Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview 11:48 - Jul 1 with 5749 viewsMrTown

The ‘no expectations’ interview that Stuart Watson covered. Big no no from me that one was.

Sorry if been covered.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 5737 viewsPhilTWTD

Covered in the below, think it's standard to try to take the pressure off players as much as possible.

Lambert: It's Great to Be Back for Pre-Season 25th Jun 2019 14:41
Town boss Paul Lambert is pleased to be back at Playford Road working with the squad ahead of the Blues’ League One campaign. 20

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:01 - Jul 1 with 5621 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dont read too much into it.

Its what happens behind closed door thats important!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:49 - Jul 1 with 5327 viewschristiand

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:01 - Jul 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly, not just what they are doing but what is being said too!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:51 - Jul 1 with 5311 viewsIllinoisblue

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 11:51 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Covered in the below, think it's standard to try to take the pressure off players as much as possible.

Town boss Paul Lambert is pleased to be back at Playford Road working with the squad ahead of the Blues’ League One campaign. 20

Given how awful we’ve been for 18 months maybe the players should have some pressure applied.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 13:23 - Jul 1 with 5147 viewsJimmyJazz

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:51 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

Given how awful we’ve been for 18 months maybe the players should have some pressure applied.

Yeah, especially the younger ones eh??

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:54 - Jul 1 with 4868 viewsMrTown

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 11:51 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Sorry didn’t realise it was covered.

Well maybe, not for me though, the feeling of no expectation doesn’t sit right with me, I would be expecting too 6 promotion push, anything less a failure.

But he maybe saying different behind close doors as Marshall’s said.

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:55 - Jul 1 with 4863 viewsIllinoisblue

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 13:23 - Jul 1 by JimmyJazz

Yeah, especially the younger ones eh??

well, if "I think we should be aiming for promotion from the 3rd tier" is going to break them, maybe they should choose a different career.

62 - 78 - 81

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:57 - Jul 1 with 4857 viewsSouperJim

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:55 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

well, if "I think we should be aiming for promotion from the 3rd tier" is going to break them, maybe they should choose a different career.

You think the players don't know what the aim is?

Young players need to be handled the right way and able to play with as much freedom as possible. Lambert knows what he is about.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 15:51 - Jul 1 with 4725 viewsRegencyBlue

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:54 - Jul 1 by MrTown

Sorry didn’t realise it was covered.

Well maybe, not for me though, the feeling of no expectation doesn’t sit right with me, I would be expecting too 6 promotion push, anything less a failure.

But he maybe saying different behind close doors as Marshall’s said.

Regardless of what is, or is not, said publicly, or behind closed door,s there will be presssure enough on all of the players, and Lambert, if we don't get off to a reasonable start!
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:09 - Jul 1 with 4684 viewsActionMan

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:01 - Jul 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

The usual it seems, free transfers, being beaten to players by weaker clubs, talk of using youth team players.

It's like groundhog day!

I give Lambert 6 months before Evans passes the buck onto him for us not doing very well now and he's out of the door.
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:11 - Jul 1 with 4678 viewsActionMan

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:55 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

And given that some of the older ones lead us into the 3d tier with a whimper they are lucky to even have jobs here now let's be honest.
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:34 - Jul 1 with 4628 viewsMrTown

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:57 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Young players need to be handled the right way and able to play with as much freedom as possible. Lambert knows what he is about.

I think the players may be being told differently. Doesn’t sit right with me telling to the fans there is no expectation for the season though.

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:34 - Jul 1 with 4627 viewsIllinoisblue

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 14:57 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

who are these young players that need to be wrapped in a blanket? Is it Downes with 51 pro games under his belt? Is it Kenlock with his 55 games? Bishop, with his five years of first team experience? Emmanuel with his 70 games?

62 - 78 - 81

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 17:05 - Jul 1 with 4570 viewschristiand

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:34 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

who are these young players that need to be wrapped in a blanket? Is it Downes with 51 pro games under his belt? Is it Kenlock with his 55 games? Bishop, with his five years of first team experience? Emmanuel with his 70 games?

The ‘youngsters’ as you say aren’t youngsters anymore and need to step up to the plate, they’ve got a decent amount of experience under their belt. Instead of being young footballers with potential, they need to simply become footballers this season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 20:04 - Jul 1 with 4327 viewstractorboy1978

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:34 - Jul 1 by MrTown

I think the players may be being told differently. Doesn’t sit right with me telling to the fans there is no expectation for the season though.

He's not going to come out and publicly say "we should p!ss this league and if we don't, we all deserve to sacked" is he?
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 20:28 - Jul 1 with 4268 viewsthebooks

It's the close season and all that, but "We have to try everything we can, and if we’re lucky enough to get back into the Championship then that’s what you want, but the momentum has to be with you, but the main thing is we try" is weak tea.

Still, Town fans are quite happy with low expectations, so as you were.
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 21:31 - Jul 1 with 4121 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:34 - Jul 1 by MrTown

Were you happy then with utterly pointless Chambers' and Skuse's numerous interviews last season? We can still stay up blah, blah, blah, there is still plenty of fight within the team blah blah blah. Hollow words not having been transferred on the pitch.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 21:32]
Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 21:49 - Jul 1 with 4067 viewsKeaneish

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 12:51 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

I should think the weight of expectancy from us lot will be felt pretty heavily at every game this season. I think PLs right on this one. No need to add to it in the public domain. A lot of confidence needs rebuilding between now and August 3rd.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 09:40 - Jul 2 with 3707 viewsSouperJim

Really didn’t like Lamberts interview on 16:34 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

To a certain extent yes, not all established players full of confidence are they? And at the other end of the spectrum, Folami, Morris, Lankester, El Mizouni...

We're going to be a young side this season, put too much pressure on them to perform (which will already be very high) and it could backfire spectacularly. All for the sake of a press soundbite stating the obvious for the fans? I'll Lambert get on with managing the players thanks.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024