Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament 23:11 - Jul 25 with 42036 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see them all taking it so seriously, after all it was only 42.6C in Paris today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 23:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:42 - Aug 2 with 1748 viewsgiant_stow

Awkward for CiL to be on the same side as this Kanye: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/02/greta-thunberg-hits-back-at-

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:46 - Aug 2 with 1694 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:42 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Awkward for CiL to be on the same side as this Kanye: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/02/greta-thunberg-hits-back-at-

Just another conspiracy theory for her to add to her collection innit.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:25 - Aug 2 with 1669 viewsCoachRob

Nice little presentation from an atmospheric physicist on the Earth's energy balance and how climate change affects this.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 13:26]
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:38 - Aug 2 with 1645 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:25 - Aug 2 by CoachRob

Nice little presentation from an atmospheric physicist on the Earth's energy balance and how climate change affects this.

Very good. Not sure it will convince the science-sceptics but helping them understand the science is probably the most important step.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:45 - Aug 2 with 1638 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:25 - Aug 2 by CoachRob

I'll try and watch that later.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/july-weather-hottest-month-ever-climat

Debate isn't settled though of course.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:50 - Aug 2 with 1634 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:38 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Very good. Not sure it will convince the science-sceptics but helping them understand the science is probably the most important step.

I have my doubts as to whether they'd take time to watch those tho.

I'd introduce a law making it mandatory for any leader of any country, before they are allowed to take office, having to watch Commander of the ISS Chris Hadfield's images of earth taken from space, and his comments about our "fragile blue dot" having no country borders when seen from a distance.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 1628 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:50 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

I'd introduce a law making it mandatory for any leader of any country, before they are allowed to take office, having to watch Commander of the ISS Chris Hadfield's images of earth taken from space, and his comments about our "fragile blue dot" having no country borders when seen from a distance.

You think they would care? Look who is in charge in places at the moment, some of the ones doing the most damage such as Trump and Bolsonaro wouldn't care at all.

For interest, "Pale blue dot" actually refers to a picture taken by Voyager 1 in 1990.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 1622 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:53 - Aug 2 by StokieBlue

You think they would care? Look who is in charge in places at the moment, some of the ones doing the most damage such as Trump and Bolsonaro wouldn't care at all.

For interest, "Pale blue dot" actually refers to a picture taken by Voyager 1 in 1990.

SB

Not so sure re your first para - I think those images do give a sense of perspective which isn't possible any other way, and raise emotions which may well have not been there previously.

Re your 2nd para - I know! (well generally anyway). Was just using it to make the point.

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:48 - Aug 2 with 1577 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:59 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

Not so sure re your first para - I think those images do give a sense of perspective which isn't possible any other way, and raise emotions which may well have not been there previously.

Re your 2nd para - I know! (well generally anyway). Was just using it to make the point.

I honestly don't think it will make a difference.

Look at what Bolsonaro has done to the space director who published photos of increased deforestation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/02/brazil-space-institute-director-sa

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:55 - Aug 2 with 1569 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:48 - Aug 2 by StokieBlue

I honestly don't think it will make a difference.

Look at what Bolsonaro has done to the space director who published photos of increased deforestation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/02/brazil-space-institute-director-sa

SB

That's pretty appalling.....oh well not long til the next election!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:03 - Aug 6 with 1466 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

http://www.drroyspencer.com/about/
http://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-natural-or-manmade/
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/08/july-2019-was-not-the-warmest-on-record/

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:46 - Aug 6 with 1438 viewslinhdi

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 13:50 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

Spot on - national borders are just an artificial construct, designed to enable control of people.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:29 - Aug 7 with 1422 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:46 - Aug 6 by linhdi

Spot on - national borders are just an artificial construct, designed to enable control of people.

That's not really true is it.

If you said they are a historical construct then maybe but the motive would still be wrong.

Show your working.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 0:39]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:30 - Aug 7 with 1421 viewsjeera

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:03 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

What does he even want?

Apart from recognition.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:28 - Aug 7 with 1354 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 23:03 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's just really, really poor science. I'd hope for his sake that he's paid to think that.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:31 - Aug 7 with 1353 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:34 - Jul 29 by StokieBlue

Your whole post was an ethnicity based generalisation thus my point is easy for anyone to understand.

You understand it. The only other conclusion is you're in general a racist and I don't really want to draw that conclusion.

Stop talking b*llocks please.

SB

My post was nothing to do with ethnicity/race and everything to do with culture shaped over centuries by ruling government, religious and economic powers in different societies.

