Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament 23:11 - Jul 25 with 42032 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see them all taking it so seriously, after all it was only 42.6C in Paris today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 23:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 1449 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:33 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

"Jeezus H - you asked for evidence - I pointed out that it is within this thread "

Where? If I can't see it, and you can, show we where it is.

Ryorry: There's a massive needle in that haystack what everyone can see apart from you.
CIL: where?
Ryorry: It's in the haystack.
CIL: If you can see it, please show me.
Ryorry: Why should I waste my time showing you? Everyone else can see it apart from you!

Do you not see the point of me asking? If you accuse me of something, the decent think is to point it out so I have a chance of defending myself, or accepting the fact that you're right and perhaps even learn from it. If you don't point it out, then it's fair for me to think that you've made it up, irrespective of any claim by you or others that you're all in agreement about what I'm accused of.

You seriously want me to c & p an entire 12 page thread??!!

I posted what was meant to be a genuinely helpful suggestion to you for a way out of the hole you dug yourself; your response is to try & smear me & dig your sharpened spade down even harder.

Talk about evidence for Stokie's comment about you being nasty - I didn't upvote him because I dislike endorsing such comments about others, but must say I'm sorely tempted now ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 1447 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:42 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Username?

HurleyBurley

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 1446 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:33 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Agree.I don't think CIL is the type to have a secret second account.

Although maybe I would say that...

On the one hand it seems I have this perverse desire to be different to everyone else, but then I have a second account who supports me. I don't get that.

That said, perhaps I should set up a second account to dislike my opinions more than anyone else. Wow, that would be really cool, I'd get a net surplus of positive votes on threads like this, because that's what it's all about, right? Popular opinion is right, always. Right?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 1446 viewsfooters

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:44 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

I stopped reading after your first line. You'll understand why.

What's the point of the whole global warming / climate change argument/debate if there's danger to us.

Put it like this:

I know that if I enter an empty sealed room that is below my body temperature, say 20 degrees C, my sheer presence is going to warm it up, whether I start a fire or not. Let's call this "room warming", or even "room temperature change" if you like. I accept it. But whether I accept it or not, what relevance does it have if it has no danger to me or the room I'm in?

So, hang on, just to summarise briefly...

You're basically saying that humankind does create global warming but essentially it's fine because it's not causing any harm.

That it in a nutshell?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:53 - Jul 28 with 1438 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:50 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

You seriously want me to c & p an entire 12 page thread??!!

I posted what was meant to be a genuinely helpful suggestion to you for a way out of the hole you dug yourself; your response is to try & smear me & dig your sharpened spade down even harder.

Talk about evidence for Stokie's comment about you being nasty - I didn't upvote him because I dislike endorsing such comments about others, but must say I'm sorely tempted now ...

"You seriously want me to c & p an entire 12 page thread??!! ·

No, post one example to support your accusation.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:54 - Jul 28 with 1429 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:35 - Jul 28 by footers

Ah, so you're admitting to being BobbyDazzler now, eh?

Anyhoo, how's this all going? Anyone won yet?

My alternative username is known by every. The hilariously brilliant Gitileaks.

Interesting you keep pushing that BD thing though...trying to hide something? Do you have less usernames than Spruce and wjk?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:55 - Jul 28 with 1424 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:51 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

On the one hand it seems I have this perverse desire to be different to everyone else, but then I have a second account who supports me. I don't get that.

That said, perhaps I should set up a second account to dislike my opinions more than anyone else. Wow, that would be really cool, I'd get a net surplus of positive votes on threads like this, because that's what it's all about, right? Popular opinion is right, always. Right?

I'll have to check with everyone else and get back to you.

Truly impaired.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament (n/t) on 15:55 - Jul 28 with 1423 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:51 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

HurleyBurley

Thanks. I'm far from convinced though to be honest.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 15:57]

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:56 - Jul 28 with 1420 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:51 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

HurleyBurley

That's right, HurleyBurley, Seablu and Bogblue.

EDIT: And plenty of others who I "hold hands with" from the past who held similar views to me, but seem to have disappeared now.

