Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Investment 18:14 - Jul 7 with 8653 viewsbilllm

ME, the owner,he is obviously not investing at this time,I think the squad will be there or there abouts( personally I think we will go back up).I have grave concerns he is not a football man and will not invest the season after to much leaving itfc no where,
Investment on 18:21 - Jul 7 with 4969 viewssparks

This is full of silly suppositions founded on no actual information.

He has continued to invest in keeping the club afloat despite the operating loss.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Investment on 18:24 - Jul 7 with 4944 viewsLimitlessBlue

Investment on 18:21 - Jul 7 by sparks

He has continued to invest in keeping the club afloat despite the operating loss.

what an owner.....

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Investment on 18:39 - Jul 7 with 4917 viewssparks

Investment on 18:24 - Jul 7 by LimitlessBlue

what an owner.....

What amount of money must an owner put into a club for the benefit of its fans every year in order to be considered a reasonable owner?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Investment on 18:48 - Jul 7 with 4890 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Investment on 18:39 - Jul 7 by sparks

What amount of money must an owner put into a club for the benefit of its fans every year in order to be considered a reasonable owner?

Investment on the level of Man City still wouldn’t be enough to appease some.
Investment on 18:51 - Jul 7 with 4883 viewsKeaneish

Investment on 18:39 - Jul 7 by sparks

A significant % more on top of our operating losses which is a minimal amount compared to the ME group annual operating profits.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Investment on 18:52 - Jul 7 with 4878 viewssparks

Investment on 18:51 - Jul 7 by Keaneish

A significant % more on top of our operating losses which is a minimal amount compared to the ME group annual operating profits.

How much must an owner put in, of his own money, to be considered reasonable?

Im intrigued to know the level of entitlement people feel.

Investment on 18:54 - Jul 7 with 4862 viewsJimmyJazz

Investment on 18:48 - Jul 7 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Investment on the level of Man City still wouldn’t be enough to appease some.

Think that's the rub, i don't believe some of our fans will ever be happy. Invest some more - will be followed by cries for further investment because the level of increased investment isn't enough. At what point does it stop - when we break into the top 6?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

As I've said before, there is a difference between.... on 18:57 - Jul 7 with 4850 viewsBloots

…."investment" and "running costs".

Investment is the process of investing money (or time or commitment) with the intention gaining a profit or positive outcome in the future.

Evans is simply covering the necessary running costs of the club. At some expense, to be fair.

But what he is doing cannot be called "investment".

There will not be a positive outcome.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

As I've said before, there is a difference between.... on 19:15 - Jul 7 with 4780 viewsBlueBadger

As I've said before, there is a difference between.... on 18:57 - Jul 7 by Bloots

…."investment" and "running costs".

Investment is the process of investing money (or time or commitment) with the intention gaining a profit or positive outcome in the future.

Evans is simply covering the necessary running costs of the club. At some expense, to be fair.

But what he is doing cannot be called "investment".

There will not be a positive outcome.

100 GOALS AND 100 POINTS YOU BLOODY FLOUNCER

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Investment on 19:15 - Jul 7 with 4782 viewsbilllm

Totally agree with you, keeping the club afloat,not an owner with ambition,
Investment on 19:17 - Jul 7 with 4782 viewsbraveblue

He has created the operating loss so don’t praise him for it. He has been a disaster for this club.
Investment on 19:19 - Jul 7 with 4765 viewsJimmyJazz

Investment on 19:17 - Jul 7 by braveblue

He has created the operating loss so don’t praise him for it. He has been a disaster for this club.

Because everything was going so well before he arrived?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Investment on 19:21 - Jul 7 with 4753 viewssparks

Investment on 19:17 - Jul 7 by braveblue

What?

Do elaborate. What could / should he have done differently so as to avoid the operating loss?

Investment on 19:36 - Jul 7 with 4728 viewsKeaneish

Investment on 19:21 - Jul 7 by sparks

What?

Do elaborate. What could / should he have done differently so as to avoid the operating loss?

I'd like to have seen a better ticket pricing policy over the years in fairness. Getting fans into the ground at reduced prices is a far better model for the club than having higher prices and smaller attendances. There's naturally a tipping point there but we saw on a few occasions where people's price point was ie: West Brom at home on Sky and more could have been done here. It wouldn't cover the debt but it would be a progressive way to increasing gate receipts and easier to grow attendances.

Investment on 20:13 - Jul 7 with 4673 viewsRegencyBlue

Investment on 18:52 - Jul 7 by sparks

How much must an owner put in, of his own money, to be considered reasonable?

Im intrigued to know the level of entitlement people feel.

Enough to stop relentless decline I would suggest.

Bottom line is that whatever it is that Evans thinks he is doing at Town it’s blatantly not working, hence third tier football for the first time in over sixty years and no obvious sign Evans intends to do anything differently.

