the board in line with the manner in which most others post.

Should we be a bit more draconian in how we police this sort of thing? Getting a bit fed up with how the last few days have progressed. We've gone from abuse PMs being a rarity to them becoming frequent most days. Have had a fair bit going on away from TWTD lately and haven't really needed the additional unnecessary hassle.

Obviously the sort of nonsense outlined above needs to end or we will have to ban a few more users, but any thoughts on how else we can try to get things back to normal?
State of the Board Discussion on 11:47 - Jun 7 with 1407 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 10:36 - Jun 7 by footers

QED.

Thanks for proving my point. Continue your childish downvoting games, the good denizens of TWTD will always have an uppie or two to spare for good old footers to redress the balance.

What does QED mean anyway?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

State of the Board Discussion on 11:48 - Jun 7 with 1401 viewsfooters

State of the Board Discussion on 11:47 - Jun 7 by wkj

What does QED mean anyway?

Quod erat demonstrandum. So it has been proven.

You oik.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

State of the Board Discussion on 11:49 - Jun 7 with 1398 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 11:48 - Jun 7 by footers

Quod erat demonstrandum. So it has been proven.

You oik.

I don't speak German.

State of the Board Discussion on 11:52 - Jun 7 with 1393 viewspickles110564

State of the Board Discussion on 10:50 - Jun 7 by wkj

Steam engines are archaic and no longer practical.

Footers I have recently been given some fantastic railway journals if you are interested one is February 1948 The Stephenson Locomotive Society.
State of the Board Discussion on 11:52 - Jun 7 with 1390 viewsBrixtonBlue

State of the Board Discussion on 11:41 - Jun 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Actually Phil asked for abuse and indiscriminate downvotes to stop - can’t see that my question contained either

Probably would have been far easier to have just held your hands up but clearly you’re welcome to ignore whoever you wish, it’s your ignore button after all

You're deliberately trying to stir up trouble, which you do a lot of. That's what Phil has asked to cease.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

State of the Board Discussion on 11:53 - Jun 7 with 1385 viewsfooters

State of the Board Discussion on 11:49 - Jun 7 by wkj

I don't speak German.

You don't speak sense either, but here we are.

Disappointing that the fractiousness has continued. Especially with it being a beautiful June morning out there.

State of the Board Discussion on 11:53 - Jun 7 with 1378 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 11:41 - Jun 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Actually Phil asked for abuse and indiscriminate downvotes to stop - can’t see that my question contained either

Probably would have been far easier to have just held your hands up but clearly you’re welcome to ignore whoever you wish, it’s your ignore button after all

Please, just go away. You have nothing of interest that I wish to hear. All you do is take snidey potshots at people. You used to be a decently average poster. No idea what's gone wrong for you but I hope it sorts itself out.

Phil has spoken, Benters has been informed his posting style is unwelcome. I've been told no such thing. You're aiming your flounce in the wrong direction.

Now, if you have an issue with that I suggest you take it up with Phil.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

State of the Board Discussion on 11:54 - Jun 7 with 1377 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 11:52 - Jun 7 by pickles110564

Footers I have recently been given some fantastic railway journals if you are interested one is February 1948 The Stephenson Locomotive Society.

Gladly, but I'm told you don't show up to arranged meetings so I'm not sure how we'd exchange literature

Login to get fewer ads

State of the Board Discussion on 11:55 - Jun 7 with 1372 viewspickles110564

State of the Board Discussion on 11:54 - Jun 7 by wkj

Gladly, but I'm told you don't show up to arranged meetings so I'm not sure how we'd exchange literature

I was talking to Footers and I did show up, they did not.
State of the Board Discussion on 11:56 - Jun 7 with 1367 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 11:55 - Jun 7 by pickles110564

I was there. Stop lying about me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

State of the Board Discussion on 11:57 - Jun 7 with 1365 viewswkj

I was confused by you replying to my post. I thought it said footers and i

State of the Board Discussion on 12:01 - Jun 7 with 1346 viewsHerbivore

I think technically if three people are meeting and two of them are in one place then it's the third one who didn't show up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

State of the Board Discussion on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 1341 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 12:01 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

I think technically if three people are meeting and two of them are in one place then it's the third one who didn't show up.