I need them all to prove I'm an attention seeking individual you thrives on being different.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 15:59]

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:59 - Jul 28 with 1406 viewsfooters

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:54 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

My alternative username is known by every. The hilariously brilliant Gitileaks.

Interesting you keep pushing that BD thing though...trying to hide something? Do you have less usernames than Spruce and wjk?

Fewer, not less. But I only have one hilarious alt that isn't at all obvious to anyone. How people could work it out is beyond my gift.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:00 - Jul 28 with 1400 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:44 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

I stopped reading after your first line. You'll understand why.

What's the point of the whole global warming / climate change argument/debate if there's danger to us.

Put it like this:

I know that if I enter an empty sealed room that is below my body temperature, say 20 degrees C, my sheer presence is going to warm it up, whether I start a fire or not. Let's call this "room warming", or even "room temperature change" if you like. I accept it. But whether I accept it or not, what relevance does it have if it has no danger to me or the room I'm in?

Trying my best, but I genuinely don't follow what you're trying to say here.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:00 - Jul 28 with 1401 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:46 - Jul 28 by Darth_Koont

You attacked the messenger, it's there in black and white, and now you're desperately squirming on the hook.

Lovely to watch.

I said she was a victim of child abuse. How is that attacking her?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:02 - Jul 28 with 1392 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:00 - Jul 28 by gordon

Trying my best, but I genuinely don't follow what you're trying to say here.

What's the point of scientists accepting anthropologic global warming as a fact if it's not a danger?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:06 - Jul 28 with 1375 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:00 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

I said she was a victim of child abuse. How is that attacking her?

Pronouns: He/Him

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:06 - Jul 28 with 1375 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:59 - Jul 28 by footers

Fewer, not less. But I only have one hilarious alt that isn't at all obvious to anyone. How people could work it out is beyond my gift.

The most hilarious posters on here are StokieBlue, DarthKoont, Ryorry, SpruceMoose, Herbivore and Caught-in-limbo. Is it one of them?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:07 - Jul 28 with 1366 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:06 - Jul 28 by Darth_Koont

LOL

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:09 - Jul 28 with 1358 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:53 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

"You seriously want me to c & p an entire 12 page thread??!! ·

No, post one example to support your accusation.

You're so disingenuous it beggars belief.

Stokie said
11:19 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue
"That's rather a lot of assumptions there and it's quite a stereotypical assessment.
If you substituted the words Anglo Saxon for African I suspect it would come over rather racist as well.
I don't think you're doing yourself any favours.
SB"

To which you replied
"So no specific example to present? Well, that's hardly a surprise.
There appears to be a pattern forming here."

To which I replied (to you)
"[Post edited 28 Jul 11:19]"Look, just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it of course, but you backed yourself into a corner early doors & have been trying unsuccessfully, with increasing desperation, to wriggle out of ever since, actually reducing your credibility in the process as several others have posted very solid stuff puncturing your balloon.
You'd be given more respect & taken more seriously if for once you just stuck your hand up & admitted you got it wrong. "

To which you replied (to me)
"I have no idea what you're talking about.
Please cite evidence, otherwise it just looks like unsubstantiated accusations. I'm sure you don't want to do that.
[Post edited 28 Jul 12:43]

To which I replied
"Lol, read the thread CIL - you're just backing me up with that post!"

"You always do this. You throw accusations around without backing them up. When asked to do so, you can't back yourself and say, "just read through the thread".
It's lame. You're just a mud slinger. I support my convictions and opinions with sourced material or let people know it is my own opinion. You don't. Such behaviour appeals to people who are ideologically opposed to me. There's nothing healthy or positive about your MO."

////////////////////////

So I've actually no idea whatsoever of what "evidence" it is you're actually wanting, nor what "accusations" you are accusing me of making. All you've done is stir, deliberately confuse, & play smoke & mirrors. Really don't see why I should waste any more of my Sunday on you; you're shrewd enough to have worked out that time-wasting is my pet hate & I'm sure you're doing it deliberately. Enjoy the rest of your day.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 16:19]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:13 - Jul 28 with 1349 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:02 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

What's the point of scientists accepting anthropologic global warming as a fact if it's not a danger?