Your attempt to paint me as some sort of despicable racist is desperate although it happens to be consistent with the current media trend of labelling all those who are sceptical or dissenting of media-pushed narrative and culture-shaping opinion as "far right". In my case, nothing could be further from the truth.

Your comments are a clear example of suppression of freedom of expression to all with open eyes and open minds to see.

I've stated countless times that fascism will come in the name of anti-fascism. Think about what you are doing in constantly trying to stifle the airing of alternative views.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:51 - Aug 7 with 1333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 00:30 - Aug 7 by jeera

What does he even want?

Apart from recognition.

Maybe the answer is nothing and he is just a scientist!
The chief forecaster on a website I subscribe to for work linked to the issue about July global records and often comments on the surprising number of temperature records set at Heathrow!

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:54 - Aug 7 with 1322 viewsDanTheMan

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:28 - Aug 7 by gordon

That's just really, really poor science. I'd hope for his sake that he's paid to think that.

This is a man who also thinks intelligent design is more scientific than evolution.

Just to put things into perspective.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:55 - Aug 7 with 1321 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:28 - Aug 7 by gordon

Can you explain your working after all he is only a former NASA scientist so I thought it worth posting.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:58 - Aug 7 with 1316 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:31 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

My post was nothing to do with ethnicity/race and everything to do with culture shaped over centuries by ruling government, religious and economic powers in different societies.

Your attempt to paint me as some sort of despicable racist is desperate although it happens to be consistent with the current media trend of labelling all those who are sceptical or dissenting of media-pushed narrative and culture-shaping opinion as "far right". In my case, nothing could be further from the truth.

Your comments are a clear example of suppression of freedom of expression to all with open eyes and open minds to see.

I've stated countless times that fascism will come in the name of anti-fascism. Think about what you are doing in constantly trying to stifle the airing of alternative views.

I'm not painting you as anything, you do a rather good job of that at yourself hence why people agreed with my post.

It's a bit odd to dig up a post more than a week old and a few pages back, especially after you've replied to many posts after it.

No agenda there at all....

Stating that anyone who dares to disagree with you or points out the flaws in your position is stifling debate it a total nonsense. Not all views are equivalent depending on evidence and subject. Please stop pushing false equivalence in every single thread.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 7:59]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:58 - Aug 7 with 1315 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:54 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

This is a man who also thinks intelligent design is more scientific than evolution.

Just to put things into perspective.

I hear that his favourite cheese is Dairylea too.....so probably best ignored!

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:01 - Aug 7 with 1309 viewsDanTheMan

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:58 - Aug 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I hear that his favourite cheese is Dairylea too.....so probably best ignored!

Yes, because that's a reasonable comparison. As opposed to me bringing up that he also thinks that intelligent design is more scientific that evolution.

How terrible of me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:03 - Aug 7 with 1309 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:55 - Aug 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can you explain your working after all he is only a former NASA scientist so I thought it worth posting.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/may/1

There's a start - you could just Google the Pacific oscillation theory of climate deniers to see why it's daft.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:16 - Aug 7 with 1299 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:01 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

Yes, because that's a reasonable comparison. As opposed to me bringing up that he also thinks that intelligent design is more scientific that evolution.

How terrible of me.

But what about what he says about temperature data ?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:14 - Aug 7 with 1250 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:58 - Aug 7 by StokieBlue

I'm not painting you as anything, you do a rather good job of that at yourself hence why people agreed with my post.

It's a bit odd to dig up a post more than a week old and a few pages back, especially after you've replied to many posts after it.

No agenda there at all....

Stating that anyone who dares to disagree with you or points out the flaws in your position is stifling debate it a total nonsense. Not all views are equivalent depending on evidence and subject. Please stop pushing false equivalence in every single thread.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 7:59]

I've never had a problem with people disagreeing with my views, that's not stifling debate. Incorrectly labelling someone a racist is.

The rest of your post is mere deflection from that point and amounts to nothing more than crowing "I got more uppies than you on a 3rd tier football club forum page than you, so I'm right and you're wrong".

It's a pitiful little act to sit alongside your dramatic overreaction to everything and your valiant efforts to protect innocents from expression of alternative views.

Seriously, if I do such a good job of painting myself as a peddler of such dangerous views, and your opinions are better than mine because they are more popular, you seem to invest an enormous amount of time in misrepresenting and name calling. You can't have it both ways, unless you want to overdramatise everything as usual.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024