Indeed. When I get to my laptop I shall post a photo of my vantage point, once and forever proving that I was where I claim to be.

State of the Board Discussion on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 1337 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

State of the Board Discussion on 11:53 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Please, just go away. You have nothing of interest that I wish to hear. All you do is take snidey potshots at people. You used to be a decently average poster. No idea what's gone wrong for you but I hope it sorts itself out.

Phil has spoken, Benters has been informed his posting style is unwelcome. I've been told no such thing. You're aiming your flounce in the wrong direction.

Now, if you have an issue with that I suggest you take it up with Phil.

Flounce? You may want to look closer to home on that one...

Not sure where you got the idea that I used to be a decently average poster from mind, I’ve always been sh*t! 🙂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

State of the Board Discussion on 12:04 - Jun 7 with 1331 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 12:02 - Jun 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure where you got the idea that I used to be a decently average poster from mind, I’ve always been sh*t! 🙂

Cobblers. You've had a few interesting posts in the Times of TWTD lore

State of the Board Discussion on 12:05 - Jun 7 with 1326 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 12:02 - Jun 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I was being polite.

Take it up with Phil if you have an issue with something.

State of the Board Discussion on 12:08 - Jun 7 with 1305 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

State of the Board Discussion on 12:04 - Jun 7 by wkj

Cobblers. You've had a few interesting posts in the Times of TWTD lore

Haha I’ll take that as a compliment I think, although christ knows if I remember them

State of the Board Discussion on 12:12 - Jun 7 with 1282 viewsfooters

State of the Board Discussion on 12:01 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

Especially when I posted my ticket for all to see. More than happy to do it again.

Please stop accusing me of lying, pickles.

Let's just draw a line on the hatchet and bury the sand, shall we?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 12:13]

State of the Board Discussion on 12:12 - Jun 7 with 1280 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 12:08 - Jun 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha I’ll take that as a compliment I think, although christ knows if I remember them

Was essentially a masterpiece of forum posting. Although Twilight W*nkers comes close

State of the Board Discussion on 12:16 - Jun 7 with 1251 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

State of the Board Discussion on 12:12 - Jun 7 by wkj

Was essentially a masterpiece of forum posting. Although Twilight W*nkers comes close

Only had to go back a year and a half to find that, maybe Spruce is right after all! 😂
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 12:16]

State of the Board Discussion on 12:49 - Jun 7 with 1186 viewsBenters2

State of the Board Discussion on 11:41 - Jun 7 by PhilTWTD

It - and your general fractiousness towards other people - really has to stop or you won't be welcome on here any more.

What do you mean it?

If it makes you feel better ban me then.

You are a bigger mug than I thought if you can’t see who the trouble makers on this board are.

Do me and yourself a favour delete my account.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 12:52]
State of the Board Discussion on 12:50 - Jun 7 with 1177 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 12:49 - Jun 7 by Benters2

What do you mean it?

If it makes you feel better ban me then.

You are a bigger mug than I thought if you can’t see who the trouble makers on this board are.

Do me and yourself a favour delete my account.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 12:52]

I think he means it.

State of the Board Discussion on 12:54 - Jun 7 with 1153 viewsBenters2

State of the Board Discussion on 12:50 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

I think he means it.

I couldn’t give a fook
State of the Board Discussion on 12:57 - Jun 7 with 1136 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 12:54 - Jun 7 by Benters2

I couldn’t give a fook

Upvoted for your personality. Not your post

State of the Board Discussion on 12:58 - Jun 7 with 1119 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 12:54 - Jun 7 by Benters2

I couldn’t give a fook

Doesn't have to be this way Benters. We can all get along.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024