If wanting something better for the club than that is entitlement, so be it!
Investment on 20:15 - Jul 7 with 4658 viewsmrshallisfit

"I have some grave concerns he is not a football man". No shi#t sherlock.
Investment on 20:20 - Jul 7 with 4640 viewsJ2BLUE

If you think we will go up there's nothing to complain about at the moment

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Investment on 20:20 - Jul 7 with 4642 viewsmrshallisfit

Investment on 19:21 - Jul 7 by sparks

What?

Firstly be far more in touch with the everyday running of the club. He has employed two CEO totalling 5/6 years that were absolutely clueless about the general workings of the football club.
Investment on 20:23 - Jul 7 with 4637 viewsRegencyBlue

Investment on 19:36 - Jul 7 by Keaneish

I'd like to have seen a better ticket pricing policy over the years in fairness. Getting fans into the ground at reduced prices is a far better model for the club than having higher prices and smaller attendances. There's naturally a tipping point there but we saw on a few occasions where people's price point was ie: West Brom at home on Sky and more could have been done here. It wouldn't cover the debt but it would be a progressive way to increasing gate receipts and easier to grow attendances.

I have never been able to work out how a man who made his money out of corporate entertaining manages to produce such a poor match day experience off the pitch, never mind on it!
Investment on 20:34 - Jul 7 with 4601 viewsbilllm

Investment on 20:20 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

If you think we will go up there's nothing to complain about at the moment

I'm not complaining, merely a view as he's had a downward spiral of investment, so when we go up it will continue, he isn't then going to say oh I need to invest just to keep us in the championship if he was he would have done it the season just gone, not balanced the books on his outlay to keeping the club afloat but asset stripping the playing staff,
Investment on 20:44 - Jul 7 with 4571 viewstetchris

ME has pumped in millions and got nothing back, most if not all clubs in championship make a loss, if it was a business and not a football club it and many others like it would have closed down years ago and the stadiums replaced with flats or a supermarket, ME is subsidising the club by millions every season just to keep it going because revenue is less than cost of running club and paying the wages and this season it will be just as bad bcos although players taken pay cuts, revenue from tv and gate receipts is likely to be less as well so losses likely to be same as in championship or possibly worse. People can moan about ME, but RK got money to spend in transfer market but still couldn’t get Town in top six. MM faired better on a limited budget as a better manager in my opinion. Only thing ME has done wrong is putting faith in wrong managers and not giving MM money to spend as I believe if he had of done we might have got promotion, got millions in tv money and parachute payments and put club in better footing and maybe made club more attractive to sell if ME wanted out. There are far worse chairman/owners around, eg the Oystons at Blackpool (now left club), forests owners constantly changing managers every season etc
Investment on 20:45 - Jul 7 with 4562 viewssparks

Investment on 20:20 - Jul 7 by mrshallisfit

Firstly be far more in touch with the everyday running of the club. He has employed two CEO totalling 5/6 years that were absolutely clueless about the general workings of the football club.

What could or should he have done to avoid the operating loss?

Investment on 20:47 - Jul 7 with 4553 viewsKeaneish

Investment on 20:23 - Jul 7 by RegencyBlue

I have never been able to work out how a man who made his money out of corporate entertaining manages to produce such a poor match day experience off the pitch, never mind on it!

It's pretty dire isn't it? With a little effort there's more money to be made for sure. Whatever model ME operates, he's decided a certain fixed amount per year is all we get and whatever falls by the way side is irrelevant largely because as long as he's operating at a level he perceives as acceptable, us and the rest of the club are inconsequential.

I'd love to know the value increase in playford road and the grounds assets over the years. Sure they're not to the tune of 6 million a year but given how the ME Groups business grows year on year, it's clear we're a pawn in a larger commercial enterprise. We pay rent on Playford Road every year to an ME group in Gurnsey for tax purposes. I'm sure between a balance of transfer revenue, increase in asset value and 'free' advertising his 6 million 'investment' isnt an operating loss to him personally - he's too smart and successful for that.

Investment on 20:52 - Jul 7 with 4538 viewssparks

Investment on 20:47 - Jul 7 by Keaneish

It's pretty dire isn't it? With a little effort there's more money to be made for sure. Whatever model ME operates, he's decided a certain fixed amount per year is all we get and whatever falls by the way side is irrelevant largely because as long as he's operating at a level he perceives as acceptable, us and the rest of the club are inconsequential.

I'd love to know the value increase in playford road and the grounds assets over the years. Sure they're not to the tune of 6 million a year but given how the ME Groups business grows year on year, it's clear we're a pawn in a larger commercial enterprise. We pay rent on Playford Road every year to an ME group in Gurnsey for tax purposes. I'm sure between a balance of transfer revenue, increase in asset value and 'free' advertising his 6 million 'investment' isnt an operating loss to him personally - he's too smart and successful for that.

Why do you think we do that with Playford road?

Its a way of efficiently giving the club money.

Investment on 20:53 - Jul 7 with 4525 viewsjas0999

Sadly, he has neglected the single most important thing of a football club ... the squad. Players. Or in his world the product.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024