Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament 23:11 - Jul 25 with 42031 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see them all taking it so seriously, after all it was only 42.6C in Paris today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 23:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:20 - Aug 7 with 2808 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:14 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

I've never had a problem with people disagreeing with my views, that's not stifling debate. Incorrectly labelling someone a racist is.

The rest of your post is mere deflection from that point and amounts to nothing more than crowing "I got more uppies than you on a 3rd tier football club forum page than you, so I'm right and you're wrong".

It's a pitiful little act to sit alongside your dramatic overreaction to everything and your valiant efforts to protect innocents from expression of alternative views.

Seriously, if I do such a good job of painting myself as a peddler of such dangerous views, and your opinions are better than mine because they are more popular, you seem to invest an enormous amount of time in misrepresenting and name calling. You can't have it both ways, unless you want to overdramatise everything as usual.

Why did you feel the need to go back multiple pages and reply to something 9 days later that you had previously ignored?

You clearly are just looking for an argument but you're not going to find one here.

Have a lovely day.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 10:21]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:22 - Aug 7 with 2799 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:14 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

I've never had a problem with people disagreeing with my views, that's not stifling debate. Incorrectly labelling someone a racist is.

The rest of your post is mere deflection from that point and amounts to nothing more than crowing "I got more uppies than you on a 3rd tier football club forum page than you, so I'm right and you're wrong".

It's a pitiful little act to sit alongside your dramatic overreaction to everything and your valiant efforts to protect innocents from expression of alternative views.

Seriously, if I do such a good job of painting myself as a peddler of such dangerous views, and your opinions are better than mine because they are more popular, you seem to invest an enormous amount of time in misrepresenting and name calling. You can't have it both ways, unless you want to overdramatise everything as usual.

"The rest of your post is mere deflection from that point and amounts to nothing more than crowing "I got more uppies than you on a 3rd tier football club forum page than you, so I'm right and you're wrong". "

Would his post be less invalid in your view if we were a top tier football club?

Your using arguments like that, never mind those in your 3rd & 4th paras, are one reason so many people are so sceptical about what you write.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:34 - Aug 7 with 2781 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:22 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

"The rest of your post is mere deflection from that point and amounts to nothing more than crowing "I got more uppies than you on a 3rd tier football club forum page than you, so I'm right and you're wrong". "

Would his post be less invalid in your view if we were a top tier football club?

Your using arguments like that, never mind those in your 3rd & 4th paras, are one reason so many people are so sceptical about what you write.

The key word is football, not 3rd tier.

EDIT:

I should also point out that I wouldn't want anyone to be anything other than sceptical about what I write or what anyone here writes for that matter.

Open-minded scepticism is the way to go. Having your mind made up about anything is not a foundation on which critical or scientific thinking should be built.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 11:28]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:37 - Aug 7 with 2776 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:34 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

The key word is football, not 3rd tier.

EDIT:

I should also point out that I wouldn't want anyone to be anything other than sceptical about what I write or what anyone here writes for that matter.

Open-minded scepticism is the way to go. Having your mind made up about anything is not a foundation on which critical or scientific thinking should be built.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 11:28]

You're telling us that your post wasn't about Stokie, politics or debate but actually about football?!

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:16 - Aug 7 with 2750 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:20 - Aug 7 by StokieBlue

Why did you feel the need to go back multiple pages and reply to something 9 days later that you had previously ignored?

You clearly are just looking for an argument but you're not going to find one here.

Have a lovely day.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 10:21]

My post today on page 15 was a reply to your reply to me on page 14.

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this multiple page obsession.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:24 - Aug 7 with 2744 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:37 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

You're telling us that your post wasn't about Stokie, politics or debate but actually about football?!

No, I'm not telling anyone that.

My point is that we are talking politics and Stokie cited that more people agreed with him. My point is that bragging that more people on a football forum agree with him is not the best support for a political viewpoint you can give.

BTW, did you notice how I explained something which I thought was really obvious rather than telling you to read through the thread again and try and work it out yourself?

I think that's probably why many people do have time for me (including the site mods) and why I've been offering alternative views on this site for over 10 years.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 2727 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:24 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

My point is that we are talking politics and Stokie cited that more people agreed with him. My point is that bragging that more people on a football forum agree with him is not the best support for a political viewpoint you can give.