Well, if that's what you understood from my post it's not too difficult to see how you get in such a pickle!

I certainly didn't say that climate isn't a danger - what I said was that the role of climate science is often to inform many other fields of research.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:16 - Jul 28 with 1341 viewsjeera

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:59 - Jul 28 by footers

That knickers one?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:19 - Jul 28 with 1331 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:09 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

You're so disingenuous it beggars belief.

Stokie said
11:19 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue
"That's rather a lot of assumptions there and it's quite a stereotypical assessment.
If you substituted the words Anglo Saxon for African I suspect it would come over rather racist as well.
I don't think you're doing yourself any favours.
SB"

To which you replied
"So no specific example to present? Well, that's hardly a surprise.
There appears to be a pattern forming here."

To which I replied (to you)
"[Post edited 28 Jul 11:19]"Look, just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it of course, but you backed yourself into a corner early doors & have been trying unsuccessfully, with increasing desperation, to wriggle out of ever since, actually reducing your credibility in the process as several others have posted very solid stuff puncturing your balloon.
You'd be given more respect & taken more seriously if for once you just stuck your hand up & admitted you got it wrong. "

"I have no idea what you're talking about.
Please cite evidence, otherwise it just looks like unsubstantiated accusations. I'm sure you don't want to do that.
[Post edited 28 Jul 12:43]

To which I replied
"Lol, read the thread CIL - you're just backing me up with that post!"

"You always do this. You throw accusations around without backing them up. When asked to do so, you can't back yourself and say, "just read through the thread".
It's lame. You're just a mud slinger. I support my convictions and opinions with sourced material or let people know it is my own opinion. You don't. Such behaviour appeals to people who are ideologically opposed to me. There's nothing healthy or positive about your MO."

////////////////////////

So I've actually no idea whatsoever of what "evidence" it is you're actually wanting, nor what "accusations" you are accusing me of making. All you've done is stir, deliberately confuse, & play smoke & mirrors. Really don't see why I should waste any more of my Sunday on you; you're shrewd enough to have worked out that time-wasting is my pet hate & I'm sure you're doing it deliberately. Enjoy the rest of your day.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 16:19]

Then perhaps you can tell me how the thread that Stokie was referring to was racist an d contained assumptions?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament (n/t) on 16:19 - Jul 28 with 1329 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:19 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

Then perhaps you can tell me how the thread that Stokie was referring to was racist an d contained assumptions?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:24 - Jul 28 with 1316 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:19 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

(Browser jumped & fired a blank for previous post.)

I have no idea, as I've never replied to or voted for that comment of Stokie's - I didn't get involved with it at all. I read it & could sort of see where he was coming from, but while I was doing the washing up away from site, pondered the issue & thought it was fair enough to place people & their views within the context of their culture - both nature and nurture etc.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:31 - Jul 28 with 1303 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:24 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

(Browser jumped & fired a blank for previous post.)

I have no idea, as I've never replied to or voted for that comment of Stokie's - I didn't get involved with it at all. I read it & could sort of see where he was coming from, but while I was doing the washing up away from site, pondered the issue & thought it was fair enough to place people & their views within the context of their culture - both nature and nurture etc.

But Stokie's comment and my response to it formed the starting point of your answer to another question.

You didn't get involved with Stokie's comment but you have used it in your answer to be as evidence of something.

What?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:33 - Jul 28 with 1297 viewsfooters

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:16 - Jul 28 by jeera

That knickers one?

I'd love to see more knickers, bud!

But if you mean kinnockers, then no. Whoever they are has made an account just to ape me. It's quite concerning.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:33 - Jul 28 with 1294 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 16:33 - Jul 28 by footers

I'd love to see more knickers, bud!

But if you mean kinnockers, then no. Whoever they are has made an account just to ape me. It's quite concerning.

Yea it's a real mystery

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024