Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? 16:42 - Jul 1 with 9751 viewsMaySixth

been noticing it a lot the last few years

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:48 - Jul 1 with 5219 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:49 - Jul 1 with 5219 viewsfooters

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:48 - Jul 1 by Bloots

Its infuriating for me to.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:51 - Jul 1 with 5211 viewsGeoffSentence

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:49 - Jul 1 by footers

Its infuriating for me to.

A plasterer has just driven past my house with that same missing apostrophe on his van

"not just a job, its art"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 5201 viewsjeera

It is frustrating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:54 - Jul 1 with 5190 viewsjeera

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:51 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

A plasterer has just driven past my house with that same missing apostrophe on his van

"not just a job, its art"

That actually bugs me less than the possessive form being used with an apostrophe.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 16:54 - Jul 1 with 5188 viewsjaykay

time we started to tighten up on this.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

It's easy to get too anal about.... on 16:57 - Jul 1 with 5181 viewsBloots

Because they are loosers. (n/t) on 16:54 - Jul 1 by jeera

That actually bugs me less than the possessive form being used with an apostrophe.

...it when you're posting on forums or texting etc.

Grammar police turds and all that.

But people actually taking time and then spending money to get things printed or painted incorrectly is remarkable.

Innit.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 17:00 - Jul 1 with 5163 viewsSteve_M

It's not as common as of/had but shouldn't be too difficult. Worse/worst does get annoying too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 17:06 - Jul 1 with 5149 viewsHolyGoalie

ooooh big man with the dictionary i sea. What a twet

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 17:53 - Jul 1 with 5102 viewsPositivelyPortman

Starting every sentence with “So” is even more annoying to me.
Another Americanism creeping in.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 17:55 - Jul 1 with 5096 viewshoppy

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 17:53 - Jul 1 by PositivelyPortman

Starting every sentence with “So” is even more annoying to me.
Another Americanism creeping in.

"Whatever!"

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:00 - Jul 1 with 5089 viewsKropotkin123

The English language is an absolute basket case. People getting annoyed by the use of the language, rather than the language itself make me laugh.

- 5 vowels for about 20 vowels sounds. Stupid.
- Pointless letters like C, that just steal sounds off other letters. Confusing new learners. Stupid.
- No way of telling where the syllables land, unless taught. Stupid.
- Capital letters. Pointless. They don't exist in other languages, like Korean.
- Spelling the same sound multiple different ways and then acting surprised when people use them in the wrong place. E.g. they're, their, there. Stupid.
- Its or it's... it doesn't matter. It is the same sound. Context makes it abundantly clear which one is correct.

I can go on. The language needs a complete overhaul. Users really aren't to blame.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 18:01]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:02 - Jul 1 with 5071 viewsNazemariner

Shew instead of showed
Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:04 - Jul 1 with 5066 viewsfooters

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:00 - Jul 1 by Kropotkin123

The English language is an absolute basket case. People getting annoyed by the use of the language, rather than the language itself make me laugh.

- Pointless letters like C, that just steal sounds off other letters. Confusing new learners. Stupid.
- Spelling the same sound multiple different ways and then acting surprised when people use them in the wrong place. E.g. they're, their, there. Stupid.
- Its or it's... it doesn't matter. It is the same sound. Context makes it abundantly clear which one is correct.

I can go on. The language needs a complete overhaul. Users really aren't to blame.

Could you say that again, please, just in Esperanto this time.

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:05 - Jul 1 with 5062 viewsSuperblue95

The worst by far is people who confuse “definitely” and “defiantly”

The mind boggles at how regularly people mix them up

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:05 - Jul 1 with 5062 viewsGeoffSentence

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:00 - Jul 1 by Kropotkin123

"ough" that's the most fwcked up spelling in English

cough
tough
bough
lough
hiccough
through
though
nought

All the same spelling, everyone sounds different. There are probably a few more I haven't thought of.

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:06 - Jul 1 with 5059 viewsHolyGoalie

The only word that matters is VAR

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:08 - Jul 1 with 5054 viewsGeoffSentence

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:06 - Jul 1 by HolyGoalie

The only word that matters is VAR

It's pronounced like that, but I think it might be spelled Vough.

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:10 - Jul 1 with 5047 viewshoppy

innit.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:15 - Jul 1 with 5035 viewsKropotkin123

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:05 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

"ough" that's the most fwcked up spelling in English

cough
tough
bough
lough
hiccough
through
though
nought

All the same spelling, everyone sounds different. There are probably a few more I haven't thought of.

Seeing them all written out next to each other hurts my eyes

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:25 - Jul 1 with 5016 viewsGuthrum

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:02 - Jul 1 by Nazemariner

Shew instead of showed

Rather outdated, but entirely correct English.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:26 - Jul 1 with 5012 viewsfooters

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:25 - Jul 1 by Guthrum

Rather outdated, but entirely correct English.

And more importantly, entirely correct Suffolkian.

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:29 - Jul 1 with 5002 viewsHerbivore

They should of went too school. There idiots.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 18:29]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:30 - Jul 1 with 4992 viewsSuperblue95

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:29 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

They should of went too school. There idiots.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 18:29]

*Shud
**Skool

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why do so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose' ? on 18:42 - Jul 1 with 4961 viewseireblue

Hmmmm..... how do we know you didn’t mean ‘loose’ as 'lose'?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024