BTW, did you notice how I explained something which I thought was really obvious rather than telling you to read through the thread again and try and work it out yourself?

I think that's probably why many people do have time for me (including the site mods) and why I've been offering alternative views on this site for over 10 years.

As these days you answer with nothing but disingenuousness at best, and downright lies at worst, it's clearly become a pointless waste of time responding to you at all.

I'm out.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:40 - Aug 7 with 2719 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:27 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

As these days you answer with nothing but disingenuousness at best, and downright lies at worst, it's clearly become a pointless waste of time responding to you at all.

I'm out.

You appear to have avoided the content of my post completely.

I'm happy for you to go and join Stokie, SpruceMoose and co with their hollow promises they've shown time and again that they are incapable of honouring.

And when you do come back, we can talk about disingenuousness, hypocrisy and self-awareness too.

#HeardItAllBefore
#HastaPronto
EDIT: #NowLogOnAsBogBlueToDownVoteThisPost
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 17:24]

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 14:14 - Aug 7 with 2682 viewsSpruceMoose

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:40 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

I'm happy for you to go and join Stokie, SpruceMoose and co with their hollow promises they've shown time and again that they are incapable of honouring.

And when you do come back, we can talk about disingenuousness, hypocrisy and self-awareness too.

#HeardItAllBefore
#HastaPronto

Thanks for the mention. Let me know where to send my rent check for the loft apartment in your brain, Vlad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 2669 viewsClapham_Junction

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 08:16 - Aug 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

But what about what he says about temperature data ?

https://skepticalscience.com/skeptic_Roy_Spencer.htm

Are you really getting into climate change denial now?
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 18:19 - Aug 7 with 2622 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 14:29 - Aug 7 by Clapham_Junction

https://skepticalscience.com/skeptic_Roy_Spencer.htm

Are you really getting into climate change denial now?

No..... but thought" the principal research scientist for the University of Alabama in Huntsville, as well as the U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR-E) on NASA’s Aqua satellite" who was referred to by the chief weather forecaster on a respected website I use for work (Dr Simon Keeling) in a piece about the accuracy of temperature data in relation to the supposed record global July temperatures might be worth considering.
The recent trend to the sensationalist main stream media equating all things, including, single weather events and failing Victorian infrastructure to climate change is doing none of us any favours imho.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 19:23 - Aug 7 with 2601 viewsm14_blue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 11:24 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

Do you still think Brexit won't happen, or will happen in name only?

Looking less likely by the day at the moment.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 19:36 - Aug 7 with 2591 viewsgordon

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 07:55 - Aug 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can you explain your working after all he is only a former NASA scientist so I thought it worth posting.

It looks like the idea is to try to attribute climate change to the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (periodic climatic variability caused by something or other).

Because the PDO is basically climate data too, when you run models with some measure of PDO as an explanatory variable and global climate as a dependent variable, your models will say that PDO is highly correlated with climate, more so than e.g. atmospheric CO2.

You then basically publish a data paper showing this correlation, which is used by people who want to say 'look, here's a paper which contradicts the consensus, the debate is still alive etc...' Without them actually understanding what they are talking about.

In short, it's like saying sunny days are causing climate change, not carbon emissions.

* I didn't bother reading much of it and may have misrepresented any / all of this.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:34 - Aug 7 with 2547 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 19:23 - Aug 7 by m14_blue

Do you still think Brexit won't happen, or will happen in name only?

Looking less likely by the day at the moment.

Whatever happens the City will remain the financial capital of Europe.

Britain's military, which is a pitiful affair for the economy we have, is tied to France and Europe (and NATO) and will remain tied into Europe irrespective of what happens to NATO in the next few years.

Yes, Brexit - if it happens - will be nominal, meaningless or a temporary stepping stone to a federalised Europe.

Whatever happens Britain won't become an economic wasteland, the City will continue to boss the world, and those of us (well, you) who feel the brunt of the country's shrinking middle class and reduced social services will be content with your lot because you'll buy into the media narrative that everything is the fault of China, or Russia, or the far right and will never stop to consider that the country has been torn apart by greedy bankers, bought out politicians and a complicit media.

COYB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 22:36]

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 14:47 - Aug 8 with 2423 viewseireblue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 22:34 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

Whatever happens the City will remain the financial capital of Europe.

Britain's military, which is a pitiful affair for the economy we have, is tied to France and Europe (and NATO) and will remain tied into Europe irrespective of what happens to NATO in the next few years.

Yes, Brexit - if it happens - will be nominal, meaningless or a temporary stepping stone to a federalised Europe.

Whatever happens Britain won't become an economic wasteland, the City will continue to boss the world, and those of us (well, you) who feel the brunt of the country's shrinking middle class and reduced social services will be content with your lot because you'll buy into the media narrative that everything is the fault of China, or Russia, or the far right and will never stop to consider that the country has been torn apart by greedy bankers, bought out politicians and a complicit media.

COYB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 22:36]

I once remember someone posting a link about Eisenhower warning of the growing influence of the military-industrial complex.

I think the UK's army is possibly too big.

A small military, means less industry that supports the military.

I think I once knew a poster who would have been in favour of a smaller military.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:05 - Aug 8 with 2408 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 14:47 - Aug 8 by eireblue

I once remember someone posting a link about Eisenhower warning of the growing influence of the military-industrial complex.

I think the UK's army is possibly too big.

A small military, means less industry that supports the military.

I think I once knew a poster who would have been in favour of a smaller military.

I think there's a difference between 1960's America and its military, its bases around the world, its foreign interventions in far flung places and the industrial complex and foreign policy that is required to sustain that compared to the UK today and her defence goals in the lead-up to post Brexit.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 15:06]

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:12 - Aug 8 with 2387 viewseireblue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:05 - Aug 8 by caught-in-limbo

I think there's a difference between 1960's America and its military, its bases around the world, its foreign interventions in far flung places and the industrial complex and foreign policy that is required to sustain that compared to the UK today and her defence goals in the lead-up to post Brexit.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 15:06]

The poster I was thinking of, didn't make the reference in the 1960's.

It was definitely more recently than that, and was used in reference to current stuff.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:18 - Aug 8 with 2379 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:12 - Aug 8 by eireblue

The poster I was thinking of, didn't make the reference in the 1960's.

It was definitely more recently than that, and was used in reference to current stuff.

Perhaps you could link me to the poster's actual comment and context, so we can talk about this on a level playing field, if that is indeed what you want to do.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:24 - Aug 8 with 2368 viewsStu_Magoo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 12:40 - Aug 7 by caught-in-limbo

#HeardItAllBefore
#HastaPronto

For what it's worth, I downvoted this by accident whilst reading my phone, sat on the loo.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:24 - Aug 8 with 2371 viewseireblue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:18 - Aug 8 by caught-in-limbo

Perhaps you could link me to the poster's actual comment and context, so we can talk about this on a level playing field, if that is indeed what you want to do.

Well we can't really discuss things on a level playing surface, can we.

You have a different culture, you assume I have an Anglo-Saxon culture, and apparently that makes it difficult for me to understand you.

You would be much better finding the reference yourself, and arguing it out with that poster.
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:26 - Aug 8 with 2370 viewsSpruceMoose

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:24 - Aug 8 by eireblue

Well we can't really discuss things on a level playing surface, can we.

You have a different culture, you assume I have an Anglo-Saxon culture, and apparently that makes it difficult for me to understand you.

You would be much better finding the reference yourself, and arguing it out with that poster.

Anglo-Saxon? You're thinking of Bella Napoli.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:31 - Aug 8 with 2362 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:24 - Aug 8 by Stu_Magoo

For what it's worth, I downvoted this by accident whilst reading my phone, sat on the loo.

That's okay Stu, I imagine most of the downvotes I receive are in fact accidental. There are 3 or 4 such posters that have clearly have very fat hands.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:35 - Aug 8 with 2347 viewslowhouseblue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:31 - Aug 8 by caught-in-limbo

That's okay Stu, I imagine most of the downvotes I receive are in fact accidental. There are 3 or 4 such posters that have clearly have very fat hands.

no, no, no. always intentional.

jeez it's quiet on here.

day after tomorrow will (i think) be the first time I've ever watched a third division game. that it should come to this.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:37 - Aug 8 with 2335 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:35 - Aug 8 by lowhouseblue

no, no, no. always intentional.

jeez it's quiet on here.

day after tomorrow will (i think) be the first time I've ever watched a third division game. that it should come to this.

sense of humour bypass?

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:42 - Aug 8 with 2327 viewslowhouseblue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 15:37 - Aug 8 by caught-in-limbo

sense of humour bypass?

no just bored.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024